Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Pim - 09-May-2015

(09-May-2015, 12:25)hk6230 Wrote: I don't know. I can't even remember when & how I got it. It's a very old cable. I have been inspecting it for logo/branding/ whatever but no clues at all. And yes, like you, I search the web for the toslink cabling specs. The only thing I can think of it is a very thin cabling without much insulation. So, maybe the newer ones have jitter removal tech which auto-correct 192kHz signals and confused our Devialet.

It's just my wild guess.

Something you should know about optical fibre cable; The narrower the cable, the easier it is to keep the light going straight through instead of bouncing from wall to wall (resulting in delays that can result in jitter / loss of signal) 

Standard Toslink cable is 1mm thick (the fibre part) which is enormous for light (a bit like a 6 lane highway for a remote controlled toy car) For internet and telephone, the narrower they can make the cable, the more precise they can get the light through. Then there's also the option of deliberately bouncing the light at different angles so you can send different packages at the same time (in much the same way as antenna polarisation horizontally or vertically but much more precise and at more angles) As far as I know Toslink is a 'straight through' system.

So if your cable is thin that might well be the reason it is the only one that works. You might have a winner there. Keep it! Smile

Have you tried 192kHz with 7.1.1? It can't be just the cable that made it work surely?

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - hk6230 - 09-May-2015

(09-May-2015, 12:52)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 12:25)hk6230 Wrote: I don't know. I can't even remember when & how I got it. It's a very old cable. I have been inspecting it for logo/branding/ whatever but no clues at all. And yes, like you, I search the web for the toslink cabling specs. The only thing I can think of it is a very thin cabling without much insulation. So, maybe the newer ones have jitter removal tech which auto-correct 192kHz signals and confused our Devialet.

It's just my wild guess.

Something you should know about optical fibre cable; The narrower the cable, the easier it is to keep the light going straight through instead of bouncing from wall to wall (resulting in delays that can result in jitter / loss of signal) 

Standard Toslink cable is 1mm thick (the fibre part) which is enormous for light (a bit like a 6 lane highway for a remote controlled toy car) For internet and telephone, the narrower they can make the cable, the more precise they can get the light through. Then there's also the option of deliberately bouncing the light at different angles so you can send different packages at the same time (in much the same way as antenna polarisation horizontally or vertically but much more precise and at more angles) As far as I know Toslink is a 'straight through' system.

So if your cable is thin that might well be the reason it is the only one that works. You might have a winner there. Keep it! Smile

Have you tried 192kHz with 7.1.1? It can't be just the cable that made it work surely?

No, I had tried in on 7.1.1 before and it doesn't work. That's when I asked Devialet support on this matter and they told me that optical input can only accept 24/96 signals.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vivialet - 10-May-2015

is it possible that the new beta release contains something like SAM 2 ? That could explain different results with different speakers.
I can't believe that the sonic improvement is only related to some PS optimization. But a SAM 2 that corrects more than SAM 1 would explain what I hear...
I can't really judge if there are any improvements without using SAM as I have only listened with SAM for more than 6 month now.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Eddye - 10-May-2015

Since Devialet hasn't published a changelog your guess is as good as anyone's...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - hk6230 - 10-May-2015

From Whathifi.com:
"Meanwhile over on the Devialet stand you will be able to clap eyes on the gorgeous looking Phantom wireless speaker we saw at the Bristol Show back in February. The company will also be introducing the 8.0 firmware update for its Expert range."

So, 8.0 is confirmed for Expert line.

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 10-May-2015

(10-May-2015, 10:54)hk6230 Wrote: From Whathifi.com:
"Meanwhile over on the Devialet stand you will be able to clap eyes on the gorgeous looking Phantom wireless speaker we saw at the Bristol Show back in February. The company will also be introducing the 8.0 firmware update for its Expert range."

So, 8.0 is confirmed for Expert line.

That's what WhatHiFi claims. It ain't confirmed until Deviate officially announces it.

Additionally 7.1.3 or 8.0 are just numbers, what really matters is what improvements and / or additional functionality they will bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Atomjohan - 10-May-2015

(09-May-2015, 05:42)Jnan_devi Wrote: wanted to check with you folks on this one? : I inserted the SD card with 7.1.3 firmware with 17 files in it. Once the system fully upgraded, I removed the SD card to remove all the files to copy the Configuration file. I could see only 15 files in the SD. does this mean couple of them got copied into Devialet?

Is this common

Thank you for pointing this out!

I upgraded my Master first and then directly inserting the SD-card into the Companion. The Companion upgrade was much faster and this concerned me a bit. No wonder if there was missing files.
Reinstalling it and now it looks right concerning the time for upgrade Smile

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Dougiet - 10-May-2015

My first post here on this, amazing forum:-) I've discovered a wealth of information here,  so a big thanks to everyone here for their support on this community.
After updating my firmware to 7.3, I too noticed that only 15 files were left from the original 17. Next update (maybe next week) I'll make sure to lock the SD card beforehand, just to be on the safe side.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Confused - 10-May-2015

(10-May-2015, 11:56)Dougiet Wrote: My first post here on this, amazing forum:-) I've discovered a wealth of information here,  so a big thanks to everyone here for their support on this community.
After updating my firmware to 7.3, I too noticed that only 15 files were left from the original 17. Next update (maybe next week) I'll make sure to lock the SD card beforehand, just to be on the safe side.

This is very strange.  Can anyone explain why the Devialet would delete files from the SD card?  For dual mono users, if you didn't notice or lock the SD card, what gets loaded onto the companion amp if you use the SD after loading the firmware onto the master?

Obviously locking the SD card mitigates the issue, but I'm puzzled nonetheless, and I bet a few dual mono users have loaded the beta firmware without locking the SD card.  Curious!

New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - amabrok - 10-May-2015

(10-May-2015, 12:50)Confused Wrote:
(10-May-2015, 11:56)Dougiet Wrote: My first post here on this, amazing forum:-) I've discovered a wealth of information here,  so a big thanks to everyone here for their support on this community.

This is very strange.  Can anyone explain why the Devialet would delete files from the SD card?  For dual mono users, if you didn't notice or lock the SD card, what gets loaded onto the companion amp if you use the SD after loading the firmware onto the master?

Obviously locking the SD card mitigates the issue, but I'm puzzled nonetheless, and I bet a few dual mono users have loaded the beta firmware without locking the SD card.  Curious!

It is very odd. There is no need for the the D unit to delete files from the SD card! And the fact that it is useless,those who write protect their SD cards still get a successful upgrade without the deletion of the two files.

I guess it is one additional mystery to be added to the list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk