Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 29-Apr-2016

(29-Apr-2016, 10:40)ogs Wrote: 69 USD. I agree with Borgen, a bit too much

That is I bit to much yes. I got a price for 90 USD with sonicTransporter and iFI PSU, the bundle that SmallGreenComputer sells if I were to buy it from them.

http://microjukebox.com/products/sonictransporter-microrendu-ifi-ipower-bundle

Another thing, in the mail from Sonore both buy links will take me to the option for a microRendu and iFi PSU, anyone else seen that?

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 29-Apr-2016

(29-Apr-2016, 11:04)GuillaumeB Wrote: ….
I say get the best LPS you can afford and stick a Mutec 3+ USB at the front for re-clocking duties and conversion to AES. Will still work out cheaper than many dedicated renderers.

Hang on! This device is meant to make everything else (bar the LPS) somewhat redundant! Wink
I'm going to start with the ifi because if it sounds better than my Mac or Mac/intona with that PSU, I know there is more to come in the future with an LPS upgrade. Otherwsie it's potentially chucking a lot of extra dosh away on an LPS that I'd have no other use for.

(29-Apr-2016, 11:04)GuillaumeB Wrote: Will it sound better though? There is still the issue of network optimisations and storage devices to factor in though, particularly if comparing to a Melco or Aurender. 

Well, again, all meant to be made redundant! I know, I know, but just saying where they're pitching it…

(29-Apr-2016, 11:04)GuillaumeB Wrote: I remember the glowing review Chris Connaker gave the Auralic Aries, to my ears (and a few others that came here when I had it) it didn't cut the mustard.

I never saw that review but can't argue with that, the Aries doesn't seem to be so high on people's lists now anyway.
And the review does read slightly like an 'infomercial' to be fair, but the parting quote is the system is the best that he's heard, and that has to stack up to the likes of the Aurender N10 & W20 to name a couple. If we take that even close to face value, there's a lot of potential. But I won't be taking any prisoners if it isn't any good (even with the ifi). The Regen didn't last long with me, and if this has the same sort of impact, it will be straight up for sale and/or offered to others to test in their systems…..

RE: Sonore Streamers - ogs - 29-Apr-2016

Chris Connaker certainly has different priorities. As Hifi_swlon says he did not like the 200/400 enough to put them on his list. Anyway I will decide for my self when I hear the microRendu in my own system. I am also sceptical to the SMPS iFi, but that is all I can afford at the moment!

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 29-Apr-2016

I fully agree with Hifi_swlon. The microRendu is designed to tackle many of the known issues in computer audio. It's built from the ground up by people who I think understand these issues in both software and hardware. But of course we'll have to wait and see if the device will address the issues and to what degree. If it does what it is designed to do it'll indeed render a lot of the current workarounds redundant. Chris Connaker for example already mentioned that the device sounds the same regardless of the way he fed the ethernet port of the microRendu. I myself will have to see (hear) for myself and will try my fiber optic converters, different LAN cables and high quality EMO ethernet isolator for example.

The Regen, for me, was great but I later found even better solutions to tackle the same/similar issues it tried to tackle. Of course the same could (or will?) happen with the microRendu. A better understanding of the issues mentioned above and how to tackle them currently fuels progress at a very high speed. That's why I personally am very hesitant to buy expensive off the shelf solutions like the Aurenders.

Although I'm currently confident the microRendu will outperform it, I will not immediately try sell my current DIY music server and everything that surrounds it. I'll compare first. With the microRendu I feel the cards are shuffled and a new round of the game starts. We and the rest of the community will come to a consensus on how good it is and what of the current tweaks/workarounds have really become redundant in practice. This'll take some time but we'll get our answers. Smile

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 29-Apr-2016

(29-Apr-2016, 11:07)octaviars Wrote: <cut>
Another thing, in the mail from Sonore both buy links will take me to the option for a microRendu and iFi PSU, anyone else seen that?

I've received two emails from Sonore, the second one has fixed links. It came about an hour after the first one.

RE: Sonore Streamers - GuillaumeB - 29-Apr-2016

(29-Apr-2016, 11:58)Antoine Wrote: I fully agree with Hifi_swlon. The microRendu is designed to tackle many of the known issues in computer audio. It's built from the ground up by people who I think understand these issues in both software and hardware. But of course we'll have to wait and see if the device will address the issues and to what degree. If it does what it is designed to do it'll indeed render a lot of the current workarounds redundant. Chris Connaker for example already mentioned that the device sounds the same regardless of the way he fed the ethernet port of the microRendu. I myself will have to see (hear) for myself and will try my fiber optic converters, different LAN cables and high quality EMO ethernet isolator for example.

The Regen, for me, was great but I later found even better solutions to tackle the same/similar issues it tried to tackle. Of course the same could (or will?) happen with the microRendu. A better understanding of the issues mentioned above and how to tackle them currently fuels progress at a very high speed. That's why I personally am very hesitant to buy expensive off the shelf solutions like the Aurenders.

Although I'm currently confident the microRendu will outperform it, I will not immediately try sell my current DIY music server and everything that surrounds it. I'll compare first. With the microRendu I feel the cards are shuffled and a new round of the game starts. We and the rest of the community will come to a consensus on how good it is and what of the current tweaks/workarounds have really become redundant in practice. This'll take some time but we'll get our answers. Smile

Fascinating stuff! It's definitely got my interest but I will naturally remain sceptical until I hear the thing in my own setup. 

Since I already own the totaldac d1 server (+ very posh AES/EBU cable) I'm not going to rush out and buy one. However folks are more than welcome to ship theirs to me for an objective appraisal! If it's better than the totaldac then I will be very excited and you will all get to hear about it. I love disruptive technologies  Big Grin

Guillaume

(29-Apr-2016, 12:35)Antoine Wrote:

I've received two emails from Sonore, the second one has fixed links. It came about an hour after the first one.

Gaaa I delited one of them and of course it was the one with the right link. Can someone please PM me the right link to the option without a PSU.

(29-Apr-2016, 13:25)octaviars Wrote:
(29-Apr-2016, 12:35)Antoine Wrote:

Gaaa I delited one of them and of course it was the one with the right link. Can someone please PM me the right link to the option without a PSU.

Got the link now.

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 30-Apr-2016

I will also get the microRendu, planing on building a PSU with regulator (7VDC) from Paul Haynes and R-core transformer. Saw that the maker of microRendu comented Pauls PSU on Computer Audiophile and he thougt the specs looked really good. Will connect the microRendu with my Cabledyne USB cable that I used with my Aries.

Will start with Bubble upnp app to se how I like the microRendu and if it is ok I perhaps will get a sonicTransport and ROON.

RE: Sonore Streamers - GuillaumeB - 30-Apr-2016

(30-Apr-2016, 08:48)octaviars Wrote: I will also get the microRendu,  planing on building a PSU with regulator (7VDC) from Paul Haynes and R-core transformer. Saw that the maker of microRendu comented Pauls PSU on Computer Audiophile and he thougt the specs looked really good.  Will connect the microRendu with my Cabledyne USB cable that I used with my Aries.

Will start with Bubble upnp app to se how I like the microRendu and if it is ok I perhaps will get a sonicTransport and ROON.

So does the microRendu still need a computer to run ROON core?

Guillaume