Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - K4680 - 09-May-2019

Nirvana
"Bleach"

...some Nirvana die-hards argue that Bleach is Nirvana’s finest work.

'Beginning with a feedback overture and ending with full-on instrument destruction, the live set is a snapshot of a menacingly feral band about to become a beast.' (Rolling Stones)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - TheFactsOfLife - 09-May-2019

[Image: 916N855puJL._SL1500_.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - K4680 - 10-May-2019

Whitesnake

"Flesh and Blood"

The 13 original, visceral tracks on “Flesh & Blood”, the band’s 13th studio album, are, luckily for you dear reader, “all killer, no filler”, as the saying goes.
But would you expect anything less from the ’Snakes? (HRA)

Download HRA 96/24Flac

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 11-May-2019

Esperanza Spalding "Emily's D+Evolution"

[Image: adoy5V6.png]

Just discovered this very interesting album.  She is clearly a very talented musician (bassist, singer, composer, ...).

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 12-May-2019

(11-May-2019, 21:22)thumb5 Wrote: Esperanza Spalding "Emily's D+Evolution"

[Image: adoy5V6.png]

Just discovered this very interesting album.  She is clearly a very talented musician (bassist, singer, composer, ...).
Nice one Ian! Thanks for posting. Really enjoying this one. There are some complex rhythms which are very catchy. She also has an amazing voice which reminds me of Joni in places.  Great album which is going in my favourites.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 12-May-2019

Glad you're enjoying it. I know exactly what you mean about her voice, "she sounds like Joni" was my first reaction too. Followed shortly by "wow, that's some lovely bass playing".

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 12-May-2019

(12-May-2019, 10:02)thumb5 Wrote: Glad you're enjoying it.  I know exactly what you mean about her voice, "she sounds like Joni" was my first reaction too.  Followed shortly by "wow, that's some lovely bass playing".

Yeah, I forgot to mention the stellar bass playing. Rolleyes
I’ll also be going through the rest of her catalogue.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - K4680 - 24-May-2019

Sting is back.  Sting's life on an album: "My Songs".  The former police frontman has compressed his best hits on an album.  For this he has re-set his evergreens for "My Songs" like "Every Breath You Take", "Demolition Man", "Shape of My Heart" and "Roxanne".  (Source: HRA)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - maxijazz - 26-May-2019

Spidergawd - Spidergawd

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Axel - 27-May-2019

Thanks@maxijazz for the post. Enjoying this very much!