Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Mollengijs - 30-Mar-2016

Quatuor Modigliani: Debussy - Saint-Saëns - Ravel 

Love the Mirare label recordings.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Mollengijs - 30-Mar-2016

Easter is over but these Stabat Mater's are to be enjoyed throughout the year.

Philippe Pierlot - Ricercar consort

Antonio Vivaldi - Stabat Mater
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi - Stabat Mater

Mirare Label - Qobuz downloads

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Bruno - 30-Mar-2016

Joe Bonamassa new album : Blues Of Desperation is something !
Powerful sound (not this brickwall nonsense), topnotch musicians, and a new step in Joe's career.
If you're like me, missing Rory Gallagher and Gary Moore, you may find some solace listening to that one.

Ivo Pogorelich comes next with his personal and reflective interpretation of Liszt's Piano Sonata in B minor.

To sum up : sincerity in art.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Pim - 02-Apr-2016

Blue Shaddy - Bury my Ghost. It's a band from Perth that was playing in a pub during a blues music festival in Broadbeach, Queensland a number of years ago. Good music but what stands out is the honest recording quality. This is an amateur band so there's no commercial production going on here. Just the band in a studio and play. This is what music should sound like.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 02-Apr-2016

(02-Apr-2016, 11:20)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Blue Shaddy - Bury my Ghost. It's a band from Perth that was playing in a pub during a blues music festival in Broadbeach, Queensland a number of years ago. Good music but what stands out is the honest recording quality. This is an amateur band so there's no commercial production going on here. Just the band in a studio and play. This is what music should sound like.

Just found this on Spotify!  Now, this does not fit with my normal musical diet, but agree with Pim, it's a good honest recording, a very good listen!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 02-Apr-2016

Faithless "Outrospective".

Too long since I last listened to it - love it!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - AaronG - 02-Apr-2016

Just got Alina Ibragimova's Prokofiev, Ravel, and Bach Phenomenal! What a fiddler. Great sound too.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - daddypigmoran - 02-Apr-2016

None because my Phantoms/Dialog/Spark App have decided to stop working yet again.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Pim - 03-Apr-2016

(02-Apr-2016, 20:59)daddypigmoran Wrote: None because my Phantoms/Dialog/Spark App have decided to stop working yet again.

Now that sucks. And it's posts like this that stop me from even being remotely interested in Phantom. It's an audio system. Audio has been around for about a hundred years working flawlessly (albeit not the sound) and now suddenly we're supposed to put up with re-boots and tinkering just because it's wireless. No way.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 03-Apr-2016

John Cale "Helen of Troy" (vinyl rip).

[Image: john-cale-helen-of-troy.jpg]

Not my typical Sunday morning fare, but all the better for that.