Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
dCS Network Bridge
(29-Sep-2017, 18:13)samsoum Wrote: Hi,
i ve just red the dcs network bridge review in the latest hifi + review,and it looks like the best digital network player out there!
I m really looking further to know how doest it compare to roon/air wich is stunning in my set up!

Review available here 

https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/wp-content/uplo..._Oct17.pdf
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Firmware updates stated to be released this month are now delayed, according to some information posted on the Computer Audiophile site.  Apparently some issues with MQA which is interesting as ROON has implied similar delays with their MQA integration.  Wonder what the MQA group is up to?
(09-Nov-2017, 19:36)Wdw Wrote: Firmware updates stated to be released this month are now delayed, according to some information posted on the Computer Audiophile site.  Apparently some issues with MQA which is interesting as ROON has implied similar delays with their MQA integration.  Wonder what the MQA group is up to?

MQA is up to trying to rip off dCS and, presumably, Roon as well. Apparently MQA want dCS to pay them a license fee for every unit sold, even if the user doesn't use MQA. dCS were happy to pay for MQA/Tidal users only, absorbing the cost, so presumably they didn't expect to have to pay much. Fisticuffs at dawn outside the Cambridge Arms.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(10-Nov-2017, 01:45)ssfas Wrote:
(09-Nov-2017, 19:36)Wdw Wrote: Firmware updates stated to be released this month are now delayed, according to some information posted on the Computer Audiophile site.  Apparently some issues with MQA which is interesting as ROON has implied similar delays with their MQA integration.  Wonder what the MQA group is up to?

MQA is up to trying to rip off dCS and, presumably, Roon as well. Apparently MQA want dCS to pay them a license fee for every unit sold, even if the user doesn't use MQA. dCS were happy to pay for MQA/Tidal users only, absorbing the cost, so presumably they didn't expect to have to pay much. Fisticuffs at dawn outside the Cambridge Arms.

Conjecture or something you have heard to be true?  B. Stuart is getting a fair bit of grief on the world wide wibble as of late, perhaps well deserved...dunno.
From the ROON Community dCS thread, November 12th is the new rumoured date for Rossini (and hopefully the Bridge) firmware update
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/dcs-ros...a/17987/29
(10-Nov-2017, 19:50)Wdw Wrote: From the ROON Community dCS thread, November 12th is the new rumoured date for Rossini (and hopefully the Bridge) firmware update
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/dcs-ros...a/17987/29

Well, this source is now equivocating.....sheesh!
apologies for asking this newbie question but can dCS Network bridge do PCM 24/192 using Roon (& the possibility of MQA if dCS adopts)

[img]<a href=[/img][Image: Document1.jpg]" />

Currently, the external hard drive is formatted for macOS with ALAC music files & wonder if Sonic Transporter i5 will seamlessly accept it ?

Also - can Mutec REF10 be used with dCS Network Bridge at a latter date ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(12-Nov-2017, 21:28)audio_engr Wrote: apologies for asking this newbie question but can dCS Network bridge do PCM 24/192 using Roon (& the possibility of MQA if dCS adopts)

Currently, the external hard drive is formatted for macOS with ALAC music files & wonder if Sonic Transporter i5 will seamlessly accept it ?

Hello Audio_eng,  Best wishes from Canada,
can only report on a ROON/Audirvana based system but these both immediately recognized the Bridge.  So assume the Sonic Transporter, if running ROON, will do the same.
Hear a clock is an upgrade but no personal experience in this.  The bridge is freely available to a home network...for example, never, ever, thought too much about Airplay in regards to my music system but it is easy and quite delightful to play a Saturday Morning podcast thru this system...not, in this case looking for sonic merit but just fun and warmth listening in the larger living room with a great cup of freshly ground, 192 degree, Aeropress Coffee....
(13-Nov-2017, 04:12)Wdw Wrote:
(12-Nov-2017, 21:28)audio_engr Wrote: apologies for asking this newbie question but can dCS Network bridge do PCM 24/192 using Roon (& the possibility of MQA if dCS adopts)

Hello Audio_eng,  Best wishes from Canada,
can only report on a ROON/Audirvana based system but these both immediately recognized the Bridge.  So assume the Sonic Transporter, if running ROON, will do the same.
Hear a clock is an upgrade but no personal experience in this.  The bridge is freely available to a home network...for example, never, ever, thought too much about Airplay in regards to my music system but it is easy and quite delightful to play a Saturday Morning podcast thru this system...not, in this case looking for sonic merit but just fun and warmth listening in the larger living room with a great cup of freshly ground, 192 degree, Aeropress Coffee....

Hi There,

Thanks a ton for your kind reply .. much appreciated !!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I had a Bridge for two weeks at home. Listening was done using Roon Server on a MacBook and network connection to Devialet/Bridge was though a pair of FMCs + Uptone JS-2 + Wireworld Platinum Starlight Cat8 cable to Devialet. AES cable to Devialet 400 was a Shunyata Anaconda Zitron.

To my years, in my room, Roon + AIR sounded better.
• Devialet 400 + Magico Q1