Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 30-Apr-2016

(30-Apr-2016, 08:48)octaviars Wrote: I will also get the microRendu, planing on building a PSU with regulator (7VDC) from Paul Haynes and R-core transformer. Saw that the maker of microRendu comented Pauls PSU on Computer Audiophile and he thougt the specs looked really good. Will connect the microRendu with my Cabledyne USB cable that I used with my Aries.

Will start with Bubble upnp app to se how I like the microRendu and if it is ok I perhaps will get a sonicTransport and ROON.

Cool! I've explored a lot of options yesterday and think I've almost made my mind up for the PSU myself as well. Like you the Paul Hynes stuff is on the top of my list, probably a SR3 ready built PSU of 7V. The other strong contender is Teddy Pardo. Need to ask Hynes but if it's easy and possible to adjust the voltage later to 6.2 or 6.3V (so I could repurpose it for my Mutec if I would like to use a different PSU for the microrendu in the future) I'll probably order it.

(30-Apr-2016, 08:55)GuillaumeB Wrote: So does the microRendu still need a computer to run ROON core?

Guillaume

Yes, you'll need a computer (or powerful NAS) to run the Roon Core. The microRendu in a Roon setup is designed to be the 'lean and mean' renderer/Roon Bridge. It's officially "Roon Ready".

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 30-Apr-2016

(30-Apr-2016, 08:55)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 08:48)octaviars Wrote: I will also get the microRendu,  planing on building a PSU with regulator (7VDC) from Paul Haynes and R-core transformer. Saw that the maker of microRendu comented Pauls PSU on Computer Audiophile and he thougt the specs looked really good.  Will connect the microRendu with my Cabledyne USB cable that I used with my Aries.

Will start with Bubble upnp app to se how I like the microRendu and if it is ok I perhaps will get a sonicTransport and ROON.

So does the microRendu still need a computer to run ROON core?

Guillaume

Yes you need some sort of computer to run ROON, the microRendu is just and endpoint. 

The sonicTransport from small green computer is what I have in mind, small and no fans and around 8 watt of powerconsumption. Comes with ROON server built in.

There will come players with everything built in but I like to have the computer away from the endpoint, the whole point with the microRendu as I see it.

(30-Apr-2016, 09:19)Antoine Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 08:48)octaviars Wrote: I will also get the microRendu,  planing on building a PSU with regulator (7VDC) from Paul Haynes and R-core transformer. Saw that the maker of microRendu comented Pauls PSU on Computer Audiophile and he thougt the specs looked really good.  Will connect the microRendu with my Cabledyne USB cable that I used with my Aries.

Cool! I've explored a lot of options yesterday and think I've almost made my mind up for the PSU myself as well. Like you the Paul Hynes stuff is on the top of my list, probably a SR3 ready built PSU of 7V. The other strong contender is Teddy Pardo. Need to ask Hynes but if it's easy and possible to adjust the voltage later to 6.2 or 6.3V (so I could repurpose it for my Mutec if I would like to use a different PSU for the microrendu in the future) I'll probably order it.

(30-Apr-2016, 08:55)GuillaumeB Wrote: So does the microRendu still need a computer to run ROON core?

Guillaume

Yes, you'll need a computer (or powerful NAS) to run the Roon Core. The microRendu in a Roon setup is designed to be the 'lean and mean' renderer/Roon Bridge. It's officially "Roon Ready".

I saw some discusion about Paul Haynes and Teddy Pardo and as I remember the Haynes PSU had better performance.

Yes I agree, the Hynes usually comes out on top. Smile

Did any of you guys who ordered receive some kind of confirmation from Sonore? All I have thus far is a Paypal receipt. Thanks!

(30-Apr-2016, 09:26)Antoine Wrote: Yes I agree, the Hynes usually comes out on top. Smile

He was very fast to responde to my questions and he was very interested in me trying his PSU on a microRendu. 

I will talk more to Paul next week about building a top notch PSU for the microRendu. I will build it according to his specs but I feel confident to put it together my self.

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 30-Apr-2016

(30-Apr-2016, 09:32)Antoine Wrote: Did any of you guys who ordered receive some kind of confirmation from Sonore? All I have thus far is a Paypal receipt. Thanks!

Not, not yet.  Just the paypal receipt.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Borgen - 30-Apr-2016

(30-Apr-2016, 09:55)octaviars Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 09:26)Antoine Wrote: Yes I agree, the Hynes usually comes out on top. Smile

He was very fast to responde to my questions and he was very interested in me trying his PSU on a microRendu. 

I will talk more to Paul next week about building a top notch PSU for the microRendu. I will build it according to his specs but I feel confident to put it together my self.

It would be great if you could keep us updated on specs and price, this PSU may be interesting for several others too.

(30-Apr-2016, 15:07)Borgen Wrote:
(30-Apr-2016, 09:55)octaviars Wrote:

It would be great if you could keep us updated on specs and price, this PSU may be interesting for several others too.

I will do that. 

My plans were first to make a PSU that could drive my fiberconverter, router and the microRendu but after some discusion about the effects of SMPS I decided to start with a really good PSU for the microRendu, that I have not yet talked to Paul Haynes about just making the best for the microRendu.

Ordered a microRendu today from Andrew at Small Green computer, it will ship on monday he said. Hopfully it will not get stuck in customs. Got the iFi PSU with it but something better is going to be built and with only 7V as I asume the 9V from the iFi is generating more heat in the microRendu.