Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 06-May-2016

Mine (paypal receipt email) was 29th April @ 08:34. Still hasn't left the States yet....

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 06-May-2016

Mine: friday 29 apr 2016 09:29:30 CEST so like five minutes before Hifi_swlon.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Borgen - 06-May-2016

Mine:
- Purchase thu. 28. apr. 2016 22:18:45 GMT-07:00
- shipping status:
May 5, 2016 , 11:15 amDeparted

New York, UNITED STATES

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 07-May-2016

Got the mail that my microRendu is shipped Smile now one just have to wait for it and hope it doesn't get caught in customs......

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 07-May-2016

OK, 3 days in with the uRendu (iFi power) and I spent A LOT of time well into the morning last night listening to it an comparing to AIR. (and I will say that AIR chose to behave it self last night for which I was ever-most grateful).

First, a minor bit of background.... because AIR gave me nothing but headaches when I first bought my Dev 200 10 months ago, I mostly used a Squeezebox Touch for streaming to it.  That is what first sold me on the Devialet and I thought it sounded great.   But I was able to get AIR working long enough to have the time to compare it to the SB Touch.  And, well, AIR sounded a bit better. Not dramatically so, but a bit less glare, a bit more meat-on-the-bones SQ.   But, it was the reason I wanted AIR to work and became so frustrated when it wouldn't do so consistently.

So let me say - for me, my system, my ears - the uRendu has dethrowned AIR and worth every bit of that $700.  Just more there there.... More detail, bigger sound stage, better bass definition and instruments and voices better defined in space.  I still wouldn't call it a dramatic difference (as in, say, a Dev 200 vs Dev 800), but the improvement is clear and I'm loving what I'm hearing.

I do think it does take some time for breakin although I'm not certain if it's the uRendu, my Dev USB port or my ears that are doing the breaking in.   What I was hearing last night was better than what I heard just 3 nights ago. 

What has me scratching my head is that this is with the $49 iFi power supply.   Given all I've read about the benefits of a better supply,  I am really curious just what the $1400 Sonore power supply could do better.  It will be very interesting to read posts as people start to get the time to do such comparisons.

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 07-May-2016

(07-May-2016, 19:58)mdconnelly Wrote: OK, 3 days in with the uRendu (iFi power) and I spent A LOT of time well into the morning last night listening to it an comparing to AIR. (and I will say that AIR chose to behave it self last night for which I was ever-most grateful).

First, a minor bit of background.... because AIR gave me nothing but headaches when I first bought my Dev 200 10 months ago, I mostly used a Squeezebox Touch for streaming to it.  That is what first sold me on the Devialet and I thought it sounded great.   But I was able to get AIR working long enough to have the time to compare it to the SB Touch.  And, well, AIR sounded a bit better. Not dramatically so, but a bit less glare, a bit more meat-on-the-bones SQ.   But, it was the reason I wanted AIR to work and became so frustrated when it wouldn't do so consistently.

So let me say - for me, my system, my ears - the uRendu has dethrowned AIR and worth every bit of that $700.  Just more there there.... More detail, bigger sound stage, better bass definition and instruments and voices better defined in space.  I still wouldn't call it a dramatic difference (as in, say, a Dev 200 vs Dev 800), but the improvement is clear and I'm loving what I'm hearing.

I do think it does take some time for breakin although I'm not certain if it's the uRendu, my Dev USB port or my ears that are doing the breaking in.   What I was hearing last night was better than what I heard just 3 nights ago. 

What has me scratching my head is that this is with the $49 iFi power supply.   Given all I've read about the benefits of a better supply,  I am really curious just what the $1400 Sonore power supply could do better.  It will be very interesting to read posts as people start to get the time to do such comparisons.

Nice to hear that, cant wait to get mine. I also ordered a iFi to start with but I have plans to get a Paul Haynes PSU in the future.

What USB cable do you use? I will use my Cabledyne Silver USB that I used with my Aries.

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 07-May-2016

(07-May-2016, 20:17)octaviars Wrote:
(07-May-2016, 19:58)mdconnelly Wrote: OK, 3 days in with the uRendu (iFi power) and I spent A LOT of time well into the morning last night listening to it an comparing to AIR. (and I will say that AIR chose to behave it self last night for which I was ever-most grateful).

Nice to hear that, cant wait to get mine. I also ordered a iFi to start with but I have plans to get a Paul Haynes PSU in the future.

What USB cable do you use? I will use my Cabledyne Silver USB that I used with my Aries.

It's just a 1' generic USB 2.0 cable that I had laying around.  I've never used a USB DAC (before now) so I've not delved into that moneypit just yet.  I'm open to suggestions... I'll check on the Cabledyne Silver USB.  While I believe there are sonic differences between cables, comparing them just makes me nuts.

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 08-May-2016

I have mine plugged straight into the back of the D400 using the hard adapter that came with it.

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 08-May-2016

(08-May-2016, 00:29)baddog Wrote: I have mine plugged straight into the back of the D400 using the hard adapter that came with it.

Do you have anything to support the microRendu?  I dont think I have room behind my D400 to use the hard adapter but I might consider to rebuild my rack so it can fit behind.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 08-May-2016

mdconnelly - an excellent write up! And congratulations, I think this is the first ever mini-review of a microRendu with a Devialet. I have to say, your initial findings look very promising, it has certainly got me thinking......