Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom breaks homepod connection
I have noticed that when I stream music from my Macbook to a homepod AND the phantom, the connection to the homepod constantly breaks down. 
I can include any other speaker with the homepod and it works fine but not with the phantom. 

Anyone having same problem?
(12-Jan-2020, 16:57)oldboy Wrote: I have noticed that when I stream music from my Macbook to a homepod AND the phantom, the connection to the homepod constantly breaks down. 
I can include any other speaker with the homepod and it works fine but not with the phantom. 

Anyone having same problem?

Phantom does not yet support Airplay 2, which is what I believe is required to support an AirPlay connect to multiple destinations at the same time. Perhaps your other speakers are AirPlay 2 compatible?
(13-Jan-2020, 00:34)interestedphantom Wrote: Phantom does not yet support Airplay 2, which is what I believe is required to support an AirPlay connect to multiple destinations at the same time. Perhaps your other speakers are AirPlay 2 compatible?

Nope, connecting to other non-airplay2 works fine.  Was actually working from a Mac before Airplay 2.  Airplay 2 just brought this functionality to ios devices but the Mac could do that before.