Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 04-May-2016

Beck — Sea Change. 192/24. Pah, what a good record...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 04-May-2016

Bach Cello Suite 4, Anner Bylsma Air ethernet from a ripped CD, and into Epilogs

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - teddlesdee - 06-May-2016

Nice that you guys share what you are listening to, or have discovered, is...

....one problem for me, and I suspect others is to appreciate whether your selection is worth investigating to see if it should be added to my own list. Much of what I have seen here, I have never heard of, and given most of us are busy-busy-busy running our lives, we stand to miss some real gems...so...

Would it not be helpful that those who post an album or track, perhaps at the very least try to give some brief caricaturisation to help us 'on-the-hunt' filter out what they would and would not be interested in investigating?

Even if it is stating something like:

..Pop. classic classical, modern classical, alternative, modern Jazz, trad Jazz, electronic, etc etc - you get my drift? More description would also be welcome, as some have taken the trouble to add...

I for one would dearly love to find more gems that would float-my-boat, and I would purchase, but the thought of trying to find out more about each and every listing here is a tad off-putting?

So, come on chaps.... For me....I wanna find more alternative, electronic, modern classical, alternative classical..... etc

eg... found in the last 6 months

A winged Victory for the Sullen - Atomos VII - Described by me as modern electronic Classical - mind blowing - mesmerising - emotional (to me anyway)
Craig Leon - Early Electronic Works - Described by me as modern electronic Classical

Lights - Midnight Machines - A new discovery for me this week - Canadian band - spell-binding female voice - very musically clever/ innovative - Pop with a hint of folk in it + a lot of je ne sais quoi! - reminds me a tad of JEM

All above in high def! from HD Tracks site...

Keith

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - PhilP - 06-May-2016

Brian Eno - The Ship. Streamed from Qobuz. Challenging but absorbing.

[Image: 41oroIDdIGL._AC_US160_.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - KraaijCheck - 06-May-2016

James Blake - The Colour In Anything
Roon/Tidal

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - KraaijCheck - 06-May-2016

Radiohead - Daydreaming
24 Flac via Roon

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Silvertouran - 06-May-2016

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across the Rooftops. CD.
Produced by Linn Records originally to show off their LP12 back in the vinyl days.
The main track being "Tinsel Town in the Rain "

Infact the company i work for used to service the photocopier in their factory near Eaglesham and i remember going in and being told to beware of the robotic machines they used to transport parts around the floor. They followed coloured strips across the floor using lasers but i was assured that if i stepped out in front of one that it would stop. I never tested it though. :-). They has a whole Linn setup in the reception area while you waited to be seen.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 07-May-2016

Antonio Forcione-Ghetto Paradise. CD.
Especially track 2, Alhambra. Just beautiful.

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 08-May-2016

Scott Hamilton, Andrea Pozza – Who cares?
DSD64

Piano and sax playing mostly jazz standards. Excellent production, really an audiophile kind of thing. Nice for a quiet night with a book...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 08-May-2016

(06-May-2016, 08:47)teddlesdee Wrote: Nice that you guys share what you are listening to, or have discovered, is...

....one problem for me, and I suspect others is to appreciate whether your selection is worth investigating to see if it should be added to my own list. Much of what I have seen here, I have never heard of, and given most of us are busy-busy-busy running our lives, we stand to miss some real gems...so...

Would it not be helpful that those who post an album or track, perhaps at the very least try to give some brief caricaturisation to help us 'on-the-hunt'  filter out what they would and would not be interested in investigating?

Even if it is stating something like:

..Pop. classic classical, modern classical, alternative, modern Jazz, trad Jazz, electronic,  etc etc - you get my drift? More description would also be welcome, as some have taken the trouble to add...

Keith

A +1 from me!  I think many people do write a short description of what they are listening too, so thanks to those who make the extra effort.  For those who do not, well ok, it is clearly not a compulsory obligation, but if you have made the effort to post the album, why not an extra sentence to provide a brief summary?