Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1 released! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1 released! (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - pthierry - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 15:56)Antoine Wrote:
(12-Jun-2015, 14:22)Manoet Wrote: Happy this worked out for you Antoine... and so quickly as Devialet is many things, however I wouldn't count 'quick' among them!

Haha, I see what you mean! Big Grin Fortunately they were quick this time! Smile

(12-Jun-2015, 14:25)brit Wrote: Thanks for this Antoine, not that it affects me personally as I do not use a sub, or cross over filter settings.

Whilst I can applaud Devialet for fixing this issue in short time, I can not applaud the way in which they are issuing it! They should issue a new Version number and publicise it in the same way as they did the release of 8.1. It should not be left to you to broadcast the changes - maybe they will issue a round robin note, but I doubt it!

I believe that this is not the first time that Devialet have shown a laxness in their firmware issues (I seem to recall a similar issue with 7.1.1, which had a number of different dates applied to it).

David

Like the others above I also fully agree. And to make matters even worse: when Devialet got back to me they said they would attach the new firmware to the case but apparantly forgot to do so. So while replying back I also checked the website and found that the new firmware had already been uploaded to it. However they got back to me again and this time with the firmware attached to the case. Imagine my surprise that the attached firmware was already an older version. The timestamp of the IHM file inside the attached FW package was 12-6-2015 11:43 compared to 12-6-2015 14:13 on the website. Smile

(12-Jun-2015, 15:25)Rufus McDufus Wrote: But which sounds better - the new 8.1.0 or the old 8.1.0?
This is not helping my mild autism at all ...

LOL Big Grin

I have three versions now of 8.1 if you would like to try them I'll email them to you! Wink

If everybody is getting his personalised version of the firmware, we should start a collection and vote for the best Big Grin

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Antoine - 12-Jun-2015

Big Grin Big Grin

(forgot to add, I did use the most recent one, so the one on the website)

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - Manoet - 12-Jun-2015

If you haven't been there in the last 15-20 seconds, how can you be sure?

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - soundstorm - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 16:35)Manoet Wrote: If you haven't been there in the last 15-20 seconds, how can you be sure?

Big Grin Big Grin really funny

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - GuillaumeB - 12-Jun-2015

First impressions of 8.1 are positive. Not sure if it's quite as good as 7.1.3 but it's very close. And also I've got DPM on at the moment. Might try toggling that on and off.

Guillaume

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - mauidan - 12-Jun-2015

Just downloaded 8.1, the only file that has a different date than yesterday's download is ihm_0800.hex.

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - PhilP - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 17:57)GuillaumeB Wrote: First impressions of 8.1 are positive. Not sure if it's quite as good as 7.1.3 but it's very close. And also I've got DPM on at the moment. Might try toggling that on and off.

Guillaume

Yes, its funny but I think maybe 7.1.3 is still a bit better - slightly less analytical.  The main problem I have with 8.1 is with some vocals which are a bit harsh/grainy.  I've always associated those type of defects with noise in the system (EMI/RFI/mains) but I'm not sure why 8.1 should be worse in this respect. Perhaps DPM is part of the cause - worth trying switching it off anyway.

Firmware 8.1 released! - amabrok - 12-Jun-2015

(12-Jun-2015, 18:36)PhilP Wrote:
(12-Jun-2015, 17:57)GuillaumeB Wrote: First impressions of 8.1 are positive. Not sure if it's quite as good as 7.1.3 but it's very close. And also I've got DPM on at the moment. Might try toggling that on and off.

Guillaume

Yes, its funny but I think maybe 7.1.3 is still a bit better - slightly less analytical.  The main problem I have with 8.1 is with some vocals which are a bit harsh/grainy.  I've always associated those type of defects with noise in the system (EMI/RFI/mains) but I'm not sure why 8.1 should be worse in this respect. Perhaps DPM is part of the cause - worth trying switching it off anyway.

Actually I'm so much in love with 7.1.3 that I still resist firmware 8 and to date never tired any release , neither 8.0 nor 8.1.0 (both old and new).

I still can't believe that we have to denote releases by old and new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - rwjr44 - 12-Jun-2015

Okay. What did I miss? How many versions of 8.1 are there? Smile I have the initial version and will stick with it until....

RE: Firmware 8.1 released! - pthierry - 12-Jun-2015

Now that Devialet fixed the problem with the B&W 683 S2 SAM profile, 8.1 firmware is the best for me, as I can now combine SAM and tone control, which otherwise turned into a big mess of saturated bass at any listening level.