Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 04-Aug-2016

Peter Frampton-Frampton Comes Alive. SACD rip.  Including 4 extra tracks that they couldn't squeeze onto the vinyl copy (which we also have).

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 04-Aug-2016

Hoy-Hoy! Little Feat. CD. 
Especially the live tracks "Gringo" and "Red Streamliner", both were written by Bill Payne, and floor me every time.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Hifi_swlon - 04-Aug-2016

(03-Aug-2016, 11:30)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 22:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 15:20)Zappydev Wrote: Definitely one for the stoners, pot-heads and ageing space-cadets out there, of which I am sure there are many on DC Big Grin

No idea what you mean....

Confused  Shy  Tongue

...Talked me into trying it...

The album, or .....?

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - octaviars - 05-Aug-2016

Jill Johnson - Songs for daddy

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 06-Aug-2016

New York Time - Christian McBride (et all). 96/24

Great jazz album, wonderfully recorded.

Duncan Sheik - Duncan Sheik. CD rip

A bit sad and reflective, "slow, well-composed, well-written pop" could be a description. Even better sound! You'll probably recognise Barely Breathing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 07-Aug-2016

Shostakovich Symphony No. 5, Atlanta SO/Yoel Levi

[Image: atlanta-symphony-orchestra-yoel-levi-sho...9-1990.jpg]

Finally got round to buying a nice version of this wonderful music on CD to supplement my old Concertgebouw/Haitink LP.  (I think I prefer the Atlanta SO version at first hearing; it's certainly a very nice recording.)

ETA: having turned the wick up a bit, it's clear that this is a really superb recording! Reading Confused's report on the 1000 Pro a few minutes ago, and loving the sound of my system, I am now wavering about that upgrade...

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 07-Aug-2016

Suffering audition fatigue, I am curing myself with some proper old skool 80's techno.  Stakker's (or is it Humanoid's???)  My Body Robotic.  Actually sounds very good!

This also has a moderately interesting and amusing Wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stakker_Humanoid

EDIT: Stakker Humanoid is a great fun track, most enjoyable and cheered me up this morning, however in the spirit of this thread I have to be honest, I couldn't make it through the entire double album!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 07-Aug-2016

Erik Satie: The Complete Solo Piano Music, Jean-Yves Thibaudet

Found this on Qobuz. Just...beautiful.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - baconbrain - 09-Aug-2016

(09-Jul-2016, 05:05)Damon Wrote: Argh! Enough rolling around in the indulgences of upgrades and AIR and petitions. After dinner we got into the tunes; the old folks in our middle '50's and our son in his early '20's, we all absorbed by Talk Talk, beautifully brought to life by Devialet and Lawrence Audio; It's My Life. A treat for the fans of creative, well-crafted, modern pop. Tonal, rhythmic, patient.... I am captivated by it still, 20 years and many girlfriends later. Dial it in, turn it up, and settle in. Bass players, and bass fans- you know what I mean.

Deezer Elite

Inspired by your post, I dug it out of the archives and gave it a listen ...

Sounds great and brings back good memories!

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 10-Aug-2016

Patricia Barber, Café Blue - DSD64

What can I say... It's magical. Probably one of the best sounding records I've ever heard. Simply amazing. But to the important part, the music. Ms Barber has an amazing voice, with kind of dark undertone, great for jazz. This is a jazz album, but also some kind of experimental album, with things that remind me of Laurie Anderson, and other stuff closer to Cassandra Wilson. Not the happiest record in your life, but neither a sad, depressing thing either. Really beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.