Devialet Chat
What album are you listening tonight? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Your Music (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Your-Music)
+--- Thread: What album are you listening tonight? (/Thread-What-album-are-you-listening-tonight)

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 06-Aug-2014

[Image: 480px-Led_Zeppelin_-_Led_Zeppelin_III.png]

Led Zeppelin - III
2014 remaster on Vinyl

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 06-Aug-2014

Led Zeppelin III? Not as good as II but Immigrant song is one of their very best. (Other opinions may vary). @Eddye How are you finding the latest remasters? I was thinking of investing in a copy.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 07-Aug-2014

(06-Aug-2014, 22:24)Confused Wrote: Led Zeppelin III? Not as good as II but Immigrant song is one of their very best. (Other opinions may vary). @Eddye How are you finding the latest remasters? I was thinking of investing in a copy.
I'm sorry to say I can't compare the new remasters to the originals, or earlier remaster, but the sound quality is excellent! From others who did compare, I heard it's an excellent remaster.
I also heard a few songs (from I, II and III) at my audiodealers on Dan D’Agostino with TAD reference, beautifull!

[Image: The_xx_-_Coexist.png]

The XX - Coexist
Stream from CD rip

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 07-Aug-2014

I actually have some original release Led Zeppelin Vinyl. (Early 70's) So perhaps it's down to me to do a comparison with the latest releases. If only I could remember where they are.......

(07-Aug-2014, 18:06)Confused Wrote: I actually have some original release Led Zeppelin Vinyl. (Early 70's) So perhaps it's down to me to do a comparison with the latest releases. If only I could remember where they are.......

If you indeed do compare the originals with the recent remaster, I'd like to know what you think. Still, I can't wait until the next two remastered albums are released. Gonna start saving for those Wink

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - thumb5 - 07-Aug-2014

Midlake "Antiphon", via Qobuz HiFi

[Image: Antiphon_album_cover.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Eddye - 08-Aug-2014

My Okki Nokki recordwasher arrived today (finally after more then 2 months). To test it I cleaned my secondhand copy of Jeff Wayne's musical version of War of the Worlds.

Washing the record has made an enormous difference. Fantastic sound, hardly anymore pops or crackles.

[Image: WayneTWOTW.jpg]

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - f1eng - 08-Aug-2014

At the moment I am watching the BBC Proms concert, Ravel left hand concerto followed by Mahler 5th.
2 favourites of mine.
Sound via Oppo 105/Parasound P7 and Devialet as power amp.

RE: What album are you listening tonight? - Confused - 08-Aug-2014

@Eddye - What are your first impressions of your Okki Nokki? I have been looking at similar from Moth and Clearaudio etc.