Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ants - 14-May-2015

Updated to v.8.0, no issues. Using the same config file I was using prior to the update but edited the file and enabled the DPM Dynamic Power Management feature.
Looking forward to trying a few DSD files as well.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ants - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 16:51)scb Wrote: what's the deal with the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode? Do you have to enable it somewhere? What exactly is it?

Was going to ask the same question. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

I tried SAM on/off. At first I found the difference marginal but definitely a clearer bass with SAM on so I'm pretty sure it's working. I'm wondering if the differences are slightly less noticeable. I found SAM 1 originally seemed to over-emphasise the bass a bit but it seems more linear across the frequency range now.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - theaudioguru - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 16:57)Ants Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:51)scb Wrote: what's the deal with the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode? Do you have to enable it somewhere? What exactly is it?

I downloaded the files again, partially solved my problem but sources in the companion don't play?
Anyone else having this problem with the mono setup? I have informed Devialet.

Theaudioguru

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Sylvain27 - 14-May-2015

You can program a button of the remote to use it. I don't know what it does exaxctly!

RE: Firmware 8.0 - KraaijCheck - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 17:09)Sylvain27 Wrote:

You can program a button of the remote to use it. I don't know what it does exaxctly!

When you don't program a button for ICM or RAM, is it on or of?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - moreno1973 - 14-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 16:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Guillaume

And what about sound? 

For me the sound is not so dynamic as with 7.1.3. beta. 

Now with 8.0 I need to listen with -20dB jazz music with 7.1.3 it was ok with -25 or even -30dB.

Sound with 8.0 seems smoother. No any edgy high tones.

As someone said now sound seems more linear. 

I have SAM on but only 20%. 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - octaviars - 14-May-2015

RAM is only all the settings of the phono input. Nothing is on or off, if you have a button assigned on the remote you can access all the settings of the phono input directly without changing the configuration on the SD card.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rufus McDufus - 14-May-2015

I'm finding the high frequency detail amazing. Really enjoying it. I can imagine some people might find it a bit bright. If it's full-range SAM giving the extra detail then I guess it'll be speaker dependent.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - strummer - 14-May-2015

Sorry if this is a dumb question.....

I've downloaded v8.0, how do I get it onto my D250?

Do I just copy all the files onto my SD Card?