Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - K4680 - 06-Aug-2017

"Hudson"
Jazz drum legend Jack Dejohnette, guitarist John Scofield, pianist Martin Medeski & bassist Larry Grenadier join forces on 2017 album inspired by the mighty Hudson River. Features compositions of Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix & Joni Mitchell

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 06-Aug-2017

(06-Aug-2017, 10:20)Confused Wrote:
(05-Aug-2017, 12:00)Axel Wrote:
(05-Aug-2017, 10:41)thumb5 Wrote: Top stuff, Axel!

Cheers Ian!
I was lucky enough to see them about thirty years ago at the Donnington Master Of Rock concert.

The car was suspended beneath a helicopter with the band inside, flying over the audience, flashing the lights and revving the engine.  Imagine that happening these days? Health and Safety would have a field day!

I don't think the helicopter's sponsorship would go down to well in 2017 either.....
Wow! That brings back memories. I guess you were there too, Confused?

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 07-Aug-2017

(06-Aug-2017, 19:10)Axel Wrote:
(06-Aug-2017, 10:20)Confused Wrote:
(05-Aug-2017, 12:00)Axel Wrote: Cheers Ian!
I was lucky enough to see them about thirty years ago at the Donnington Master Of Rock concert.

The car was suspended beneath a helicopter with the band inside, flying over the audience, flashing the lights and revving the engine.  Imagine that happening these days? Health and Safety would have a field day!

I don't think the helicopter's sponsorship would go down to well in 2017 either.....
Wow! That brings back memories. I guess you were there too, Confused?
No, I was not there. Sad   The picture was shamelessly stolen from the internet.  I did go to some of the early 90's events though, seeing Iron Maiden, AC DC, Metallica and others.  Happy days!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - blair.athol - 07-Aug-2017

(06-Aug-2017, 16:59)K4680 Wrote: "Hudson"
Jazz drum legend Jack Dejohnette, guitarist John Scofield, pianist Martin Medeski & bassist Larry Grenadier join forces on 2017 album inspired by the mighty Hudson River. Features compositions of Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix & Joni Mitchell

Lay Lady Lay, so relaxed, love it! Thank you!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Jonas - 08-Aug-2017

Josefine Cronholm - "Wild Garden", really nice voice.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - K4680 - 08-Aug-2017

(07-Aug-2017, 22:02)blair.athol Wrote:
(06-Aug-2017, 16:59)K4680 Wrote: "Hudson"

Lay Lady Lay, so relaxed, love it! Thank you!

Hello blair.athol, nothing to thank. Listen to Lay Lady Lay on "Music from Free Creek". Rolleyes https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=144&page=182

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - GuillaumeB - 10-Aug-2017

(30-Jul-2017, 14:43)Axel Wrote: Jimmy Cobb Quartet-Jazz In The Key Of Blue. DSD64.

Niiice!

That's actually one of my favourite albums. 

Haven't heard the DSD64 version though!

Guillaume

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - GuillaumeB - 10-Aug-2017

I recently discovered Fennesz. Dense ambient dark electronica soundscapes with amazing textures and melodies interwoven. Start with the album Black Sea:

The track Vacuum is utterly spellbinding and will have you thinking about all kinds of deep stuff. Very intense and beautiful. But the whole album is wonderful. 

Guillaume

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 10-Aug-2017

Oooh, that sounds tempting, thanks Guillaume!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Damon - 10-Aug-2017

RE Fennesz

Thanks GB. Getting suggestions for new music is one of the best things about being a part of a forum and community. Have Black Sea on at the office right now, from Deezer Elite. So much space, and ease; very much unlike work these days. I must play this louder at home this evening.