Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - miro - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 00:41)completeluxury Wrote: is anyone having trouble getting the firmware to update?

i downloaded 8.0 off the website, copied it to the root directory of the cards but ive turned the amps on and off several times and it just doesnt want to update.

Copy the unzipped files (there should be 17 of them) onto an SD card. Put the card into the D, and hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until the screen changes.  Let the update run (you can see a progress report in the display). When the update is finished, replace the card with your configuration on, and you're good to go.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - MusicFirst - 15-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 20:02)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 19:45)Vivialet Wrote: SAM has been changed quite a lot for me. With the old firmware I could turn it to max. 50%. Now with 8.0 I can turn it to 100%. The change is much more subtle than before. The values in the configuration file have not changed, but the effect is very different. Tomorrow I will do some measurements.

And what are Your impressions about 8.0 low tones? 

IMO they are firmer. There is no boom-box effect with 100% SAM ON as before.
Foy my system and room I find the new SAM has reduced the bottom end response.  With my D400s and Jamo R909s, I was running SAM 1 at 100% and had, to my ears excellent extension and detail, with perhaps the slightest 'boom'.  Now I find the bottom octave response lacking.  To me, I would rather have a SAM that I had to dial back a little in order to achieve a flat response.

Another thing I noticed today was that when I increased the volume from -10db to +5db (concert levels), I got the sense of the system dialing itself back in terms of sonic impact.  I don't know if this was due to the speaker driver protection algorithm in SAM; the new dynamic power management or something else.

Kerry 

(15-May-2015, 00:48)miro Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 00:41)completeluxury Wrote: is anyone having trouble getting the firmware to update?

i downloaded 8.0 off the website, copied it to the root directory of the cards but ive turned the amps on and off several times and it just doesnt want to update.

Copy the unzipped files (there should be 17 of them) onto an SD card. Put the card into the D, and hold the power button down for about 5 seconds until the screen changes.  Let the update run (you can see a progress report in the display). When the update is finished, replace the card with your configuration on, and you're good to go.
I have found the button hold function on both my master and slave can be a little flakey.  If you have access to the A/C plug, unplugging and waiting for 5 seconds then replugging is foolproof.

Kerry

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ants - 15-May-2015

Activated the ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode on the remote via the configurator. There is a difference when on/off. Kind of acts likes a loudness button and offers some wider soundstage. I do not need to turn up the volume as much. Tried watching some TV and a few minutes of a movie on Netflix via my Apple TV - both are connected via Toslink.

Tried it while streaming, streamer is connected via coaxial in one of the digital inputs and the reverse happens ! Turning it on reduces the loudness !

If anyone else is willing to try, would like to know if you can replicate the same results.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - agentsmith - 15-May-2015

Ants do you mean via the remote or the configirator? How do i turn up icm mode?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Ants - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 01:12)agentsmith Wrote: Ants do you mean via the remote or the configirator?  How do i turn up icm mode?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

You assign a button on the remote via the online configurator. Once you've uploaded the config file to the Devialet, you can then use the assigned button to activate/deactivate ICM.

Has anyone been able to find a link to the support/knowledge base on the new website?

Kerry

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Axel - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 03:55)MusicFirst Wrote: Has anyone been able to find a link to the support/knowledge base on the new website?

Kerry

Is this what you're looking for?

https://help.devialet.com/home

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Sylvain27 - 15-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 17:42)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 17:30)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I'm finding the high frequency detail amazing. Really enjoying it. I can imagine some people might find it a bit bright. If it's full-range SAM giving the extra detail then I guess it'll be speaker dependent.

For me highs were always the best ones in Devialet. Now they are just smoother (in my system).

What is the easiest way to play DSD file using laptop with Windows? Foobar supports DSD?

As I told you in a previous message, I'm using Jplay6 with Jplaystreamer, MinimServer and Kazoo, but Jplaystreamer only works with Windows 8, 8.1 and server 2012.
With Windows 7, you can use JRiver.
  Best regards,
Sylvain

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Sylvain27 - 15-May-2015

(14-May-2015, 22:10)Pascal Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 20:41)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 20:22)miro Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 17:23)moreno1973 Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 16:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: I've just installed 8.0 and a new config file on both my devices. I have to say that was the most trouble-free experience I've ever had with these updates. 

Guillaume

Where do you select the % for SAM?

You need to push TONE button four times then (when SAM is ON) You see SAM circle on display and rotate the remote wheel...

I'm having trouble to find this setting too. Sam is enabled and the tone button is set to the tone function. When I press it, it goes from, balance to bass, to treble. On the fourth push it goes back to balance... Am I doing something wrong here?
If you use the tone button as SAM ON/OFF, you need a long press on this button. You will see balance and when you press it again, bass, treble an then SAM. A long press again to exit.