Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 20:09)baconbrain Wrote: Just installed the 8.0 Firmware and ICM is exactly what I have been looking for since I scrapped my surround receiver. I have programmed the mute button on the remote to toggle between ICM on and off. Everything seems to be working great, but the possibility to vary the level of SAM on the balance controls is now "missing"? Confused

Any idea how I can get it back?

Thx for your help.   

You have to program 1 of the button for SAM On/Off.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 19:56)LBameule Wrote: Guys, one quick question to make to the Devialet people in Münich: Does DSD work on Ethernet?

When I first read the news relase detailing all the new features, it said "all digital inputs". Ethernet is digital, isn't it? Now, looking at the photos posted in that Chinese site referenced above, there's one in which MAT is explained and on the right screen it says the same, "all digital inputs" but adds "(USB, toslink)". Therefore, I must assume that DSD will not be supported if your connection is Ethernet, musn't I? So, what's the case?

My case may not be typical because I use AIR-Eth, straight from the computer to the Dev, no routers/hubs/whatever in the middle. It's been working fine so far but yesterday I upgraded to FW8 and tried to play some DSD files and couldn't... I decided to set aside more time to explore whether any of my setting could be wrong, but then I saw this...

Thanks, enjoy!

L

This is written about it in the annoucnement on devialets website:

"DSD64 (DSD 1x) is now supported on USB and every high speed PCM digital input, through DoP v1.0 (DSD over PCM)"

Ethernet is not a PCM input, so no support. Devialet would have to make changes to the AIR software/driver first, if it is possible at all but I can't see why not.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - LBameule - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 20:31)Antoine Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 19:56)LBameule Wrote: Guys, one quick question to make to the Devialet people in Münich: Does DSD work on Ethernet?

When I first read the news relase detailing all the new features, it said "all digital inputs". Ethernet is digital, isn't it? Now, looking at the photos posted in that Chinese site referenced above, there's one in which MAT is explained and on the right screen it says the same, "all digital inputs" but adds "(USB, toslink)". Therefore, I must assume that DSD will not be supported if your connection is Ethernet, musn't I? So, what's the case?

My case may not be typical because I use AIR-Eth, straight from the computer to the Dev, no routers/hubs/whatever in the middle. It's been working fine so far but yesterday I upgraded to FW8 and tried to play some DSD files and couldn't... I decided to set aside more time to explore whether any of my setting could be wrong, but then I saw this...

Thanks, enjoy!

L

"DSD64 (DSD 1x) is now supported on USB and every high speed PCM digital input, through DoP v1.0 (DSD over PCM)"

Ethernet is not a PCM input, so no support. Devialet would have to make changes to the AIR software/driver first, if it is possible at all but I can't see why not.

Thanks, Antoine. It certainly looks so... Strange, because I play PCM at various rates and bit depths without a hitch through Ethernet, this shouldn't be that different.

If playing DSD over USB or toslink didn't require a change in AIR, I don't see why Ethernet should... Undecided

Anyway, I'll try a USB connection and compare. Thanks again!

L

RE: Firmware 8.0 - baconbrain - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 20:11)Eddye Wrote: You have to program 1 of the button for SAM On/Off.

Thanks. Looks like I am running short on buttons. Can I assume that SAM is running at 100% when I do not have one button programmed for SAM on/off?

(15-May-2015, 20:36)LBameule Wrote:

Thanks, enjoy!

L

Thanks, Antoine. It certainly looks so... Strange, because I play PCM at various rates and bit depths without a hitch through Ethernet, this shouldn't be that different.

If playing DSD over USB or toslink didn't require a change in AIR, I don't see why Ethernet should... Undecided

L

AIR is Devialet's own proprietary wifi/ethernet streaming solution. It is not used in/for USB (it uses XMOS's implementation of the USB 2.0 audio standard), or toslink (S/PDIF standard).

RE: Firmware 8.0 - LBameule - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 20:57)Antoine Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 20:36)LBameule Wrote:

Thanks, enjoy!

L

L

AIR is Devialet's own proprietary wifi/ethernet streaming solution. It is not used in/for USB (it uses XMOS's implementation of the USB 2.0 audio standard), or toslink (S/PDIF standard).

Aaaaahhhhh... You learn something every day. Thank you very much, Antoine, this clears things up a lot. (y)

Cheers!

L

No problem! Smile

NB. More about DoP: http://dsd-guide.com/dop-open-standard

RE: Firmware 8.0 - victornba - 15-May-2015

My 250 is running fw8.0, updated it yesterday. Very happy with sound results and new features added.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Eddye - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 20:56)baconbrain Wrote: Thanks. Looks like I am running short on buttons. Can I assume that SAM is running at 100% when I do not have one button programmed for SAM on/off?

I think so. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems logical.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - canyelles - 15-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 21:50)Eddye Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 20:56)baconbrain Wrote: Thanks. Looks like I am running short on buttons. Can I assume that SAM is running at 100% when I do not have one button programmed for SAM on/off?

I think so. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems logical.

I would imagine that if you previously had a SAM button and set the % to some intermediate value, then you still have that % when you remove the SAM button.