Devialet Chat
Something strange happened today! - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Phantom I (103 DB, 108 DB, Premier Classic, Silver & Gold) (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Phantom-I-103-DB-108-DB-Premier-Classic-Silver-Gold)
+--- Thread: Something strange happened today! (/Thread-Something-strange-happened-today)

Something strange happened today! - ChalleB - 04-Oct-2015

After days of perfect experiences with the phantom something strange happened this afternoon:
while I was listening to music i heard a loud click! then the music stopped suddenly followed by a very loud hissing noise.
i had to pull the plug to stop it
After I replugged and relaunched spark it worked again
anyone else had this experience?

RE: Something strange happened today! - Dvlt PhD - 06-Oct-2015

What the Hell....

RE: Something strange happened today! - angenet - 06-Oct-2015

Hi
Never experienced that noise here... But will start monitoring...
You better check with Devialet support if they've come accross similar issue recently...
Good luck

RE: Something strange happened today! - ChalleB - 06-Oct-2015

have asked Devialet, will post their reply when I get it.

RE: Something strange happened today! - Adams - 22-Oct-2015

I bought a Silver Phantom today, listened to it for a few hours with no issues then it did the same thing as you mentioned. Music stopped half way through a song and started hissing like the sound you used to get years ago when the tv channels went offline overnight.

I fast forwarded the track and the hissing went away but the track then started pausing for a couple of seconds and starting again for no reason.

I was pretty happy with the Phantom up until the above issues started. Hopefully it is just a glitch that I don't hear from again.

RE: Something strange happened today! - ChalleB - 22-Oct-2015

Yes, that's the same for me, but it only happened once. Devialet did some online tests then asked me a few weeks later for me to send them the actual audio file, but unfortuntley I couldn´t remember which tune I was playing when it happened, so they couldn´t do any more about it. But since the first and only time i happened all has been great and the Phantom seems to sound better and better everyday Smile

RE: Something strange happened today! - Charlemagne - 22-Oct-2015

(04-Oct-2015, 21:08)ChalleB Wrote: After days of perfect experiences with the phantom something strange happened this afternoon:
while I was listening to music i heard a loud click! then the music stopped suddenly followed by a very loud hissing noise.

Well, it seems that the white noise virus has infected the Phantoms as well... Huh

RE: Something strange happened today! - Cosmosound - 23-Oct-2015

(04-Oct-2015, 21:08)ChalleB Wrote: After days of perfect experiences with the phantom something strange happened this afternoon:

Probably a power voltage drop?