Devialet Chat
AIR and Win10 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: AIR and Win10 (/Thread-AIR-and-Win10)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: AIR and Win10 - warpeon - 10-Aug-2015

Any noticeable sound difference from win 10?

RE: AIR and Win10 - Confused - 10-Aug-2015

(10-Aug-2015, 15:43)warpeon Wrote: Any noticeable sound difference from win 10?

With maybe 5 or 6 hours listening last weekend, I did not notice any changes to sound quality.   More stable, yes.  Sound quality changes, no.

RE: AIR and Win10 - Womaz - 10-Aug-2015

You chaps are building my hopes up......although as a bit of a novice I would be scared to upgrade to Windows 10 as its the lap top I use for my work.

AIR and Win10 - NickB - 10-Aug-2015

Me to, my Win7 and Win 8.1 PC's used to break down in too broken sounds after 20-30 mins and then I had to stop and restart Air. Since upgrade to Win 10 no problems at all and I think it sounds clearer and cleaner now but might be wishful thinking.

Does this mean that Microsoft have rewritten Windows to work with Air 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: AIR and Win10 - completeluxury - 10-Aug-2015

could be the better clock timing i mentioned!

RE: AIR and Win10 - Rufus McDufus - 10-Aug-2015

Devialet theselves are going to be jumping for joy if this has really been fixed! (well, on Windows at any rate).

RE: AIR and Win10 - completeluxury - 10-Aug-2015

they always did say it was the OS's fault!

and i doubt they released a protocol that just plain doesnt work properly

RE: AIR and Win10 - hk6230 - 11-Aug-2015

I've been playing more than 10 hours now on AIR, with one minor issue. AIR may disconnect by itself. However, as I set 'always stream to it automatically" on setting, it will automatically reconnect. Sound break for maybe 1 second. But this happens only once during the 10 hours listening. So, this really looks promising.

RE: AIR and Win10 - Will - 11-Aug-2015

I have also upgraded to Windows 10 and, following comments posted here, changed my Devialet Air to default 96 khzs 24 bits and everything is playing perfectly.  I could play 44 khzs 16 bits, but could not play higher bit rates without problems.  Obviously, something has been fixed - either by Devialet in their latest update or by Microsoft.

RE: AIR and Win10 - hk6230 - 11-Aug-2015

(11-Aug-2015, 04:54)Will Wrote: I have also upgraded to Windows 10 and, following comments posted here, changed my Devialet Air to default 96 khzs 24 bits and everything is playing perfectly.  I could play 44 khzs 16 bits, but could not play higher bit rates without problems.  Obviously, something has been fixed - either by Devialet in their latest update or by Microsoft.

You can just leave the setting to default at 16bit/44.1kHz, it won't make any difference. It will automatically switch to higher setting for higher resolution music files.

May I know what kind of PC/Notebook you are using, and is it in the same room as your Devialet.