Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 12-May-2016

(11-May-2016, 19:24)Confused Wrote: AIR 3 is Mac only at the moment, I suggest you sell your microRendu fast to a long suffering Windows AIR user .......

Interestingly I've already had offers for taking it off my hands on another forum just from suggesting that there's a chance AIR3 will make it redundant (I did say I was going to try to be optimistic). So I'm guessing they're in reasonable demand which is reassuring....

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 12-May-2016

My mR cleared customs last evening and using the app of my postal company I can see it's now in a truck out for delivery today somewhere between 15:30-19:30. So if I don't miss the delivery guy I should have it today.

The app also specifies the total of VAT/customs duties, which I need to pay to the delivery guy, and it's only €36! Smile Since I believe the standard handling fee is around €20,- that leaves very little for VAT, well done Sonore! Wink

(12-May-2016, 09:48)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(11-May-2016, 19:24)Confused Wrote: AIR 3 is Mac only at the moment, I suggest you sell your microRendu fast to a long suffering Windows AIR user .......

Interestingly I've already had offers for taking it off my hands on another forum just from suggesting that there's a chance AIR3 will make it redundant (I did say I was going to try to be optimistic). So I'm guessing they're in reasonable demand which is reassuring....

You shouldn't worry so much! Smile It already is in high demand and that demand will probably only grow more once more of the early adopters and reviewers discuss it.

Also I can't imagine AIR3 will suddenly close the gap in SQ. If I look back at the steps I've made in SQ improvements since leaving AIR that would be nothing short of miraculous. And even though I would love to get rid of it all and go back to an easy AIR solution (which I did happily use for around two years) I just don't see that happening yet, not until Devialet revises that crappy DUET board inside the Expert. Wink

Sonore Streamers - nicoludio - 12-May-2016

Interesting comparison between uRendu, Aurender N10 (&W20):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787020/review-comparison-of-5-high-end-digital-music-servers-aurender-n10-cad-cat-server-totaldac-d1-server-auralic-aries-audiophile-vortex-box/315#post_12575069

Seems like a huge bargain.

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 12-May-2016

Got my microRendu connected, played music after about 5 seconds after I plugged it in via Bubble upnp. 

Had to pay 32 Euro in tax and customs fee, that is totally ok with me.

RE: Sonore Streamers - ismarketing - 12-May-2016

Have had the Micro for a week and it is simply outstanding.  I'm running the iFi PSU into a Dev 120 and the sound is open, the resolution deep, and the soundstage wider than I have ever heard in my system.  Totally kills the Aries Mini it relplaced, which itself was a nice, but small step up from a Mac Mini running A+.  I hated the UI of the Aries.

Question - I've had some trouble keeping my Micro connected to my 120.  When I power down the 120 at night and come back the next day, I have to reboot the Micro before the 120 will recognize it and output music.  Anyone else having issues like this?

FWIW - I'm running Squeezelite on the Micro, and serving from a Mac Mini running the latest version of LMS.

Thanks.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Borgen - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 14:08)ismarketing Wrote: Have had the Micro for a week and it is simply outstanding.  I'm running the iFi PSU into a Dev 120 and the sound is open, the resolution deep, and the soundstage wider than I have ever heard in my system.  Totally kills the Aries Mini it relplaced, which itself was a nice, but small step up from a Mac Mini running A+.  I hated the UI of the Aries.

Question - I've had some trouble keeping my Micro connected to my 120.  When I power down the 120 at night and come back the next day, I have to reboot the Micro before the 120 will recognize it and output music.  Anyone else having issues like this?

FWIW - I'm running Squeezelite on the Micro, and serving from a Mac Mini running the latest version of LMS.

Thanks.

Same topic was discussed on computeraudiophile.com and it was suggested to set USB setting on Devialet to "always renegotiate on power-on". Don't know if it works as I am currently "burning in" the microRendu by playing into a DacPort and headphone (keeping it quiet while burning in). That said, I had the same issue when I tested it on my Devialet.

RE: Sonore Streamers - ismarketing - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 14:34)Borgen Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 14:08)ismarketing Wrote: Have had the Micro for a week and it is simply outstanding.  I'm running the iFi PSU into a Dev 120 and the sound is open, the resolution deep, and the soundstage wider than I have ever heard in my system.  Totally kills the Aries Mini it relplaced, which itself was a nice, but small step up from a Mac Mini running A+.  I hated the UI of the Aries.

Thanks.

Same topic was discussed on computeraudiophile.com and it was suggested to set USB setting on Devialet to "always renegotiate on power-on". Don't know if it works as I am currently "burning in" the microRendu by playing into a DacPort and headphone (keeping it quiet while burning in). That said, I had the same issue when I tested it on my Devialet.

Thanks Borgen.  That setting hasn't helped yet.  I'm going to try changing my settings on the 120 so it starts up on the USB input.  Maybe that will help.

(12-May-2016, 13:13)nicoludio Wrote: Interesting comparison between uRendu, Aurender N10 (&W20):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/787020/review-comparison-of-5-high-end-digital-music-servers-aurender-n10-cad-cat-server-totaldac-d1-server-auralic-aries-audiophile-vortex-box/315#post_12575069

Seems like a huge bargain.

Thanks for sharing, very cool outcome there! Smile Happy to read he's also going for a Paul Hynes PSU like I am.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 14:08)ismarketing Wrote: Question - I've had some trouble keeping my Micro connected to my 120.  When I power down the 120 at night and come back the next day, I have to reboot the Micro before the 120 will recognize it and output music.  Anyone else having issues like this?

Mmm, that would be very annoying. I'm hoping this isn't the case with Roon too....
Have you mentioned it over on the Sonore thread at CA, or emailed them?