Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dCS Network Bridge
Indeed! ... this device is now out there and am looking for any user reviews ... 

Thanks in advance ..  Blush
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I'm seriously interested in this as well! Any reviews or comments are most welcomed!
We have finally received our new dCS Network Bridge.

The internal architecture of the Bridge is based on the excellent Stream 820 board from Stream Unlimited in Vienna. Stream 820 is a variant of the board used in Rossini, which has been further modified and enhanced by dCS.

Particular attention to detail has been paid to the power supply, helping to ensure ultra-low noise throughout the circuits. dCS have also been able to play with the Clocking in every effort to minimise jitter. This helps makes compatibility with third party D-A converters as wide as possible. The network Bridge is most definitely not just for existing dCS owners!

We connected the Network Bridge in our demo room yesterday and had music within 5 minutes. It is very simple to operate, almost plug and play.
Roon integration is fabulous. Initial sound quality impressed but further testing will be needed to find out what combinations work best.

Hope to add to this when we have had time to experiment.

Steve
Right now, if they sound as good as expected one of these looks great. It just doesn't make sense for me until we know what the streamer board will do!

At least there is a plan b if the streamer isn't great ?
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(03-Feb-2017, 13:18)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote: We have finally received our new dCS Network Bridge.

The internal architecture of the Bridge is based on the excellent Stream 820 board from Stream Unlimited in Vienna. Stream 820 is a variant of the board used in Rossini, which has been further modified and enhanced by dCS.

Particular attention to detail has been paid to the power supply, helping to ensure ultra-low noise throughout the circuits. dCS have also been able to play with the Clocking in every effort to minimise jitter. This helps makes compatibility with third party D-A converters as wide as possible. The network Bridge is most definitely not just for existing dCS owners!

We connected the Network Bridge in our demo room yesterday and had music within 5 minutes. It is very simple to operate, almost plug and play.
Roon integration is fabulous. Initial sound quality impressed but further testing will be needed to find out what combinations work best.

Hope to add to this when we have had time to experiment.

Steve

Hello Steve,

Many thanks for the update & also sharing some of the features of this NEW dCS toy !!

Indeed - I wish to integrate the dCS unit with Roon running off my Macbook Pro/Air and my Devialet 400. 

My choice of connections would be :

Macbook   - - >   dCS Network Bridge ... either Ethernet RJ45 OR USB ... preferably Ethernet. 

dCS Network Bridge   - - >   Devialet 400 ... definitely AES/EBU XLR (that the Devialet prefers the most as an input). 

NOTE : I have refrained from upgrading my D400 to D440 and wish to rather invest my funds in something more stellar like the dCS network bridge. 

However - I need to investigate and do my homework well before I take the plunge towards the dCS. 

Hoping to hear more from you soon ...

- Arup (aka Audio_Engr)
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Anyone tried the Network Bridge yet?

Steve: any more thoughts? Have you had a chance to experiment?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
have a chance to hear the network bridge at a local dealer finally! though it was only a quick visit, initial impression is positive. the unit doesn't have much hours on it yet so I'm looking forward to my next visit. if all goes well, will likely be broke for the next while...

the iOS app was my biggest concern initially but hands on experience tells me that the app is quick and robust
A short review:

http://www.audiostream.com/content/dcs-network-bridge
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(16-May-2017, 21:46)Confused Wrote: A short review:

does look awfully nice....!  

I'm sure quite a few D owners are questioning whether their over-long wait for the mythic "streamer" board should simply be jettisoned for this fine bit of kit.   I am.
(17-May-2017, 01:06)Wdw Wrote:
(16-May-2017, 21:46)Confused Wrote: A short review:

does look awfully nice....!  

I'm sure quite a few D owners are questioning whether their over-long wait for the mythic "streamer" board should simply be jettisoned for this fine bit of kit.   I am.

Will be interesting to see how this compares to the likes of Aurender N10 that Confused tested earlier. I know the top of the bill dCs trumped the Aurender, but they are way out of my league. I might be able to stretch to the Aurender sometime in the future, but always on a look out for a cheaper option bringing me at least N10 soundquality and ease of use. Did you listen to the bridge already yourself Confused?
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands