Devialet Chat
Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp (/Thread-Help-How-to-use-a-D250-as-ONLY-a-Preamp)

Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Caligari - 10-May-2015

I have the digital output assigned as a preout but only get loud white noise. Is there another setting? Trying to test an external amp and don't have another preamp in the house.

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Kunter - 10-May-2015

I am currently using a single D250 as pre. Just set the outputs from the configurator. No further settings required.
And the performance as dac/pre is really good

Just make sure you have plugged your cables to the correct terminal.

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Caligari - 10-May-2015

(10-May-2015, 20:23)Kunter Wrote: I am currently using a single D250 as pre. Just set the outputs from the configurator. No further settings required.
And the performance as dac/pre is really good

Just make sure you have plugged your cables to the correct terminal.

Exactly what I've done. configured the digital out 1 AND 2 beside the aes SOCKET AS PREOUT AND GET NOTHING BUT WHITE NOISE. eVEN TRIED TURNING THE SPEAKERS OFF. dOES THE PREOUT OPTION IN THE SPEAKERS CONFIGURATION DO ANYTHING?

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - thumb5 - 10-May-2015

The pre-out option in the speaker section of the configurator allows you to configure different filter options for the main speaker outputs depending on whether the pre-out is enabled or disabled. For example, when the pre-out is used to drive a sub, you can high-pass filter the speaker output when the pre-out is enabled, but have full-range output to the speakers when the pre-out is disabled. This is helpful when the pre-out is enabled or disabled by a button on the remote control.

In short, this part of the speaker configuration in itself shouldn't affect what the pre-out is doing.

Going to have to give up there's horrible white, pink or brown noise that doesn't change with the volume. Music can be heard but is obviously unlistenable.

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - thumb5 - 10-May-2015

Strange. Are you sure the amplifier itself is working OK? Are the interconnects known to be good?

Yep swapped in a preamp and no issues at all.

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Pim - 11-May-2015

It's not just that your config hasn't taken and they still work as digital inputs? Try a config with a different name so you can at least see the config has taken effect. I've got mine connected through to a little midi set in the garage and it worked fine from the word go. (as a no-volume change output)

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Caligari - 11-May-2015

Yep tried a number of different configs. No joy.

RE: Help! How to use a D250 as ONLY a Preamp - Music or sound - 11-May-2015

I am using the exclusively the preout function (in my case filtered low pass) and have no problem. All inputs must be set to allow preout. Did you dedicate preout on/off on your remote (I do not)? I previous firmware versions the preout only worked after the SD-card was inserted and the amp switched off and on again.