Devialet Chat
Original d'Atelier - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet Expert 400/800, Original d'Atelier, Expert 210/440/1000 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Expert-400-800-Original-d-Atelier-Expert-210-440-1000-Pro)
+--- Thread: Original d'Atelier (/Thread-Original-d-Atelier)

RE: Original d'Atelier - IanG-UK - 10-Jan-2016

Wow thank you very much Womaz, Warpeon, Chris, Aaron, Tyefighter, Elztalbiker, Brit, Ogs, Thumb5, Windler, Ht6230, Colonel66, Morten, Kerkhoffd - and anyone I have missed or spelled their name wrong - for the congratulations.

I'm don't know what specific NRG cable is supplied, Ht6230, other than it says NRG X on the europlug.

I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible.

As time passes, this Od'A for me will become the norm and my reference point will not be the 800 - it will be the Od'A I heard over previous days. So, as with all big boys toys, any initial delight will be tempered as time passes.

I'm also conscious from other fora that subscribers write absolutely glowing reviews of "Mark 2" products which replace the "Mark 1" versions they own and imply a distinct comparative inferiority of the earlier design which was, until quite recently, "the best thing since sliced bread".

Having said that I think Devialet should say something before too long about whether and when some or all of the changes will be retrofittable to the 800. And, indeed, to the other models which can accommodate the revised A and D boards if, perhaps, not the power supply modifications.

RE: Original d'Atelier - brit - 10-Jan-2016

(10-Jan-2016, 12:00)IanG-UK Wrote: Wow thank you very much Womaz, Warpeon, Chris, Aaron, Tyefighter, Elztalbiker, Brit, Ogs, Thumb5, Windler, Ht6230, Colonel66, Morten, Kerkhoffd - and anyone I have missed or spelled their name wrong - for the congratulations.

I'm don't know what specific NRG cable is supplied, Ht6230, other than it says NRG X on the europlug.

I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible.

As time passes, this Od'A for me will become the norm and my reference point will not be the 800 - it will be the Od'A I heard over previous days. So, as with all big boys toys, any initial delight will be tempered as time passes.

I'm also conscious from other fora that subscribers write absolutely glowing reviews of "Mark 2" products which replace the "Mark 1" versions they own and imply a distinct comparative inferiority of the earlier design which was, until quite recently, "the best thing since sliced bread".

Having said that I think Devialet should say something before too long about whether and when some or all of the changes will be retrofittable to the 800. And, indeed, to the other models which can accommodate the revised A and D boards if, perhaps, not the power supply modifications.

Hi Ian, 

I suspect that your statement  "I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible." says it all Tongue. Enjoy the music.

As an aside, did you manage to trade in your D800 or sell it privately?

David

RE: Original d'Atelier - IanG-UK - 10-Jan-2016

(10-Jan-2016, 12:30)brit Wrote: Hi Ian, 

I suspect that your statement  "I'm resisting saying anything about the sound because I've only used it for two days but mainly because it might only prove to be frustrating to others as I understand that the Od'A is pretty well sold out, and therefore inaccessible." says it all Tongue. Enjoy the music.

As an aside, did you manage to trade in your D800 or sell it privately?

David

Hi David

Sending you a PM

Ian

RE: Original d'Atelier - Cylob - 10-Jan-2016

@Ian

Frustrating to others? Their problem!
I think most of us just hope you will love it...
Enjoy it mate!

RE: Original d'Atelier - Womaz - 10-Jan-2016

(10-Jan-2016, 12:58)Cylob Wrote: @Ian

Enjoy it mate!

+ 1

I know that I will never be able to afford it anyway, so yes a tad jealous, but in a very good way.

RE: Original d'Atelier - Antoine - 10-Jan-2016

Enjoy it mate!

+1

And nice to see at least one pair going to an active member of Devialetchat instead of them all ending up in the collections of unpassionate oil sheiks etc. Wink

Congratulations Ian in acquiring this beautiful collectors item!! Smile

RE: Original d'Atelier - hk6230 - 10-Jan-2016

(10-Jan-2016, 12:00)IanG-UK Wrote: I'm don't know what specific NRG cable is supplied, Ht6230, other than it says NRG X on the europlug.

So, it is NRG-X3 as europlug has three pin.

RE: Original d'Atelier - Confused - 10-Jan-2016

A few tweets from Oxford Audio....

Stunned into silence by the sound of @devialet Original d'Atelier (Le 900) - just a revelation; what a shame that only 100 are being made

In total bliss land listening to @devialet Original d'Atelier (Le 900); another level of detail but presented as a natural whole; awesome!

RE: Original d'Atelier - Confused - 10-Jan-2016

Ian - I note that you are taking a fairly reserved stance to commenting on sound quality, for the reasons you explained.  All I can say to this is that if you are getting even a quarter of what AOC stating in their Twitter comments, I'm sure you must be pleased.

For me I would be happy to hear about sound quality improvements.  If the platform as it stands can be significantly improved, then this gives the prospect of some interesting future upgrades or even a killer new version one day.   If the platform is already fully optimised, then that would be rather dull in comparison.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you are enjoying your new "OdA" and that its dropped you down a few notches on the grumpy scale!

RE: Original d'Atelier - tyefighter - 10-Jan-2016

(10-Jan-2016, 14:27)Antoine Wrote:

Enjoy it mate!

+1

And nice to see at least one pair going to an active member of Devialetchat instead of them all ending up in the collections of unpassionate oil sheiks etc. Wink

Congratulations Ian in acquiring this beautiful collectors item!! Smile

whole heartily agree ...its fantastic to see a fellow DevialetChat member fortunate enough to become one of the few Big Grin