Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Akk_fin - 15-May-2015

I mean that 120W is not enough (anymore)
If so that new PM is not suitable for D120 ?
Hardly you speakers have failed.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ismarketing - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 16:48)flyer Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 12:51)Antoine Wrote: Not much info on DPM indeed but of course it's partly marketing speak for something they've been doing from the beginning, optimizing the software/firmware controlling the power supply. The nice thing for DPM specifically is that we can experiment enabling or disabling it, audiophile heaven. Wink People visiting Munchen could challenge a Devialet engineer about it.

"The presence of multiple processors in each product makes it possible to add new regular functionalities, thus enabling Devialet to innovate constantly.

Devialet has adopted a rather atypical approach — the key functions, such as power conversion within the main power supply or the management of the ADH amplification cores, are also software controlled. By improving the power supply software, we improve energy conversion in terms of its efficiency and response time. By improving the ADH core management software, sound reproduction quality is further improved."

(15-May-2015, 16:31)ismarketing Wrote: Lets put aside how happy or not anyone is with the update for 120 owners.

Can someone (maybe a dealer?) confirm what functionality is or is not missing in the 8.0 update for 120 owners?

Look here:
http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/shows-events/high-end-2015-munich-germany/184-high-end-2015-features/570-the-devialet-revolution-a-conversation-with-co-founder-pierre-emmanuel-calmel?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

it says:
Record Active Matching (RAM), Devialet has enabled their entire line of amps (except for the 120) to adjust multiple phono-stage parameters in real-time, including EQ curves and cartridge sensitivity.

Thanks Flyer for the clarity around phono.  I'm keenly interested to know if the other updates (SAM2, power management, and the home theater reproduction thing) are or are not available on the 120?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 16:53)ismarketing Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 12:51)Antoine Wrote: Not much info on DPM indeed but of course it's partly marketing speak for something they've been doing from the beginning, optimizing the software/firmware controlling the power supply. The nice thing for DPM specifically is that we can experiment enabling or disabling it, audiophile heaven. Wink People visiting Munchen could challenge a Devialet engineer about it.

"The presence of multiple processors in each product makes it possible to add new regular functionalities, thus enabling Devialet to innovate constantly.

Devialet has adopted a rather atypical approach — the key functions, such as power conversion within the main power supply or the management of the ADH amplification cores, are also software controlled. By improving the power supply software, we improve energy conversion in terms of its efficiency and response time. By improving the ADH core management software, sound reproduction quality is further improved."

(15-May-2015, 16:31)ismarketing Wrote: Lets put aside how happy or not anyone is with the update for 120 owners.

Can someone (maybe a dealer?) confirm what functionality is or is not missing in the 8.0 update for 120 owners?

Look here:
http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.php/shows-events/high-end-2015-munich-germany/184-high-end-2015-features/570-the-devialet-revolution-a-conversation-with-co-founder-pierre-emmanuel-calmel?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

it says:
Record Active Matching (RAM), Devialet has enabled their entire line of amps (except for the 120) to adjust multiple phono-stage parameters in real-time, including EQ curves and cartridge sensitivity.

Thanks Flyer for the clarity around phono.  I'm keenly interested to know if the other updates (SAM2, power management, and the home theater reproduction thing) are or are not available on the 120?

All are available expect RAM

RE: Firmware 8.0 - AaronG - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 16:53)ismarketing Wrote:

Look here:

it says:

I'm not sure the article is accurate. As I said I don't have a turntable. But somewhere on this thread someone with a 120 claimed to have used the phono features (I think). And when I go into my configurator it allows me to use RAM -- or it appears to. Now I haven't tried it but it certainly lets me set those things on the 120.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - iamwappie - 15-May-2015

Yesterday had a long listening session experimenting with the new SAM. In the end I ended liking SAM off more because it gave more clarity especially in (female) voices. Even with SAM at 0% there is a noticeable difference in the sense that it is a little bit smoother but not to my preference which of course is purely personal. I do miss a bit of the bass control but I don't have anything to complain in that area with the tempo 25 speakers and current acoustic conditions.

Overall 8.0.0 is an improvement. More clarity and sound stage.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Axel - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 12:50)spocksbrother Wrote: D200 using SAM with a pair of KEF LS 50's in a near field system. I had no choice but to downgrade back to 7.1.1 — After the 8.0 upgrade power was down, dynamics were crushed, there were strange power management issues with literally volume changing on its own. Maybe it was just a glitch with my unit, not sure, but I prefer to wait for some updates to 8.0 and additional comments from more users and from Devialet. Unfortunately I did not save the old SAM/Config file so now I have SAM V2 with 7.1.1, not great...

Hi,

Welcome to Devialet Chat and congratulations on your great system!
Why don't you download and install the upgrade again? It might have been a dodgy download that corrupted the file. 

Cheers,

Al

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ICarrascosa - 15-May-2015

Good afternoon,

I just installed the update.

JRiver I have the player, if selected in the output options.

1) None
2) Dolby Digital
3) DSD in dop format
4) 2xDSD one dop format

If I select DSD, when I hear the music I hear interference or continuous breath.

If I have nothing, I hear nothing.

To always listen DSD highest quality even as I have to do with JRiver, if anyone can make a mini tutorial, I would appreciate.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - andrew1212 - 15-May-2015

I was told in Munnich that the 120 has all the new features.. (not by an engineer, but by a hostess..)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - LBameule - 15-May-2015

Guys, one quick question to make to the Devialet people in Münich: Does DSD work on Ethernet?

When I first read the news relase detailing all the new features, it said "all digital inputs". Ethernet is digital, isn't it? Now, looking at the photos posted in that Chinese site referenced above, there's one in which MAT is explained and on the right screen it says the same, "all digital inputs" but adds "(USB, toslink)". Therefore, I must assume that DSD will not be supported if your connection is Ethernet, musn't I? So, what's the case?

My case may not be typical because I use AIR-Eth, straight from the computer to the Dev, no routers/hubs/whatever in the middle. It's been working fine so far but yesterday I upgraded to FW8 and tried to play some DSD files and couldn't... I decided to set aside more time to explore whether any of my setting could be wrong, but then I saw this...

Thanks, enjoy!

L

RE: Firmware 8.0 - baconbrain - 15-May-2015

Just installed the 8.0 Firmware and ICM is exactly what I have been looking for since I scrapped my surround receiver. I have programmed the mute button on the remote to toggle between ICM on and off. Everything seems to be working great, but the possibility to vary the level of SAM on the balance controls is now "missing"? Confused

Any idea how I can get it back?

Thx for your help.