Devialet Chat
Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet News (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-News)
+--- Thread: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! (/Thread-Completely-OT-and-nowhere-else-to-put-it-Would-appreciate-a-quick-poll-answer)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - completeluxury - 08-Sep-2015

So i hate my current business name and im literally in the middle of changing it and rebranding. The main business i do (or am trying to do) is audio visual work.

I have 2 choices and im umming and erring about which way to go so im trying to get as many opinions as i can. Everyone here is generally clever and a good judge i would think.

Name 1:

Creatave installations.

Bit of a play on creative and AV, and i find when i show most people the word they still pronounce it the same as when its spelt properly. at a cursory glance for people who dont pick up straight away i would do something like this:

[Image: 2hrfxwk.png]

Name 2:

Bailey AVI

Bailey being my surname. AVI = AudioVisual and integration.

Appreciate poll answers or even posts greatly.

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - Pim - 08-Sep-2015

Bailey has a good ring to it mate. it's a strong and easy to remember name. I'm not a fan of names that indicate what you're like. (creative)

I worked with a guy who started a business and called it Prestige Installations.... nothing prestige about his work though.

All the best with your venture. BTW, where are you located?

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - completeluxury - 08-Sep-2015

im in perth!

I had a previous electrical business for 5 years but me and the business partner went our separate ways. ive had this one for almost exactly a year but things are progressing slowly.

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - Pim - 08-Sep-2015

(08-Sep-2015, 11:47)completeluxury Wrote: im in perth!

I had a previous electrical business for 5 years but me and the business partner went our separate ways. ive had this one for almost exactly a year but things are progressing slowly.

I guess the slow down in the mining industry doesn't help.

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - Rufus McDufus - 08-Sep-2015

'Creatave' grates a bit. I prefer Bailey AVI.

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - brit - 08-Sep-2015

Whilst I understand that Creatave is a play on words, it looks too much like a spelling mistake to meĀ  Rolleyes. Bailey AVI or Bailey Audio Visual Installation perhaps.

David

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - hk6230 - 08-Sep-2015

Bailey Audio Visual & Installation

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - GuillaumeB - 08-Sep-2015

(08-Sep-2015, 13:47)hk6230 Wrote: Bailey Audio Visual & Installation

yup... I like that!

Guillaume

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - krass - 08-Sep-2015

agree, Creatave doesn't work for me.
Plus, you'll forever be dogged by other people mis-spelling your name; think internet searches etc.

RE: Completely OT and nowhere else to put it. Would appreciate a quick poll answer! - bentrider - 08-Sep-2015

"Creative Installations" by itself gives me no clue about what you install creatively.

"Bailey AVI" isn't much better. "Bailey Audio Visual Installation (or is it Integration?)" says a lot more and puts your name with pride on the business so it won't be confused with similar companies.

Good luck with your business.