Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Wille Nelson-Teatro
Diana Krall- The Girl in the other room.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

We spent last weekend with some good friends at the Mullumbimbi Music Festival and I really enjoyed Bombino from Niger. He was described as a combination of Ali Farka Touré and Jimi Hendrix and he (They, the whole band was great) didn't disappoint. When I went back the next night for another  session, a lady standing in line told me she didn't know what to expect. I explained it was a combination of African rhythms and rocky guitar. She didn't know what I meant with African rhythms so I explained it as rhythms that seem to be different for everyone. "Look at the people dancing tonight" I said. "You'll find they'll all be dancing to different rhythms that exist in the same song". The concert was again great. Even better than the night before. But there was a bonus. People did dance at all kinds of rhythms but there were these two African girls that stole the show for me. They were on a different plane altogether. Dancing at a speed only Africans seem to be able to. An absolute joy to watch.

If you want a taste of Bombino, try the album Azel. You'll find out in the first 30 second whether you like it or not.

Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Możdżer Danielsson Fresco “Between Us and the Light”

[Image: 1VWoOPU.png]

Excellent piano trio, and a superb recording.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Bob Marley & The Wailers-Kaya. 40th Anniversary Edition. Tidal/Roon.
I know this album well, and it sounds to me as if some of the tracks have been remixed, not just remastered for MQA. It sounds very good though!

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Enjoy!

Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
Rain Tree Crow (eponymous album).

[Image: RTC_cover.jpg]

Been a while since I listened to this, but it's sounding as great as ever!

Very thoughtful and atmospheric - perfect late-night listening.
Warwickshire, UK
Van the Man himself says of the album, "It's important to get back to recording new music as well as doing some of the blues material that has inspired me from the beginning. This can also be signed as a listener, because for "The Prophet Speaks" Van worked with Joey DeFrancesco (the co-responsible for his last Album "You're Driving Me Crazy") as well as with Dan Wilson on guitar, Michael Ode on drums and Troy Roberts on tenor saxophone together.
(Source: HRA)
Download HRA 96/24

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Jeff Berlin-In Harmony’s Way. Tidal/Roon. FLAC. This guy plays the Bass guitar like a six string. Amazing.

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Axel - nice. I saw Jeff Berlin play a couple of times as part of Bruford, and he was brilliant. As someone said of him "he's got ears as well as fingers".
Warwickshire, UK
Miles Davis
Live Evil is an album of both live and studio recordings by American Jazz Musician Miles Davis. Parts of the album featured music from Davis's Concert at the Cellar Door in 1970.

Miles Davis, trumpet
Hermeto Pascoal, vocals, whistling, electric piano, drums
John McLaughlin, guitar
Khalil Balakrishna, electric sitar
Gary Bartz, soprano saxophone, alto saxophone
Steve Grossman, soprano saxophone
Wayne Shorter, soprano saxophone
Keith Jarrett, electric piano, organ, keyboards
Herbie Hancock, electric piano, keyboards
Chick Corea, electric piano
Joe Zawinul, electric piano
Dave Holland, acoustic bass, electric bass
Ron Carter, acoustic bass
Michael Henderson, electric bass
Jack DeJohnette, drums
Billy Cobham, drums
Airto Moreira, percussion

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria