Devialet Chat
Most irritating issue as of now? - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Most irritating issue as of now? (/Thread-Most-irritating-issue-as-of-now)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - Pim - 08-Aug-2015

(07-Aug-2015, 12:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(06-Aug-2015, 08:55)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Aug-2015, 07:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I was going to say AIR but I'm listening through it now and it's working! ...I might be back...

See you later today or tomorrow….  Wink

No...still ok! Bugger, nothing to complain about...   Confused

1 single 24/96 song in my playlist and defeated...  Undecided   More crackling than you will find on a pork roast.

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - stefanfreij - 09-Aug-2015

A working remote app to my Apple Watch, then my life is complete!  Big Grin

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - Nemal1 - 11-Aug-2015

I'm still waiting for a response as to why SAM works on only the companion channel. I received a fairly useless reply almost a week ago asking which firmware I used and after that nothing.

If anyone's interested in purchasing a set of almost new D400's with a 40% discount, check my ads in this months Hi-Fi news and Hi-fi world.

I expect things to work from the off, not having to constantly tweak and modify!

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - completeluxury - 11-Aug-2015

nemal, can you post a picture of the online configurator main screen?

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - Hifi_swlon - 11-Aug-2015

(11-Aug-2015, 08:28)Nemal1 Wrote: I expect things to work from the off, not having to constantly tweak and modify!

Yes, I think most people expect that when they buy into Devialet - great looking kit, good reviews, fantastic marketing. Sadly ….

guys at the end of the day if you plugged in all your sources, connected some speakers and put power on noise would come out. you are GIVEN the option to tweak if you want but if you are just going to complain about it then dont. your devialet can act as a basic power amplifier.

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - Hifi_swlon - 11-Aug-2015

Applying SAM and using Air - both advertised features of the product - hardly seem like 'tweaks' to me?

I think people expect a bit more than 'getting noise to come out' of a high-end amplifier, and if they feel the product doesn't live up to expectation or perform as advertised, they are surely quite entitled to complain.

ive never actually tried to use air so i got nothing to offer here.

but things like sam not applying - theres probably more to the story. being a tradesman that used to do maintenance taught me one thing. what you are told is never 100% correct.

RE: Most irritating issue as of now? - Womaz - 11-Aug-2015

(11-Aug-2015, 10:08)completeluxury Wrote: guys at the end of the day if you plugged in all your sources, connected some speakers and put power on noise would come out.  you are GIVEN the option to tweak if you want but if you are just going to complain about it then dont. your devialet can act as a basic power amplifier.

I think you miss the point here by some way. A lot of us bought our Devialet products as a "one box solution" so expecting AIR to work for me was an absolute basic requirement after forking out 6k for the 200.

so what if the network is the problem? anything else but the devialet? is it still their fault?

ill actually try using air during the week and see if i have the same problems.