Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 30-Jul-2014

The Nits - In the Dutch Mountains. Via good old fashioned CD player (digital coax out) because I haven't got 'round to ripping it yet. (no white noise issues though!) Tried this because I was intrigued by what I read about the album after Googling "The Nits" following Eddie's earlier post. (I had never heard of them, and thought they might be an audiophile compatible punk rock band or something). Why intrigued? Basically. it is not a studio album as such, but played in a gym that used to serve as their practice room and recorded by two track digital. The music is not really my thing, but I did enjoy maybe 3 or 4 tracks. However, it was a good and very interesting listen in many ways due to how it was recorded, very natural sounding, not like a typical studio album or the slightly ruined quality you can get with some (not all) live recordings. Well worth my £6 off Amazon and I may be giving some of the better tracks a spin some time soon.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 31-Jul-2014

(30-Jul-2014, 21:39)Confused Wrote: The Nits - In the Dutch Mountains. Via good old fashioned CD player (digital coax out) because I haven't got 'round to ripping it yet. (no white noise issues though!) Tried this because I was intrigued by what I read about the album after Googling "The Nits" following Eddie's earlier post. (I had never heard of them, and thought they might be an audiophile compatible punk rock band or something). Why intrigued? Basically. it is not a studio album as such, but played in a gym that used to serve as their practice room and recorded by two track digital. The music is not really my thing, but I did enjoy maybe 3 or 4 tracks. However, it was a good and very interesting listen in many ways due to how it was recorded, very natural sounding, not like a typical studio album or the slightly ruined quality you can get with some (not all) live recordings. Well worth my £6 off Amazon and I may be giving some of the better tracks a spin some time soon.
Glad you liked (some of) it Smile

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 31-Jul-2014

@Eddye - Oooops! I have just noticed that I had spelt your name tag wrong in my last post! (Eddie vs Eddye) Unforgivable!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 31-Jul-2014

(31-Jul-2014, 13:03)Confused Wrote: @Eddye - Oooops! I have just noticed that I had spelt your name tag wrong in my last post! (Eddie vs Eddye) Unforgivable!

No worries Smile
The e after the y is actually the first letter of my last name.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 31-Jul-2014

Jaques Loussier Play Bach, ripped CD through my KEF LS50s using SAM, my first time with SAM.
The improvement in the bass is h-u-g-e

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 01-Aug-2014

Angus & Julia Stone - Angus & Julia Stone
Wanted it on Vinyl, but that's coming out next friday. I'll buy it then.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - windler - 01-Aug-2014

CIELO E TERRA
Al Di Meola

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 02-Aug-2014

[Image: full31675362.jpg]
Eric Clapton & Friends - The Breeze: An appreciation of JJ Cale
16/44 stream via Qobuz

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 02-Aug-2014

Liszt Piano Concertos, Richter/Kondrachin/LSO on LP.
Normally I play LPs for the added euphonic coloration that I like, but this particular recording has a much better sound that the CD issue as well as the Euphony!

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 02-Aug-2014

Melanie De Biasio "No Deal", via Qobuz Hi-Fi.

I heard of this album by reading a review in (I think) HiFi+ a few weeks ago, and really enjoy it.