Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.0 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.0 (/Thread-Firmware-8-0)

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Saint0 - 21-May-2015

(20-May-2015, 09:01)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 05:58)Saint0 Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 16:23)Sylvain27 Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 09:51)Saint0 Wrote:
(19-May-2015, 09:28)Saint0 Wrote: I'm pretty sure power is clean. D250 is connected to PS Audio P5 with Shunyata Z-PC10 power cord, and the P5 goes to MIT 20A in-wall conditioner/surge protector. I'm surprised to hear the low frequency rumble & beating noise, as well as the glitches with SAM 2.0; both happened after the V8.0 update. Unit was clean and dead silent running V7 prior to the update.

I've contacted Devialet, they're supposedly looking into it. This is the first time I had problems with their F/W update.

I'd like to add that V8.0 is running OK under "nominal conditions" playing music at -33dB to -20dB. The operating temperature is 4 to 5'C lower than V7.1.1.

However, SAM has minimal effect on my Focal Scala V1. Sound stage opens up a bit with SAM, but not much changes in the bass. SAM 2.0 is even more subtle than 1.0, not sure if it's worth the trouble. I don't noticed much difference changing the SAM % either. I'm wondering if other Scala V1 users have the same experience?
Hello, I have older Focal Utopia speakers, a pair of Diva. Devialet borrowed my own pair to be SAMed, so I hope the correction is the right one! Wink   I have a similar experience, SAM does not change completely the bass, and I think it's because we have speakers with already a good bass response without SAM. However if you look at the boomers while playing double bass for instance, SAM correction can be seen immediately at times, movements of the speakers' membrane have a much larger amplitude with SAM.
  Best regards,
Sylvain 

Thanks for the feedback Sylvian.

I've seen video's of other SAM'd speakers, like the B&W 802D, on YouTube. It looks like some kind of subsonic vibrations with SAM. Deviate's site claims 10mm excursion for the Scala V1 with SAM, (I thought it used to be 17mm with SAM 1.0 ??). I was hoping to see some visible evidence of SAM in action, but my Scala's woofers don't seem to move in & out with SAM like the others. I've tried it with Subsonic Filter On & Off, but I've not noticed any major visible difference in the woofer's behavior with or without SAM. I usually set the volume at -33dB to -20dB max, may be I'm not playing them loud enough?
  Well, I am quite surprised. On the video, the tune played is track 4 of this album http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/jacques-loussier-trio-the-best-of-play-bach-jacques-loussier-trio/4892843002596?qref=dac_7 (Gavotte in D major). I just tried at -20 dB the beginning of the track, SAM ON/OFF is obvious, the woofers move much more with SAM ON (100%) and if I reduce SAM %, movements of the woofer are smaller (subsonic filter OFF, I did no try with ON). I know that there is a big woofer on the Scala and 2 smaller woofers on the Diva, but B&W 802D has a big woofer too. I remember that someone who have a pair of Focal Diablo (one of the first speaker SAMed by Devialet) noticed these big movements too. What source are you using?
Thanks, I'll try that one out. I used Massive Attack's "Angel" to check SAM On/Off before, which is the reference track on the Scala V1 SAM webpage.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Yippedidou - 21-May-2015

I'm settling for 8.0.0, DPM and Subsonic off, SAM at 50%. With that set up, I cannot hear a difference with 7.1.3.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - theaudioguru - 21-May-2015

Thought the problems were over with safari and configurator, returned tonight, "error ".
I used chrome. I love this product but the software is a pain.
Btw does anyone know how to unselect sub/pre out for inputs? Mine are grayed out.
Theaudioguru 

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Akk_fin - 21-May-2015

(21-May-2015, 03:52)theaudioguru Wrote: IThought the problems were over with safari and configurator, returned tonight, "error ".
Btw does anyone know how to unselect sub/pre out for inputs? Mine are grayed out.
Theaudioguru 

Yes, if you use Safari, and have logged in and try edit your old confiriguration file, it fails when downloading and give error. If you dont login and start from scratch, it works.
To edit old conf-file without  download errors, use Chrome Smile

RE: Firmware 8.0 - andrewd - 21-May-2015

when is 8.1 due? I generally avoid the x.0 release of any software like the plague. My system is sounding great so I am a bit hesitant to mess with it.

RE: Firmware 8.0 - philoouu - 21-May-2015

I will finally move to 8.0 and try SAM with my Wilson Benesch Vertex exchanging my set of speakers between my 2 systems.
I have read the different posts regarding the Sam Adjustement and it looks like depending on the firmware, the fourth press of the tone button adjusts SAM percentage but it may depends if the other button of the remote control corresponds to SAM on/off.
What is the situation with firmware 8.0 ? Does it need the SAM on/off button to adjust the percentage with tone button or can we adjust with tone button without SAM on/off button ?
Thanks
philoouu

RE: Firmware 8.0 - ogs - 21-May-2015

(21-May-2015, 04:25)andrewd Wrote: when is 8.1 due?  I generally avoid the x.0 release of any software like the plague.  My system is sounding great so I am a bit hesitant to mess with it.

I agree with you. X.0 versions often has errors.  In a follow up response, among other things, Devialet said the following:

snip
..Rest assure that this is only the first version of firmware 8.0, so corrections will be implemented in version 8.1 and beyond....
snip/

I'd hope that 8.1 would not be too far away as Devialet is probably getting lots of critical feedback for 8.0.0 at the moment.

Firmware 8.0 - amabrok - 21-May-2015

I think it makes sense. Config files made with the old Configurator are expected to be incompatible with V 8.0 but I see no reason why the new Configurator would produce incompatible config files with V 7.1.1 or 7.1.3. It souls work. Maybe what created this confusion is the fact that many members here tried their old config files on V 8.0 which of course didn't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Mikeeo - 21-May-2015

(21-May-2015, 04:09)Akk_fin Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 03:52)theaudioguru Wrote: IThought the problems were over with safari and configurator, returned tonight, "error ".
Theaudioguru 

Yes, if you use Safari, and have logged in and try edit your old confiriguration file, it fails when downloading and give error. If you dont login and start from scratch, it works.
To edit old conf-file without  download errors, use Chrome Smile

Well, I can't even config my old ones as the system doesn't let me open them anylonger.

Anyone else?

/Mike

RE: Firmware 8.0 - Rodney Gold - 21-May-2015

As to best input..well I dunno about DSD, however on normal digital input the AES is significantly better than SPDIF or Toslink.

I use a miniDSP DDRC 22D for room correction, it has optical, AES and SPDIF output..all active..

I hooked up the AES and the SPDIF from the miniDSP and changed sources on my D prem.. BIG noticeable difference tween the 2, with AES a big improvement in all spheres.. this was not an expectation bias thing , my wife switched the inputs and I could identify which one was being used 100% of the time..