Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 25-Sep-2014

Purcell, Dido & Aeneas, Les Arts Florissants, CD

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - beerman - 25-Sep-2014

(25-Sep-2014, 18:26)f1eng Wrote: Purcell, Dido & Aeneas, Les Arts Florissants, CD

Great! I do like the music of Henry Purcell very much. I have a recording of Dido & Aeneas by Charles Mackerras, Monteverdi Chor Hamburg and the Kammerorchester des NDR on Vinyl. Must give it a listening soon!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 26-Sep-2014

Bach English Suites, Sviatoslv Richter, CD

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 26-Sep-2014

[Image: Alt-J_-_This_is_all_yours.jpg]

Alt J - This is all Yours (vinyl)

What album are you listening tonight? - LBameule - 27-Sep-2014

Annie Lennox, Bare. CD.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 27-Sep-2014

Hi!

I was too rapt to post last night Tongue

Bluesiana ll especially "Love's Parody". Just beautiful. Rolleyes

Then to keep it in the same vein: Dr John-Anutha Zone. Swampy music at it's best and trez cool CoolCool

Regards

Al

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 27-Sep-2014

Today I listened to La Femme's "Psycho Tropical Berlin". Ripped from brand new CD. Now this is nice good fun groovy stuff, I like the music very much. Trouble is, the sound quality was dreadful, with the issue of having obvious distortion in the upper mid / treble range. It was so bad I checked the input dB meters on the Devialet, now these were running permanently in the orange zone and about half the time at the full 0dB. Most commercial stuff is compressed and over recorded, but this was shocking! If the producer, CD master'er or whoever else is responsible for this would like to visit me for a quick listen, then they would be more than welcome. For this occasion, I would dig out my genuine early 80's "22 hole" Doc Martins, which are blessed with monumental butt kicking powers, which would be ideal for both greeting, and then saying a long goodbye, to my guests.

One to play in the car, where the CD's shortcomings may be less obvious than with the Dev, particularly if I am driving at high speed in a hurricane with the windows open.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 29-Sep-2014

Leonard Cohen - Popular Problems (24/96).
playing on a Ramdisk through Audirvana 1.5.12 via AIR.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - GuillaumeB - 30-Sep-2014

4 Generations of Miles (24/96)

George Coleman, Mike Stern, Ron Carter, Jimmy Cobb

This is a wonderful live Chesky Records recording, the sound quality is simply superb and there's a great "live" atmosphere. Highly recommended if you like Jazz. Cool

Guillaume

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 30-Sep-2014

Anna Calvi eponymous album, Qobuz Hi-Fi.

[Image: Anna-Calvi-2.jpg]