Devialet Chat
Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Classroom (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Classroom)
+--- Thread: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? (/Thread-Leaving-the-Devialet-on-all-the-time)

Pages: 1 2

Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - AaronG - 23-Apr-2015

I was thinking of configuring my 120 (although I'm frightened of reconfiguring!) to not go into standby/shut down after a half an hour of inactivity. It doesn't seem like the Devialet uses a lot of power when not playing music. Anyway, does anyone run it all the time?

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - Pim - 23-Apr-2015

I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - AaronG - 23-Apr-2015

That's what I was thinking -- off when I'm not using it daily. Thanks!

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - ogs - 23-Apr-2015

(23-Apr-2015, 12:49)AaronG Wrote: I was thinking of configuring my 120 (although I'm frightened of reconfiguring!) to not go into standby/shut down after a half an hour of inactivity. It doesn't seem like the Devialet uses a lot of power when not playing music. Anyway, does anyone run it all the time?

On my 250 (and D-Premier before that) I have disabled 'Sleep delay' and set the 'Low power delay' to max, i.e. 60 minutes. I disconnect the amp from power when I am away though. The amp never gets too warm, but I have mounted it on a wall (pic. here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=287&pid=3377#pid3377 ) I prefer to keep it on when I play music every day, but Devialet has done a good job reducing the warm-up time in the latest firmwares.

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - hk6230 - 24-Apr-2015

This I must try.

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - AaronG - 24-Apr-2015

Thanks ogs, done and much improved.

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - Axel - 25-Apr-2015

(23-Apr-2015, 13:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.

Hi Pim,

When leaving D on, do you have music playing through it to keep the DACs busy?

Al

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - Pim - 25-Apr-2015

(25-Apr-2015, 11:21)Axel Wrote:
(23-Apr-2015, 13:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I don't run it all the time because I'm not home all the time. I do however run it for 24 hours when I get back and it sounds very relaxed and open after that. I'm still not sure whether it's the Dev or Mac that makes the difference. I got the idea from Jim Smith's GBS book. He mentions to leave DACs on for 24 hours before auditioning.

Hi Pim,

When leaving D on, do you have music playing through it to keep the DACs busy?

Al

Yes Al I do.

Our house is only small and my bedroom door is only a few meters away but when I'm home alone (missus doesn't like music while she's trying to sleep) I play all night through at a low volume. As I said, I'm not even sure whether it's the D or the Mac (or both) that makes the difference but it definitely is there.

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - Ants - 03-May-2015

Thought I would give this a try as well. Created a new config file and disabled "low power delay" and "sleep delay" in the power settings.
So if I understand this thread correctly, using this configuration, the Devialet will be "on" all the time and it should make a difference/improve overall quality.

RE: Leaving the Devialet on all the time? - Pim - 03-May-2015

(03-May-2015, 02:25)Ants Wrote: Thought I would give this a try as well. Created a new config file and disabled "low power delay" and "sleep delay" in the power settings.
So if I understand this thread correctly, using this configuration, the Devialet will be "on" all the time and it should make a difference/improve overall quality.

I'm keeping mine playing music, not just leaving it on. I'm not sure if there's a difference with just leaving it on.