Devialet Chat
News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich (/Thread-News-about-AIR-crackling-noise-from-Munich)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - midi - 15-May-2015

Today I´ve talked to a software architect from Devialet at the Munich Highend about the AIR problems.

He was very strived to help me and was very friendly.

But my impression is, that the solution (at least for the Mac/OS) is far far away.

So for me it seems to be a never ending story and I am forced to buy an Aurelic Aries (Mini) or a Dialog with a Phantom (for another room) an wait until the end of June, when spark works with the expert line. May be it is cheaper and it makes mor sense to go with the Dialog (and a Phantom, so I have a mulitroom-system too).

I had to leave the Highend before 14 h, so I couldn´t meet the other Devialet freaks around GuillaumeB. Perhaps they have better news than I have.

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - Hifi_swlon - 17-May-2015

Thanks for the update. Which is hugely disappointing!

Perhaps they could divert some resources from the team creating silly acronyms to doing some debugging.

News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - amabrok - 18-May-2015

(17-May-2015, 19:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Thanks for the update. Which is hugely disappointing!

Perhaps they could divert some resources from the team creating silly acronyms to doing some debugging.

I think they are well thought acronyms. But still that doesn't qualify them to debug Air software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - Hifi_swlon - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 04:15)amabrok Wrote:
(17-May-2015, 19:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Thanks for the update. Which is hugely disappointing!

I think they are well thought acronyms. But still that doesn't qualify them to debug Air software

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha true.  Perhaps I should have said divert some funding from the acronym department to debugging coders dept. Wink

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - Womaz - 18-May-2015

I am also waiting for Dialog to work with the Expert range, for now I am back to using a CD Transport as AIR is too unreliable. This is not what I envisaged when purchasing the Devialet, however it still sounds excellent, if slightly inferior to AIR.

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - f1eng - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 12:40)Womaz Wrote: I am also waiting for Dialog to work with the Expert range, for now I am back to using  a CD Transport as AIR is too unreliable. This is not what I envisaged when purchasing the Devialet, however it still sounds excellent, if slightly inferior to AIR.

Interesting. I have no problems with Air over ethernet but if anything the source that sounds best to me is my CD transport into the AES/EBU input.

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - IanG-UK - 18-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 19:39)midi Wrote: Today I´ve talked to a software architect from Devialet at the Munich Highend about the AIR problems.

But my impression is, that the solution (at least for the Mac/OS) is far far away.

So for me it seems to be a never ending story and I am forced to buy an Aurelic Aries (Mini) or a Dialog with a Phantom (for another room) an wait until the end of June, when spark works with the expert line. May be it is cheaper and it makes mor sense to go with the Dialog (and a Phantom, so I have a mulitroom-system too).

I had to leave the Highend before 14 h, so I couldn´t meet the other Devialet freaks around GuillaumeB. Perhaps they have better news than I have.

Strangely, I spoke with the Devialet AIR engineer at Munich in relation to the Mac problems and he said they were making progress. I got the impression that a solution was likely and whilst a time was not specified I got the impression that it was not far far away!

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - midi - 18-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 20:57)IanG-UK Wrote:
(15-May-2015, 19:39)midi Wrote: Today I´ve talked to a software architect from Devialet at the Munich Highend about the AIR problems.

Strangely, I spoke with the Devialet AIR engineer at Munich in relation to the Mac problems and he said they were making progress. I got the impression that a solution was likely and whilst a time was not specified I got the impression that it was not far far away!
So impressions can be different ! If I would have found a progress I would formulate it positive. I heard only how difficult the search for the solution is for the Mac OS. No indications for any hopeful solutions for the Mac OS. Is there a beta for the Mac ? I think no ! Sorry, the problem has been known for a long time now and nothing happened (yes, I know the Phantoms...)

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - Womaz - 19-May-2015

(18-May-2015, 19:08)f1eng Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 12:40)Womaz Wrote: I am also waiting for Dialog to work with the Expert range, for now I am back to using  a CD Transport as AIR is too unreliable. This is not what I envisaged when purchasing the Devialet, however it still sounds excellent, if slightly inferior to AIR.

Interesting. I have no problems with Air over ethernet but if anything the source that sounds best to me is my CD transport into the AES/EBU input.

You may have a better CD Transport than me. For me AIR has better soundstage and sometimes with the CD player it can be a bit bright at times. There is not a massive difference, but AIR shades it. I also love the JRiver app and having all of my music on hand to scroll through.
I am hoping Dialog with the expert range can do the same job.

RE: News about AIR-crackling noise from Munich - Jnan_devi - 19-May-2015

(15-May-2015, 19:39)midi Wrote: So for me it seems to be a never ending story and I am forced to buy an Aurelic Aries (Mini) or a Dialog with a Phantom (for another room) an wait until the end of June, when spark works with the expert line. May be it is cheaper and it makes mor sense to go with the Dialog (and a Phantom, so I have a mulitroom-system too).

Appreciate the updates. Lucky few who can truly go there and send info. I would be very happy to wait until End of June if they may. No pessimistic but i m really happy that Devialet is making Spark work for Expert Line for guy like me given up hope that may not be the case Smile