Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1 released! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1 released! (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Damon - 20-Jun-2015

OK, this is the help that Confused gave me:

"The 7.1.3 beta version is still available on the Devialet website, under the "assistance" section, then click on "Announcement". It's there, but very well hidden to be honest."

It was in the firmware 8.0 thread. It must have been removed; at least, I'm unable to find it at the moment. Possibly your dealer would have the 7.1.3 firmware as well?

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Manoet - 20-Jun-2015

I can also confirm it isn't there any longer which is where I got it a few weeks back. Fortunately I have it saved. Devialet probably figures the fewer FW versions they have floating around the fewer phone inquiries they have to field and less in-house FW cross-training. I'm sure little would please them more than everyone being on the same page FW-wise. Now if I could just figure a way to save my factory installed 7.1.2 as I'm convinced its a matter of time before FW upgrades are done summarily during warranty or service work. I'd be less paranoid about this becoming a reality if there wasn't such an obvious & concerted effort to make EVERY previous FW version unobtanium. I like having the option but I don't think Devialet likes or wants me to have that option figuring its their intellectual property... Devialet giveth and Devialet taketh away!

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Finn - 20-Jun-2015

Fw 7.1.3 is gone ? And i never try it

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Confused - 20-Jun-2015

I have just taken a look at Devialet's website. and yes, it appears that 7.1.3beta has been removed. Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if this has anything to do with some of the D200 reliability issues that have reported over recent months? Maybe just coincidence, but who knows, Devialet don't give much away.

If anyone is super desperate to try 7.1.3beta, I do have a copy on my PC. I am happy to email to anyone who is interested, although I would suggest it might be better to request from Devialet support in the first instance. That way, if there is an issue with 7.1.3beta, they might then inform you. Perhaps they just don't want to support to many options now?

Either way, If anyone does want a copy, let me know. Don't blame me if your D200 melts though!

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - AllenB - 20-Jun-2015

It would be interesting to know the 'raison d'être' for 7.1.3 given the way it appeared and now gone?

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - oxfordaudio - 20-Jun-2015

Confused, the overheating issue was caused by a small batch of filter boards that had an issue with a particular component, they have now reverted back to the component that had been used beforehand. I believe that it is only coincidence that the failures appeared at the same time that 7.1.3 was made available. Now that the issue has been identified, as soon as we receive the part, its a half hour board swap. If anyone who is reading this's Devialet is giving off a very strong smell of Iodine send us a message here and we should be able to get a replacement from Devialet and fit it in store.

No hassle, no charge. Remember, partial to biscuits or jerky

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Rufus McDufus - 20-Jun-2015

(20-Jun-2015, 09:14)oxfordaudio Wrote: Confused, the overheating issue was caused by a small batch of filter boards that had an issue with a particular component, they have now reverted back to the component that had been used beforehand. I believe that it is only coincidence that the failures appeared at the same time that 7.1.3 was made available. Now that the issue has been identified, as soon as we receive the part, its a half hour board swap. If anyone who is reading this's Devialet is giving off a very strong smell of Iodine send us a message here and we should be able to get a replacement from Devialet and fit it in store.

Ah that's interesting - is that the input power board with the Schurter filter on? They seemed to change it as a matter of course earlier this year when my unit was in for repair for what I thought was something separate. That said I did detect a slight burning smell at one point a few weeks before it went in for repair.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Confused - 20-Jun-2015

(20-Jun-2015, 09:14)oxfordaudio Wrote: Confused, the overheating issue was caused by a small batch of filter boards that had an issue with a particular component, they have now reverted back to the component that had been used beforehand. I believe that it is only coincidence that the failures appeared at the same time that 7.1.3 was made available. Now that the issue has been identified, as soon as we receive the part, its a half hour board swap. If anyone who is reading this's Devialet is giving off a very strong smell of Iodine send us a message here and we should be able to get a replacement from Devialet and fit it in store.

Good to have some feedback like this, stopping folks like me putting 2 + 2 together (7.1.3 vanishes at the same time DPM comes in + minor reliability issues) and making 5.  It would be nice if Devialet were a little more forthcoming with information, this might save lots of debate and confusion.  Although Devialet are so good at keeping tight lipped about almost everything, I doubt the KGB and Mossad combined could penetrate the Devialet secrets.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - imprezap2 - 20-Jun-2015

Ok thank you guys for the answers, I will resist the urge to try 7.1.3 beta for now

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Damon - 20-Jun-2015

I have it as well. I can email it to you if you send me a PM. I'm going to try the upgrade at some point myself; just haven't had time to do so. May even go to .... 8.1!

Thanks Oxford Audio for another excellent post. Also for Lewis and Hathaway Smile