Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1.2 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1.2 released (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-2-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Infiniteloop - 29-Jun-2015

(29-Jun-2015, 22:26)blair.athol Wrote: Hey friends, might be not everyone agrees but I am just listening to Angus & Julia Stone's album Down the Way via Ethernet from my Mac and I feel the magic of 7.1.3 is back with 8.1.2.

I'm away from my Devialet right now on holiday, but just listened to 'Down the Way' via Qobuz on my MacBook Pro and headphones. Beautiful Album. Really glad you mentioned it on here!

Thank you.

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - samurai7595 - 30-Jun-2015

When upgrading from v8.1.0 to v8.1.2, do we need to reconfigure the unit via the online configurator utility or will the config used with v8.1.0 still work?

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Finn - 30-Jun-2015

Bravo devialet vith 8.1.2. The Feeling is back the bass is perfekt You are in the Right direktion

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Jean-Marie - 30-Jun-2015

(30-Jun-2015, 12:45)samurai7595 Wrote: When upgrading from v8.1.0 to v8.1.2, do we need to reconfigure the unit via the online configurator utility or will the config used with v8.1.0 still work?

The 8.1.0 config file worked perfectly for me with 8.1.2

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - AaronG - 30-Jun-2015

I like this 8.1.2!

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - AlexS - 30-Jun-2015

(28-Jun-2015, 09:12)Confused Wrote: Now I have a decision to make [...] The purist in me says SAM off until resolved, but on a quick listen last night, the Ref 5 SAM profile actually sounded really good, and given that this is an identical driver to the Blade this might make sense from a technical perspective.  

@Confused, the purist in you has a very valid point Smile Just let SAM go. I understand those what would like squeeze more bass out of their monitors. But what do you need SAM for, with speakers of such refinement and power as KEF Blades? They can stand for themselves... Also, the bass drivers in KEF Blades II and the Reference series are different (smaller) than in KEF Blades.

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Floyd67 - 30-Jun-2015

Tried 8.1.2 and IMO in my system it's still not as musical or as easy listen to as 7.1.3. It doesn't pass the foot tap test :-) To my ears music is smoother, more revealing in vocals and with instruments and not as harsh in the treble. It is more engaging and draws you into the music. Sounds fab!

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Confused - 30-Jun-2015

(30-Jun-2015, 15:21)AlexS Wrote:
(28-Jun-2015, 09:12)Confused Wrote: Now I have a decision to make [...] The purist in me says SAM off until resolved, but on a quick listen last night, the Ref 5 SAM profile actually sounded really good, and given that this is an identical driver to the Blade this might make sense from a technical perspective.  

@Confused, the purist in you has a very valid point Smile Just let SAM go. I understand those what would like squeeze more bass out of their monitors. But what do you need SAM for, with speakers of such refinement and power as KEF Blades? They can stand for themselves... Also, the bass drivers in KEF Blades II and the Reference series are different (smaller) than in KEF Blades.

The purist in me did not stick with "alternative" SAM profiles for very long!  I listened to one or two tracks on Sunday night that didn't sound quite right on Ref 5 SAM, so this this temporary fix was abandoned.   I'm back on ye olde 7.1.3 now, with classic V1 SAM that works.  And yes you are correct about the driver size, it was kind of in my head that they were the same size and I was just trying different things at the weekend, as much out of frustration that yet another firmware update had gone wrong.

As to SAM, it is true that the Blades have more than enough bass without SAM, but that is only part of the story, the phase and timing corrections do improve the quality of the bass.  With some music SAM can be quite an improvement, which is remarkable because the accuracy of the bass is one of the blades strong points. When you get these kind of improvements, it's very hard to go backwards sometimes.

As an update, Devialet support have been more than helpful so far, they have confirmed that they can recreate the issue (although I'm not sure how?) and are working on a fix.  Time will tell ......

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - PhilP - 30-Jun-2015

(30-Jun-2015, 17:21)Floyd67 Wrote: Tried 8.1.2 and IMO in my system it's still not as musical or as easy listen to as 7.1.3. It doesn't pass the foot tap test :-) To my ears music is smoother, more revealing in vocals and with instruments and not as harsh in the treble. It is more engaging and draws you into the music. Sounds fab!

I do tend to agree - I've switched back to 7.1.3 and it really sounds very good with wifi/AIR. I'm sure the hot weather in the UK helps - it certainly softens the sound

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - mauidan - 30-Jun-2015

(30-Jun-2015, 18:00)PhilP Wrote: I do tend to agree - I've switched back to 7.1.3 and it really sounds very good with wifi/AIR. I'm sure the hot weather in the UK helps - it certainly softens the sound

I finally got around to trying 7.1.3, IMO, it softens the sound top to bottom and it runs hotter than 7.1.1.

Guess it's time to try 8.1.2.