Devialet Chat
Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions (/Thread-Devialet-AIR-working-mostly-on-QNAP-virtual-server-and-a-few-questions)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - baddog - 28-Jan-2016

Merde indeed!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had about a week of bliss with my AIR setup, but then it all went to "merde"

And so I am back to Mac Mini and USB or Aries Mini and USB.

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - El_Duderino - 28-Jan-2016

(28-Jan-2016, 00:07)baddog Wrote: Merde indeed!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had about a week of bliss with my AIR setup, but then it all went to "merde"

Indeed.  Very unfortunate to hear of your troubles.  Merde to the max.  Borderline fraudulent on the part of Devialet to advertise a function which doesn't actually function.  I said as much in my recent email to Devialet support requesting Roonready integration.  

I, too, have had issues recently.  My setup was working seamlessly for all sampling rates below 96 kHz.  However, that changed over the past 48 hours with no changes made at all to my setup.  I now endure regular dropouts and Devialet Air disconnects if I try to play ANY high resolution files >44 kHz.  

I was about to pull the trigger on a NUC prior to reading these two most recent posts.  A little bit less sure about proceeding given these recent developments which serve to highlight the inherent instability of the AIR platform.  As far as the French -- they have never and likely will never be able to code anything worth a damn (among many other shortcomings).

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - Zappydev - 29-Jan-2016

(28-Jan-2016, 07:03)El_Duderino Wrote:
(28-Jan-2016, 00:07)baddog Wrote: Merde indeed!

Indeed.  Very unfortunate to hear of your troubles.  Merde to the max.  Borderline fraudulent on the part of Devialet to advertise a function which doesn't actually function.  I said as much in my recent email to Devialet support requesting Roonready integration.  

I, too, have had issues recently.  My setup was working seamlessly for all sampling rates below 96 kHz.  However, that changed over the past 48 hours with no changes made at all to my setup.  I now endure regular dropouts and Devialet Air disconnects if I try to play ANY high resolution files >44 kHz.  

I was about to pull the trigger on a NUC prior to reading these two most recent posts.  A little bit less sure about proceeding given these recent developments which serve to highlight the inherent instability of the AIR platform.  As far as the French -- they have never and likely will never be able to code anything worth a damn (among many other shortcomings).

Thanks to all for their commiserations  Big Grin Big Grin 

It doesn't really change anything, but not for the first time, I found that after about 90 minutes of reboots, the system again settled down, and has been playing for over 24 hours now without a glitch, including a lot of 96k and 192k material. Temperature ? Some buffer somewhere ? Fluke ? I have no idea.

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - hk6230 - 29-Jan-2016

More likely it is the buffering algorithm.

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - markush - 29-Jan-2016

Why don't you use JRiver on your QNAP NAS?
This has been released recently and provides the best audio performance. You are also able to play any (high res) format.

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - Zappydev - 29-Jan-2016

(29-Jan-2016, 03:17)hk6230 Wrote: More likely it is the buffering algorithm.

Hi Gary

I have the utmost respect for your experiences regarding the Roon/NUC/Dev AIR combo, and I am curious: do you regularly power down your system, or do you tend to leave it running ?

Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - hk6230 - 29-Jan-2016

I leave it running 24/7

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

(29-Jan-2016, 20:08)hk6230 Wrote: I leave it running 24/7

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks Gary - that seems to be one of the key requirements to keeping AIR happy Confused

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - Chris Marshall - 29-Jan-2016

Agreed, mine is pretty much rock solid as long as I don't turn it off!

RE: Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions - Axel - 30-Jan-2016

I have a very simple setup: A fan less QNAP HS251+ with two WD red 6TB drives raid 1 connected directly to my master with an Audioquest Forest USB cable. JRiver is installed on the NAS and is controlled remotely with an iPad. The sound quality is great and it is 100% reliable.