Devialet Chat
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released (/Thread-New-beta-firmware-7-1-3-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - ogs - 10-May-2015

(10-May-2015, 13:01)amabrok Wrote:
(10-May-2015, 12:50)Confused Wrote:
(10-May-2015, 11:56)Dougiet Wrote: My first post here on this, amazing forum:-) I've discovered a wealth of information here,  so a big thanks to everyone here for their support on this community.
After updating my firmware to 7.3, I too noticed that only 15 files were left from the original 17. Next update (maybe next week) I'll make sure to lock the SD card beforehand, just to be on the safe side.

This is very strange.  Can anyone explain why the Devialet would delete files from the SD card?  For dual mono users, if you didn't notice or lock the SD card, what gets loaded onto the companion amp if you use the SD after loading the firmware onto the master?

Obviously locking the SD card mitigates the issue, but I'm puzzled nonetheless, and I bet a few dual mono users have loaded the beta firmware without locking the SD card.  Curious!

It is very odd. There is no need for the the D unit to delete files from the SD card! And the fact that it is useless,those who write protect their SD cards still get a successful upgrade without the deletion of the two files.

I guess it is one additional mystery to be added to the list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At some point Devialet said that one should lock the SD card if using it for more than one unit to keep a complete set of files. I believe this was on their support web, but it is not there any more.
As I said in post 161, write protect your SD Card and you are good. I do not know why the upgrade process removes files from the SD Card. Strange as you do not get any sort of error messages when the card is locked.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - AaronG - 10-May-2015

Just upgraded. Upper frequencies sound much more realistic and generally sound is more cohesive. Wife thought it was very notable. Gave it the Brutalga Square test for bells -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcvssPufnoI.
There does appear to be more sibiliance though, or at least I'm noticing it more.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - f1eng - 10-May-2015

(10-May-2015, 12:50)Confused Wrote:
(10-May-2015, 11:56)Dougiet Wrote: My first post here on this, amazing forum:-) I've discovered a wealth of information here,  so a big thanks to everyone here for their support on this community.
After updating my firmware to 7.3, I too noticed that only 15 files were left from the original 17. Next update (maybe next week) I'll make sure to lock the SD card beforehand, just to be on the safe side.

This is very strange.  Can anyone explain why the Devialet would delete files from the SD card?  For dual mono users, if you didn't notice or lock the SD card, what gets loaded onto the companion amp if you use the SD after loading the firmware onto the master?

Obviously locking the SD card mitigates the issue, but I'm puzzled nonetheless, and I bet a few dual mono users have loaded the beta firmware without locking the SD card.  Curious!

From the original D-Premier updates (which were sent by e-mail before the configurator and files being available on the internet) something happened to the files on the SD card during firmware update, no idea why. OTOH the update failed if one tried it on the second D-Premier, one had to lock the card to successfully update both units.
It seems a bit of a "negative improvement" for a Devialet to be able to update itself when not all the files are there.
Maybe related to why some people have a problem with dual monos????

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Vivialet - 10-May-2015

I have not checked the files on my SD c ard, but I have also observed that the update of the slave with the same card that I have used to update the master was considerably faster. I have then copied the files again and updated again. The second update took the usual time.
But the slave reported a successful upgrade and also shows 7.1.3 as firmware in the status screen. Good to know...

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - AaronG - 10-May-2015

I'm starting to think that this is a blind test experiment on the part of Devialet, to see how we interpret the changes on our various systems.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Antoine - 11-May-2015

The reason behind the deleting of files is obvious, it's done to prevent the unit from updating itself at every cold boot. If one leaves the SD card with the config file on it you can simply leave the card in after the update: no need to delete the firmware upgrade files. It's more fool proof this way.

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - alphafox - 11-May-2015

Well, I had a chat with a guy from Devialet at La Maison last Saturday who told me 7.1.3 is only about internal optimization, mainly on power consumption. The real thing should come at Munich with 8.0. I read thru the lines that SAM 2.0 should be part of the improvement, especially with the Atohm GT1 speakers. However, we should not expect any integration with Dialog/Spark until the end of the year :/

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Eddye - 11-May-2015

Just a few more nights....

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Mikeeo - 11-May-2015

Yeeaah, 4 nights and then I'll be there at opening time/M

RE: New beta firmware 7.1.3 released - Mikeeo - 11-May-2015

Any updates about our get together in Munich with regards to meeting time and place, evening dinner etc?

/Mike