Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Womaz - 11-Dec-2016

Angel Olsen - My Woman

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 11-Dec-2016

Art Pepper-So In Love. SACD rip. 24/96 FLAC.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Sharone - 11-Dec-2016

Leszek Mozdzer- Komeda
via Tidal
A piano solo album gem
[Image: IMG_0013_zpslujzdaea.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 11-Dec-2016

Melody Gardot "Currency of Man"

I must have mentioned this album before, but haven't listened to it since my change of speakers and upgrade to the 440 Pro. Just to say: it's sounding absolutely epic today!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 12-Dec-2016

(11-Dec-2016, 18:55)thumb5 Wrote: Melody Gardot "Currency of Man"

I must have mentioned this album before, but haven't listened to it since my change of speakers and upgrade to the 440 Pro.  Just to say: it's sounding absolutely epic today!

Nice choice, Ian. Smile
I have four of her CDs and Currency Of Man is my favourite as it's a bit funkier than the others, although they're all good!
Will have to plan a revisit to Mademoiselle Gardot.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Bruno - 12-Dec-2016

City of Cranes by band of brothers (not really "shakespearesque").
If you watch Jimmy Kimmel Live, you know Jeff Babko, keyboard wizard and arranger.
As a matter of fact Will Lee is on the bass and you may have seen him on tv as well as part of the cbs orchestra with David Letterman. Keith Carlock is on the drums... Never heard of the guitarist and the sax before, but they can play. Those guys got ears !
It was recorded within three days in Nashville. If you like fusion and jazz...

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 13-Dec-2016

(12-Dec-2016, 20:02)Bruno Wrote: City of Cranes by band of brothers (not really "shakespearesque").
If you watch Jimmy Kimmel Live, you know Jeff Babko, keyboard wizard and arranger.
As a matter of fact Will Lee is on the bass and you may have seen him on tv as well as part of the cbs orchestra with David Letterman. Keith Carlock is on the drums... Never heard of the guitarist and the sax before, but they can play. Those guys got ears !
It was recorded within three days in Nashville. If you like fusion and jazz...

I've been having a  listen to this, and really like it.

Nice one, Bruno! Smile

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Xander - 13-Dec-2016

This is one of my favourite topics... finding nice new music I would never found myself / have looked for. Thanks all for posting, keep them coming!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 14-Dec-2016

(13-Dec-2016, 20:46)Xander Wrote: This is one of my favourite  topics... finding nice new music I would never found myself / have looked for. Thanks all for posting, keep them coming!

Totally agree with you. I've found new artists and new musical directions because of this great thread. I tend to listen to most of the suggested albums if I can find them on Spotify, then buy them as CDs, vinyl or digital downloads.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - woodstock - 14-Dec-2016

"Concert a Deux Violes Esgales by Sieur De Sainte Colombe
"Life by Stephan Micus
The Codona Trilogy by Don Cherry, Nana Vasconcelos, Collin Walcott
A Jazz Life by Tony Scott