Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1 released! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1 released! (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - imprezap2 - 13-Jun-2015

Downloaded a new 8.1 firmware file from the site, now it is working fine again, bass not booming.
Very weird, or I did something wrong or the file has changed again from yesterday.

Devialet 200
Raidho X-1 (SAM file configured)
2x JL Audio Fathom F110
Ansuz Mainz 8 distribution block
2 Ansuz POM powecord
Ansuz POM speaker cables

Anyway, happy again, this sounds great again, subs well integrated with speakers.
(The Raidho's got so boomy with first time download of 8.1)

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Antoine - 13-Jun-2015

Just checked, firmware is exactly the same (bit for bit, CRC checksums are equal) as it was yesterday 14:14. Smile

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - imprezap2 - 13-Jun-2015

Ok that narrows it down to me doing something wrong :-)

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Dr Tone - 13-Jun-2015

(13-Jun-2015, 12:35)Antoine Wrote: I simply try not to focus on it too much and as long as I hear no -clear- differences that stand out over a longer period of time (to average or rule out suggestion, bias, local environmental influences, moods, dips and peaks in hearing abilities) all is fine with me. For me this way of "evaluating" performance is much more relaxed, personally I really 'hate' A-B' ing.

So far 8.0/8.1 is perfectly fine with me SQ wise! Smile

I couldn't agree more.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Axel - 13-Jun-2015

(13-Jun-2015, 14:28)Dr Tone Wrote:
(13-Jun-2015, 12:35)Antoine Wrote: I simply try not to focus on it too much and as long as I hear no -clear- differences that stand out over a longer period of time (to average or rule out suggestion, bias, local environmental influences, moods, dips and peaks in hearing abilities) all is fine with me. For me this way of "evaluating" performance is much more relaxed, personally I really 'hate' A-B' ing.

I couldn't agree more.

Me neither.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Dougiet - 13-Jun-2015

(13-Jun-2015, 14:32)Axel Wrote:
(13-Jun-2015, 14:28)Dr Tone Wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Me neither.

For what it's worth, me not either:-)

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Manoet - 13-Jun-2015

LOL, I wondered if anyone else was going to pick up on that. Too funny!

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Vincent - 13-Jun-2015

Wouldn't be so sure - I was also taking 8.1 for a spin and couldn't get away from a booming bass issue (D200, B&W CM10 S2, SAM on) Even wound the bass way back in via tone control, but something still wasn't right.

So, after seeing I wasn't alone I downloaded 8.1 again, upgraded firmware again, and using the same config the problem appears to have gone. Given that version control is a bit fluid I can't say it's a different firmware release I'm using, but the bass is now in good shape.
(13-Jun-2015, 13:08)imprezap2 Wrote: Ok that narrows it down to me doing something wrong :-)

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - F.F.R - 13-Jun-2015

Updated to 8.1 yesterday. SQ great, as always, but after maybe 30 min of normal playing an ominous smell of burnt electronics spread through the room. I immediately shut down the amplifier and let it cool down. Wondering if it was overheating I turned it back on and checked the temperature, 41 degrees, not hot.

The smell seems to originate form the powersocket, so i suspect a possibly faulty PSU?

Funny thing is that the amp works fine. I reinstalled the software, turned it on and it plays great. After a while though a metallic odor fills the room.

Is this normal for a Devialet 200? It´s quite new and I know some amplifiers need to burn off some oils and such, but I never experienced something like this. (It has never smelled of anything these first few months.)

Not saying firmware 8.1 has anything to do with this, but if someone else has experienced anything similar it might be a problem.

It´s plugged directly into the wall.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - f1eng - 13-Jun-2015

(13-Jun-2015, 19:04)F.F.R Wrote: Updated to 8.1 yesterday. SQ great, as always, but after maybe 30 min of normal playing an ominous smell of burnt electronics spread through the room. I immediately shut down the amplifier and let it cool down. Wondering if it was overheating I turned it back on and checked the temperature, 41 degrees, not hot.

The smell seems to originate form the powersocket, so i suspect a possibly faulty PSU?

Funny thing is that the amp works fine. I reinstalled the software, turned it on and it plays great. After a while though a metallic odor fills the room.

Is this normal for a Devialet 200? It´s quite new and I know some amplifiers need to burn off some oils and such, but I never experienced something like this. (It has never smelled of anything these first few months.)

Not saying firmware 8.1 has anything to do with this, but if someone else has experienced anything similar it might be a problem.

It´s plugged directly into the wall.

Sounds like poor connection between plug and socket. Any sign of arcing on the plug pins?