Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 03-May-2016

Don't want to cross post it here so I'll just link to it for those that are interested. I updated my system topic with the advances in the search of a PSU for the microRendu. Post is here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=46&pid=40129#pid40129

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 03-May-2016

Looks like Sonore sold out their first batch. No idea how big it was.

http://www.microrendu.sonore.us/

Quote:AVAILABILITY
Accepting pre-orders for June delivery

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 04-May-2016

Some new information on the pricing of the upcoming Uptone Audio 'mystery psu':

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f27-uptone-audio-sponsored/uptone-audio-regen-power-supply-add-24963/index26.html#post538628

Quote:Well the BoM (bill of materials) is mostly added up (some discrepancy--read surprise increase--on the case cost still needs to be resolved), and we have PCB fabrication/population quotes from 1 of the 3 vendors I put it out to bid on. Our original target retail price was $300, but the way it is looking it will have to be between $350-400. There is a LOT of stuff (214 parts to be precise) on both sides of this 106mm x 100mm 4-layer board!

Initially I've read estimations of ~$250.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 04-May-2016

How about a 6v motorcycle battery? High power, total isolation from mains, nearer $50 than $2400 or whatever, plus it would look mighty fine on your rack.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 04-May-2016

Unfortunately it's much more complicated. You'd still need to regulate the voltage as a battery's voltage is higher fully charged and gradually lowers as it empties. A high quality low noise regulation stage is expensive and requires many parts. Also batteries aren't as noisefree as many people think and their output impedance is higher than a good linear PSU and varies with it's remaining charge. You'd also need electronics to charge it. Batteries age and with it their parameters (capacity, output impedance etc.) change.

Good power quality in HiFi is of the utmost importance and expensive, there are no shortcuts only compromises. Smile

RE: Sonore Streamers - Petter - 04-May-2016

Sad signature series power supply usd 2 589,- on page but when adding to basket it is 1589,- ???
They surley know how to get must out of it !!

Signature Series Power Supply
Item # SS PS with Synergistic fuses
Options: power supply with Synergistic fuses, Voltage: 240VAC

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 04-May-2016

(04-May-2016, 17:56)Petter Wrote: Sad signature series power supply usd 2 589,- on page but when adding to basket it is 1589,- ???

Quick, order one now!! Wink

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 04-May-2016

Actually, I've seen some posts on the Uptone forum just now where they think the 2K MSRP is a typo as they were lead to believe it would be in the $1,399 region. So things might be looking up... I think I'll still look for alternates (assuming the Rendu is any good, which assumes it will one day get despatched Wink)

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 04-May-2016

microRendu is in Da House!

Just received it along with the iFi  power supply.  Took all of about 10 minutes to unpack it,  hook it up to my Dev 200, select the Roon app for it, and enable it in Roon audio. Piece of cake!  Probably took me as long to apply the tiny little rubber feet than getting it to work.  Total piece of cake.

Now, I can't speak to sound quality just yet but based on all of maybe 20 minutes listening, it sounds pretty awesome and probably every bit as good as AIR if not better.  But give me a few days and a chance to switch back and forth between it and AIR and I'll report back.

Question for all of you that have already been using USB input to the Dev ... While my Devialet is 10 months old, this is the first I've used the USB input.   Have you found that the USB input benefits from break-in?   Just curious.

One very minor disappointment...   It comes with a USB type A male to type B male adapter.  Unfortunately, if you're using the Devialet RCA inputs closest to the USB port on the back of the Devialet (or at least, on my 200), you won't be able to align the mRendu to use the adapter.   Perhaps if the RCA connectors you plug into the Devialet were just slightly smaller, it might work.  Not a problem really since I have a nice 1' USB type A to type B cable that works nicely.

Woohoo... like Christmas in May!

RE: Sonore Streamers - GuillaumeB - 04-May-2016

(04-May-2016, 19:36)mdconnelly Wrote: microRendu is in Da House!

Just received it along with the iFi  power supply.  Took all of about 10 minutes to unpack it,  hook it up to my Dev 200, select the Roon app for it, and enable it in Roon audio. Piece of cake!  Probably took me as long to apply the tiny little rubber feet than getting it to work.  Total piece of cake.

Now, I can't speak to sound quality just yet but based on all of maybe 20 minutes listening, it sounds pretty awesome and probably every bit as good as AIR if not better.  But give me a few days and a chance to switch back and forth between it and AIR and I'll report back.

Question for all of you that have already been using USB input to the Dev ... While my Devialet is 10 months old, this is the first I've used the USB input.   Have you found that the USB input benefits from break-in?   Just curious.

One very minor disappointment...   It comes with a USB type A male to type B male adapter.  Unfortunately, if you're using the Devialet RCA inputs closest to the USB port on the back of the Devialet (or at least, on my 200), you won't be able to align the mRendu to use the adapter.   Perhaps if the RCA connectors you plug into the Devialet were just slightly smaller, it might work.  Not a problem really since I have a nice 1' USB type A to type B cable that works nicely.

Woohoo... like Christmas in May!

Now that is exciting!  Smile 

Guillaume