Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 29-Oct-2015

(24-Oct-2015, 11:41)hk6230 Wrote: [Image: th?&id=HK.147732189637&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0]

Spectre OST
Thomas Newman
Flac 16/44.1 via Roon+AIR

This is really an adrenaline pumping OST. I love it!

Moody, atmospheric, dynamic and d.e.e.p bass. Fantastic! Thanks Gary.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - teddlesdee - 03-Nov-2015

I suppose you might call me a bit of an oddball in my tastes. I know my kids think I have a screw lose!

I fell in love with Electronic music in the 70s, mostly renditions of classical based music, Ambient stuff and Wendy Carlos etc...although I am not averse to modern/ pop also...
I have a big range of other stuff, but over the years the usual suspects like Jean Michelle Jarre, Evermind, Art of Noise, Mike Olfield (his album became firm favourites. Trouble is that there are not many very good similar out there that I have found yet (unless you know?)... until recently...

Purely by chance I fell over an EP called 'Atomos VII'..and was blown away! Contemporary Classic, they call it.
...so much so, I researched all the other tracks and albums from 'A winged Victory for the Sullen' (what a weird name!) and bought most....

Try it if you dare! I was spellbound.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Damon - 03-Nov-2015

teddlesdee,

RE Atomos VII and AWVFTS; great find! I read your post and then listened on Spotify and it is excellent. What a great way to sink into darkness and relaxation.

I also love ambient electronic & chill music and this is a great addition to the collection.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 03-Nov-2015

Anyone tried Atmos I to VI?

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Damon - 03-Nov-2015

(03-Nov-2015, 22:06)Confused Wrote: Anyone tried Atmos I to VI?

I listened to the whole album, and I thought it was great. I'm at work, so it was just a taster, but I'll give it a more serious listen this evening. It is neat to have ambient music that has acoustic instruments more prominently featured; I'm fine with the electronic sources as well, but the Atomos material has a different feel with the more conventional instrumentation mix (assuming, of course, that I'm hearing it correctly at my desk)/

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 03-Nov-2015

I've just had a quick listen to Atmos VIII myself, didn't really like it to be honest, but then found myself being sucked into a strange place..... Interesting, will try this again when I have a bit more time.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - PhilP - 04-Nov-2015

A bit unusual to recommend playlists but I tried this one on Qobuz and really enjoyed it.  Its a 50 track compilation of folk songs - not all of them obvious.  A very nice listen and its interesting to compare some beautiful female voices. I apologise to those of you who don't have Qobuz...

"Ideal Discography: Folk Singers of Today and Yesterday"

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - teddlesdee - 04-Nov-2015

(03-Nov-2015, 23:21)Confused Wrote: I've just had a quick listen to Atmos VIII myself, didn't really like it to be honest, but then found myself being sucked into a strange place.....     Interesting, will try this again when I have a bit more time.

'ello Mate!

Yes Atomos VIII is quite different to Atomos VII in my view, and if I had started with VIII I am not so sure I would have been quite so excited about this find...

This duo's talents, are amazing, and I know now why their concerts are fully booked in a twinkle. There is something very different about their music that once you get into the 'zone' so-to-speak it is both calming and emotional and takes you into another realm altogether(to me anyway). Even my Wife (to my utter surprise) likes it!

Their other albums are just as good in a different way. I accept this is not for all, but if you like ambient music with a classical twist, you want more and more of it -

"We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year" - such a ridiculous title, is also a nice twist to piano renditions, from their latest album.

All I want to discover now is more similar stuff!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - teddlesdee - 04-Nov-2015

...and now for something completely different! (Gad I mourn the breakup of Monty Python!)

Anyone like asian music? I do now!

I fell across (I do a lot of that! Cool - must be more careful!) a rather fun track called "Gulmarg (the Valley of Flowers)", and once I had played this several times I could NOT get it out of my head, and now have to have regular 'fixes' when I get home from work... Its fun and very entertaining. Especially for curry parties at home!
I then found the Album called "Kashmir:Sounds of the Valley" - an d yet more nice stuff here, but maybe my fav track still being "Gulmarg" - oooops! Just realised. This is rather 'fitting' with my profile piccy!

Then a week ago I found this: Music of the Himalayas - Rahul Sharma

Not everyones cup-o-T, but if you like world music, this little track send shivers down your spine... I LOVE it... over and over again - Missus not quite so, but I am working on it! Wink

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - KraaijCheck - 06-Nov-2015

Heart