Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - NickB - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 15:44)Mikeeo Wrote: Any one out there (D400 or D800) please tell me from start to finish how to get my system in 8.0.0 and after that use the new configurator. 
What pitfalls should I avoid to make things work?

Is it possible to have RAM, ICM and SAM at the same time an utilize its functions fully? When I configured the last times under 8.0.0 (only had one channel playing) I noticed if choosing RAM I could not adjust SAM % and where do I utilize ICM? Or do I ask to much of this despite that all functions to me is equally important!?

Best/Mike

Mine just worked but I have no interest in switching SAM on and off or varying the amount - it just works is fine. I just set it up then made a new set of configs and plugged it in and the system sounds fantastic, more detail more space more everything.

Firmware 8.0 - philoouu - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 15:57)Vivialet Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 15:44)Mikeeo Wrote: Any one out there (D400 or D800) please tell me from start to finish how to get my system in 8.0.0 and after that use the new configurator. 

Is it possible to have RAM, ICM and SAM at the same time an utilize its functions fully? When I configured the last times under 8.0.0 (only had one channel playing) I noticed if choosing RAM I could not adjust SAM % and where do I utilize ICM? Or do I ask to much of this despite that all functions to me is equally important!?

Best/Mike

the question is if you really need to have SAM available on a remote button. I have it activated with 100% and could now use the button for something else, no need to switch SAM on or off. 

What about ICM ? It needs to be put in a button otherwise it cannot be used.
What about subsonic filter ? Should it be on or off ?

thanks
Philoouu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 14:27)G51 Wrote: Hello, Antonine. So have you tried plug the Devialet to wall socket direct before?

Nope, not since I own the P3.

Firmware 8.0 - milk_vanilla - 18-May-2015

I rolled back to 7.1.3., v8 make everything smoother and i missed the bass, i felt 7.1.3 is more airy and holographic on my system. I'll wait more revision and future feedback

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Antoine - 18-May-2015

Do/did you guys not happy with SQ try 8.0 with DPM disabled first?

(Edit: I'm still forming my own opinion on SQ at the moment)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Floyd67 - 18-May-2015

I have just rolled back to 7.1.3 and it is imho it's a much warmer and therefore to my ears a much easier listen and for me personally that's what matters. Is it better? Probably not to everyones taste.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Vivialet - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 16:42)Antoine Wrote: Do/did you guys not happy with SQ try 8.0 with DPM disabled first?

(Edit: I'm still forming my own opinion on SQ at the moment)

I have tried to switch DPM off. I think it sounds better, but I'm not yet 100% sure. Temps are again 5° higher, but it feels like more power. Needs more listening.

btw., I have to revert my initial impression about ICM. For movies and TV it really works. Bad thing is that ICM cannot be assigned to each input. It would be good to have a default setting for every input which then could be changed if I want.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Confused - 18-May-2015

I haven't tried V8 yet, but it looks like when I do there are a number of options I need to try, various remote settings, DPM on or off etc. One question, for those that have tried, particularly dual mono users, is the configurator now working as it should and bug free? I simply can't face trying various options with a buggy configurator! I haven't seen any reports of the latest configurator having the old bugs, so I'm optimistic. Is it fixed?

RE: Firmware 8.0 - PhilP - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 20:45)Confused Wrote: I haven't tried V8 yet, but it looks like when I do there are a number of options I need to try, various remote settings, DPM on or off etc.  One question, for those that have tried, particularly dual mono users, is the configurator now working as it should and bug free?  I simply can't face trying various options with a buggy configurator!  I haven't seen any reports of the latest configurator having the old bugs, so I'm optimistic.  Is it fixed?

I'm only a 200 user but had no problems whatsoever installing V8 or creating and installing a new configuration. I use Safari on an iMac to access the Configurateur.

I'm not totally happy with the sound of V8 though... Whilst it definitely sounds more open and airy than 7.1.1 this is occasionally accompanied by some harshness noticeable on vocals. It may of course be that the Devialet is revealing issues with my digital sources.

EDIT: Had a good late night session and compared iMac/iTunes/AIR wi-fi and Naim NDX/co-ax with V8 firmware. It was clear using both sources that V8 is more open, airy and the mid-range apparently more-forward than V7.1.1

The increased brightness of V8 in combination with the brightness of iTunes/AIR is perhaps a bit over the top for me - distracting increased hiss on old recordings, too much 'ambience', occasional 'edge' to female vocals and an overall leanness to the sound - not sure I like it though I guess I might get used to it ?

Music played via the NDX was rather better balanced tonally and was generally very pleasing, engaging and easy to listen to i.e. not so distracting in the higher registers. What really impressed me was that further detail was revealed on some tracks that I thought I knew very well and this gave further insight into the musicians interpretation of the music and their individual playing styles - fascinating Smile

RE: Firmware 8.0 - miro - 18-May-2015

Best/Mike

I only had my left channel playing up to the second attempt to update.

Somehow the power switch of my slave unit was flakey, and pressing it for 5 seconds did not do the trick.

I ended up disconnecting the power cord for 10 seconds, and connecting it again, which triggered the successful update of the firmware.

Then things worked fine.

I like 8.0!