Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
block access to phantom
Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict access to the phantom, or to 'lock' the current source to a single phone/computer? 

For example, sometimes when streaming to the phantoms a housemate will connect and send a random song through spotify, interrupting my playback. I would like to prevent this within the app or disconnect the access. The only workaround I can think of is to connect the phantoms to a separate wifi network, and even then I think bluetooth connection is still available.
This will only be possible with an advanced firewall by blocking access from 'any' IP address, but allowing IPs of the specific devices you want. If Bluetooth on Phantoms can't be turned off or you need it on you'll still risk that someone pairs with your Phantoms and interrupts... unless Phantoms have some sort of access list
I do not own Phantoms so I may have this wrong...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(03-Mar-2021, 17:32)phancypants Wrote: Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict access to the phantom, or to 'lock' the current source to a single phone/computer? 

For example, sometimes when streaming to the phantoms a housemate will connect and send a random song through spotify, interrupting my playback. I would like to prevent this within the app or disconnect the access. The only workaround I can think of is to connect the phantoms to a separate wifi network, and even then I think bluetooth connection is still available.

The easiest solution would be to have two separate Spotify accounts.
(03-Mar-2021, 17:32)phancypants Wrote: Does anyone know if there is a way to restrict access to the phantom, or to 'lock' the current source to a single phone/computer? 

As others here have said there are no runtime access controls in any of the protocols Phantom supports.  For Bluetooth any device that is paired can stream at any time (pairing is initiated from the app running on any device that can "see" the speakers) and for the IP-based protocols (UPnP and RAAT) any device that can "see" the speakers can stream at any time.  There are no access controls at the Phantom end, either in the app or the web configuration interface.  The easiest solution is to configure a wifi network just for the Phantoms and then manage the access to that.