Devialet Chat
Another review of the 120 - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Devialet D-Premier, Expert 120/200/250, Expert 140/220/250 Pro (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-D-Premier-Expert-120-200-250-Expert-140-220-250-Pro)
+--- Thread: Another review of the 120 (/Thread-Another-review-of-the-120)

Another review of the 120 - Bob Ryan - 17-Dec-2015

Audiophile Audition has a review of Devialet 120. I've followed AA for years, reading music and movie reviews they post. In fact I have won two of their giveaways over some years, which by know means makes me a schill for their website, only a follower who finds the website useful. Note in review of 120, AA reviewer and editor express opinion that Devialet digital wasn't quite as good sounding as their Lyngdorf CD player. I sometimes miss the sound from my old Esoteric CD/SACD player, and being completely candid, my Esoteric player bested all the digital streamer/network players I've heard thus far, and I've heard (and owned) a few good ones to include Lumin A1. That said I like controlling files by UPNP app and freeing up space that my large physical media library took up.

RE: Another review of the 120 - Flashman - 17-Dec-2015

(17-Dec-2015, 14:47)Bob Ryan Wrote: Audiophile Audition has a review of Devialet 120. I've followed AA for years, reading music and movie reviews they post. In fact I have won two of their giveaways over some years, which by know means makes me a schill for their website, only a follower who finds the website useful. Note in review of 120, AA reviewer and editor express opinion that Devialet digital wasn't quite as good sounding as their Lyngdorf CD player. I sometimes miss the sound from my old Esoteric CD/SACD player, and being completely candid, my Esoteric player bested all the digital streamer/network players I've heard thus far, and I've heard (and owned) a few good ones to include Lumin A1. That said I like controlling files by UPNP app and freeing up space that my large physical media library took up.

From time to time, I find myself schizophrenic about my Devialet 200.  I thoroughly love the simplicity, resolution and appearance but sometimes miss that bit of warmth that I got from past audio equipment.  All told, however, I am never going back!

RE: Another review of the 120 - Pim - 17-Dec-2015

(17-Dec-2015, 19:01)Flashman Wrote:
(17-Dec-2015, 14:47)Bob Ryan Wrote: Audiophile Audition has a review of Devialet 120. I've followed AA for years, reading music and movie reviews they post. In fact I have won two of their giveaways over some years, which by know means makes me a schill for their website, only a follower who finds the website useful. Note in review of 120, AA reviewer and editor express opinion that Devialet digital wasn't quite as good sounding as their Lyngdorf CD player. I sometimes miss the sound from my old Esoteric CD/SACD player, and being completely candid, my Esoteric player bested all the digital streamer/network players I've heard thus far, and I've heard (and owned) a few good ones to include Lumin A1. That said I like controlling files by UPNP app and freeing up space that my large physical media library took up.

From time to time, I find myself schizophrenic about my Devialet 200.  I thoroughly love the simplicity, resolution and appearance but sometimes miss that bit of warmth that I got from past audio equipment.  All told, however, I am never going back!
Want more warmth? Try putting your speakers closer to each other.

RE: Another review of the 120 - samurai7595 - 18-Dec-2015

Want more warmth?

Put on a nice thick sweater... LOL Tongue

RE: Another review of the 120 - goflyshirley - 18-Dec-2015

(18-Dec-2015, 13:30)samurai7595 Wrote: Want more warmth?

Put on a nice thick sweater... LOL  Tongue

Well, theoretically the nice thick sweater would have to go on the Devialet! ;-)