Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 15:23)Antoine Wrote: Thanks for sharing, very cool outcome there! Smile Happy to read he's also going for a Paul Hynes PSU like I am.

I was wondering if you were one and the same.... Smile

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 12-May-2016

@ismarketing - along with the two there suggestions to resolve your issue, a seemingly out in left field suggestion:

Are you using the hard adaptor supplied with the microRendu into the Devialet or a 3rd party USB cable? I am using the former, and yes I know it should not make a difference.

As I recall you are also using an earlier version of firmware in the Devialet, but I don't believe that should make a difference.

What would be helpful is the next time this happens, before you power cycle the microRendu, can you check if it is seen on your network? For example, on my Mac it shows up in Finder as a shared device, with the name of the Rendu, and connected as Guest I can see a folder on it called "storage_readonly".

Also you might trying logging onto sonicorbitor.com (My Sonicorbiter ) and :

1. Verify the microRendu is seen.
2. Go to Settings Tab - > Choose System Settings -> Custom DAC and see what shows up on the Audio Device list. This will let you know if the microRendu sees the Devialet

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 12-May-2016

BTW - I am running the microRendu with RoonServer running on a NAS and D400s and have not experienced the issue that @ismarketing has at the moment. Obviously there are a few differences in our setup.

RE: Sonore Streamers - GuillaumeB - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 15:23)Antoine Wrote: Happy to read he's also going for a Paul Hynes PSU like I am.

To be honest it doesn't sound as though it really needs it... already as good as the W20 with the iFi?! Crazy.

Of course I'm not going to believe it until I hear it in my own setup.

The good news is that with the SonicTransporter now on its way I have the potential building blocks in place should I decide to go down the MicroRendu route.

I do rather like the look of the totaldac through.  Wink I think I've become rather attached to the thing.

Guillaume

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 15:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 15:23)Antoine Wrote: Thanks for sharing, very cool outcome there! Smile Happy to read he's also going for a Paul Hynes PSU like I am.

I was wondering if you were one and the same.... Smile

I can assure you that's not the case. I'm still waiting for the delivery guy to deliver the mR. And I don't post on head-fi. Head-fi is is for guys whose wives don't allow them to play loud music! Wink Big Grin (just kidding here of course, head-fi is a very interesting forum. I frequently visit it, especially the computer audio forum)

(12-May-2016, 15:31)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 15:23)Antoine Wrote: Happy to read he's also going for a Paul Hynes PSU like I am.

To be honest it doesn't sound as though it really needs it... already as good as the W20 with the iFi?! Crazy.

Of course I'm not going to believe it until I hear it in my own setup.

The good news is that with the SonicTransporter now on its way I have the potential building blocks in place should I decide to go down the MicroRendu route.

I do rather like the look of the totaldac through.  Wink I think I've become rather attached to the thing.

Guillaume

Haha, well he does mention room for improvement which he hopes will be realized through additional break in and/or a better PSU. Smile edit: that need for break-in or it occurring is very consistently reported by the way.

You're absolutely right; hearing is believing, so a test in ones own system is mandatory. Looks are just that, looks at least with the mR and ST you will be able to hide it all from sight (or am I projecting my own needs here! Wink)

(12-May-2016, 15:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: I do rather like the look of the totaldac through.  Wink I think I've become rather attached to the thing.

You could always leave the totaldac in place and powered up, but just have the uRendu sending the signal to the Devialet Wink Smile

(sorry, a bit bored today clearly)

RE: Sonore Streamers - GuillaumeB - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 16:02)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(12-May-2016, 15:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: I do rather like the look of the totaldac through.  Wink I think I've become rather attached to the thing.

You could always leave the totaldac in place and powered up, but just have the uRendu sending the signal to the Devialet Wink  Smile

(sorry, a bit bored today clearly)

Haha!  Big Grin Big Grin

Mind you that's what it's doing now! Sitting gracefully.

Guillaume

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 12-May-2016

Jay, look what I just received! Cool

It's tiny, even tinier than I thought!

Nice Smile  Smile  Smile yet so unfair!

RE: Sonore Streamers - ismarketing - 12-May-2016

(12-May-2016, 15:28)baddog Wrote: @ismarketing - along with the two there suggestions to resolve your issue, a seemingly out in left field suggestion:

Are you using the hard adaptor supplied with the microRendu into the Devialet or a 3rd party USB cable?  I am using the former, and yes I know it should not make a difference.

As I recall you are also using an earlier version of firmware in the Devialet, but I don't believe that should make a difference.

What would be helpful is the next time this happens, before you power cycle the microRendu, can you check if it is seen on your network? For example, on my Mac it shows up in Finder as a shared device, with the name of the Rendu, and connected as Guest I can see a folder on it called "storage_readonly".

Also you might trying logging onto sonicorbitor.com (My Sonicorbiter ) and :

1. Verify the microRendu is seen.
2. Go to Settings Tab - > Choose System Settings -> Custom DAC and see what shows up on the Audio Device list.  This will let you know if the microRendu sees the Devialet

Thanks all - much experimenting to come tonight.