Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1 released! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1 released! (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Mikeeo - 22-Jun-2015

Hi again,

I guess I am not the only one but my companion just stopped to work and couldn't wake up with the regular restart on the unit. So i closed down the master and restarted AND then companion came alive again and have been playing good since then. By the way when deleting the FW files I noticed that only 15 remained??? Is that normal?
Anyone else with same experience!?

Then SAM seems to be different and quite some, now my speakers really bottom out and the system reduces volume etc to protect THOUGH it happens at volumes that before didn't have this problem! After reducing SAM to 30 % I do not have this problem. Yes I lost some parts of an octave but that deeper bass came at so low volume it wasn't practical anyway. Anyone else!?

Overall, RAM is super, ICT as well, scrolling between settings are so welcome.

SQ is to my ears better and with added balance between the bass, mid and top. For sure some of my 'trouble' recordings are now listenable. The system seem to be better in control with some added air between performances/instruments.

I enjoy again and hope any bugs stay away after the initial ones.

/Mike

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Sylvain27 - 22-Jun-2015

(22-Jun-2015, 12:29)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi again,

I guess I am not the only one but my companion just stopped to work and couldn't wake up with the regular restart on the unit. So i closed down the master and restarted AND then companion came alive again and have been playing good since then. By the way when deleting the FW files I noticed that only 15 remained??? Is that normal?

/Mike
Hello,
yes only 15 files remain after update. I already asked Devialet if it was normal but they did not answer my question.
Best regards,
  Sylvain

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - MusicFirst - 22-Jun-2015

/Mike

Mike

I have had the same experience with FW updates:  Started with 17 files and ended up with 15 after the update.  I have kept the original zip files of FW 7.1.1, 7.1.3 and 8.0.0 and go back to them when I back track to a previous version, so I don't know if one can re-install a 15 file version of the FW.  (I have elected to pass on 8.1.0 and am currently running 7.1.3.)

Kerry

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Confused - 22-Jun-2015

The Devialet deletes 2 files after a Firmware update, this is so that if you put the configuration and Firmware on one SD card and leave it in the amp, the amp does not repeatedly update the firmware when you power down. If you have dual mono, you need to lock the SD card before updating firmware in the first amp, assuming you want to update both amps with one SD card.

(22-Jun-2015, 12:48)Sylvain27 Wrote:

/Mike
Hello,
yes only 15 files remain after update. I already asked Devialet if it was normal but they did not answer my question.
Best regards,
  Sylvain
Thanks Sylvain! And that the companion went to sleep and then could be started by start the master is also normal or? Will happen over and over again?

/Mike

(22-Jun-2015, 13:07)Confused Wrote: The Devialet deletes 2 files after a Firmware update, this is so that if you put the configuration and Firmware on one SD card and leave it in the amp, the amp does not repeatedly update the firmware when you power down.  If you have dual mono, you need to lock the SD card before updating firmware in the first amp, assuming you want to update both amps with one SD card.

Ok, thanks for the input to this. So why did I need to restart my master to wake my companion that had been at to sleep?

/Mike

(22-Jun-2015, 13:05)MusicFirst Wrote:

/Mike

Mike

I have had the same experience with FW updates:  Started with 17 files and ended up with 15 after the update.  I have kept the original zip files of FW 7.1.1, 7.1.3 and 8.0.0 and go back to them when I back track to a previous version, so I don't know if one can re-install a 15 file version of the FW.  (I have elected to pass on 8.1.0 and am currently running 7.1.3.)

Kerry
Hi Kerry,

Well I followed Devs instructions to the point just to make sure everything would turn ok as with 8.0 everything went bad and there both master as companion after consecutive loading of FW lost their sound and I had the one channel phenomena.
I prefer 8.1 compared to 7.1.3. now at least in the short perspective. For me the added control in the top freq was very welcome. Perhaps lost a smidgen body in the mid but I am not sure as I have to little listening so far.

/Mike

Firmware 8.1 released! - salk61 - 22-Jun-2015

(22-Jun-2015, 13:07)Confused Wrote: The Devialet deletes 2 files after a Firmware update, this is so that if you put the configuration and Firmware on one SD card and leave it in the amp, the amp does not repeatedly update the firmware when you power down. If you have dual mono, you need to lock the SD card before updating firmware in the first amp, assuming you want to update both amps with one SD card.

Good idea, although I load the firmware update in both master and slave SD cards of my D800, that seems to work well too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your support, when I asked for a 7.1.3 file I got three responses, needless to say I was very pleasantly surprised. Nice to experience such harmony and comradeship amongst music lovers

Can anyone enlighten me how to start a new thread on tap talk for iPhone?

Thanks