Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1 released! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1 released! (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - F.F.R - 20-Jun-2015

(20-Jun-2015, 09:14)oxfordaudio Wrote: Confused, the overheating issue was caused by a small batch of filter boards that had an issue with a particular component, they have now reverted back to the component that had been used beforehand. I believe that it is only coincidence that the failures appeared at the same time that 7.1.3 was made available. Now that the issue has been identified, as soon as we receive the part, its a half hour board swap. If anyone who is reading this's Devialet is giving off a very strong smell of Iodine send us a message here and we should be able to get a replacement from Devialet and fit it in store.

No hassle, no charge. Remember, partial to biscuits or jerky

Brilliant. This is exactely what happened. Thank you!

Btw, the amp works fine? and the smell is reduced. Is it possible to use the amp until fixed or do I run the risk of breaking the amp?

Firmware 8.1 released! - Elztalbiker - 21-Jun-2015

Have had the smell with 8.0 also on the board of my companion

Sent by iPad

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - thumb5 - 21-Jun-2015

This seems to be quite a widespread problem! Same thing happened on my 200 companion.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Rufus McDufus - 21-Jun-2015

In my case the board post-smell (if it was that board) didn't seem to make any difference. I'm not convinced it was the reason for why I sent it in to Devialet either! I guess its effectiveness at filtering mains hash becomes less effective when the component's gone splat.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - thumb5 - 21-Jun-2015

My 200 went back to Devialet and they presumably replaced the board. Inscrutable as ever, there was no indication of what actually happened while it was away. It hasn't made any difference to the sound, which I find somewhat reassuring.

Firmware 8.1 released! - Robh - 21-Jun-2015

Since I have installed Firmware 8.1 the volume control of my preout stays variable even though I ticked the 'fixed' option. I can now only use my headphones while speakers are playing too. Anybody recognizes this problem?

My system: D800, Sasha WP, Beyerdynamic T1 headphones. Preout is configurated on the slave, it has been working until now.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - hk6230 - 21-Jun-2015

(21-Jun-2015, 10:21)Robh Wrote: Since I have installed Firmware 8.1 the volume control of my preout stays variable even though I ticked the 'fixed' option. I can now only use my headphones while speakers are playing too. Anybody recognizes this problem?

My system: D800, Sasha WP, Beyerdynamic T1 headphones. Preout is configurated on the slave, it has been working until now.

There's bug on configurator. When you edit your config file, select your pre-out and unselect mute applies to pre-out. When you want to just play thru your pre-out, mute your speaker and enjoy. With the new FW, mute is accessible by pressing and holding the mid bottom button. For convenience, you can also set one of the buttons to turn your pre-out on/off.

Firmware 8.1 released! - Robh - 21-Jun-2015

Thank you very much, a practical workaround!

I built the configuration in my account, downloaded the files to a spare set of SD's and loaded them in the D's. Then there was no output at all at the headphones. I remembered that this also happened yesterday, it only worked after editing the files directly from the SD's. So, I edited the SD's from yesterday, the way is was advised and it worked! I really see no difference at all between the configuration in my account and on the files. I guess there is more than one thing wrong with the configurator! Anyway, For now I am happy with the result.

Firmware 8.1 released! - salk61 - 21-Jun-2015

(20-Jun-2015, 08:18)Confused Wrote: I have just taken a look at Devialet's website. and yes, it appears that 7.1.3beta has been removed. Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if this has anything to do with some of the D200 reliability issues that have reported over recent months? Maybe just coincidence, but who knows, Devialet don't give much away.

If anyone is super desperate to try 7.1.3beta, I do have a copy on my PC. I am happy to email to anyone who is interested, although I would suggest it might be better to request from Devialet support in the first instance. That way, if there is an issue with 7.1.3beta, they might then inform you. Perhaps they just don't want to support to many options now?

Either way, If anyone does want a copy, let me know. Don't blame me if your D200 melts though!

Dear confused,
Can you email me the 7.1.3 beta at [email protected]
Thanks so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Mikeeo - 21-Jun-2015

Well,

Now I am 8.1 and I finally like it! The stuff is working and specially for me as vinyl person really appreciate the RAM function. Just put on Belafonte Carnegie Hall original pressing and toggled to RCA from RIAA 1973 and snap, everything got clear and so much better bringing out all those delicate background instruments etc.

Happy for 30 min so far...

The ICM on movies is really nice too.

/Mike