Devialet Chat
Firmware 8.1.2 released - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Firmware 8.1.2 released (/Thread-Firmware-8-1-2-released)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Rufus McDufus - 02-Jul-2015

Oh that's very clever - I like it!

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - GuillaumeB - 02-Jul-2015

(02-Jul-2015, 09:44)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Oh that's very clever - I like it!

+1

Guillaume

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - hk6230 - 02-Jul-2015

+1 I like it, too. I'm currently using the prism method. It's small but readable from 2m away.

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Bob Ryan - 02-Jul-2015

(02-Jul-2015, 11:03)hk6230 Wrote: +1 I like it, too. I'm currently using the prism method. It's small but readable from 2m away.

Opportunity for entrepreneurial person to produce such a device readable from 2 meter. I would buy.

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - PhilP - 02-Jul-2015

A 3D holographic projection floating just above the Devialet would be even better Smile

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - teddlesdee - 02-Jul-2015

(02-Jul-2015, 11:26)PhilP Wrote: A 3D holographic projection floating just above the Devialet would be even better Smile

I am still trying to work out how he did it! Huh

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - rwjr44 - 02-Jul-2015

(02-Jul-2015, 09:03)completeluxury Wrote: a well placed camera on the roof zooming in on the devialet displays streaming to an ipad on the couch is a much better solution than getting up to read the damn thing

My listening chair has wheels so in the rare case that I want to view/change anything, I just scoot it forward. Smile

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - JohnH - 02-Jul-2015

(02-Jul-2015, 14:14)teddlesdee Wrote: I am still trying to work out how he did it! Huh
I made the viewer using a piece of cardboard (a Christmas card, actually), a couple of very old mirrors I happened to have, plus some sticky tape to hold everything together.  You can buy small mirrors for hobby projects from craft stores extremely cheaply.  Mine was intended to be a "proof of concept" model, with a more permanent one to follow.  Four months later I'm still using the cardboard one.  This photo will give a better idea of its construction:

http://www.johnhpanos.com/dev_remote_viewer2.jpg

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - Divasson - 02-Jul-2015

I have been using mostly USB with a Mapleshade cable, since Toslink can't handle DSD or 192/24 from my Mac Mini, and Air was not at all stable with high sample rates (even Ethernet), and didn't work well with Audirvana (could not change properly sample rate). I was more or less happy - the Mapleshade cable improved a lot over the bog-standard USB cable I started using.

I have not tried Air since 7.1.1.

After installing 8.1.2, I routinely tried Air from Itunes, and found -to my surprise- that it was much better than USB on Audirvana! Much more 3D, more natural and organic, bass more connected with the rest of the frequency range. The music sounded "bigger". And, for the first time, totally stable, even on 192/24 or 176.4/24 - which always failed after 30 seconds at most.

The only disappointment is the lack of DSD support - both on the Itunes side and Air; and the fact that it still doesn't work well with Audirvana. But I still keep both USB and Audirvana - I only have to change programs. Still, a nuisance - cannot use them in playlists together with PCM

RE: Firmware 8.1.2 released - miro - 02-Jul-2015

(02-Jul-2015, 08:57)Rufus McDufus Wrote: You can but you have to get up to look at the display! That's maybe a good thing actually. Don't we want Devialet owners to be fit and live long lives and have more years left to buy future Devialets?

NO!!!!!  Dodgy

Devialet: you should really provide an upgraded Control App, so that we can change the % of SAM from our listening positions.