Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 08:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 05:46)octaviars Wrote: Send an mail to Jesus at Sonore and let him take a look at it, he was very helpfull with my problem wen Tidal was skipping songs in my Bubble app.

sonorejr(at)gmail.com

Done, thanks. Will report back.

Well, fast response from Sonore, but I can't say the reply was as warm and helpful as I'd hoped.

Blame the Devialet and it's standby function, and genuinely suggest restarting the rendu and/or RoonSever each time as a fix.... I'd hoped for better....

Oh well, enjoy the music for now. I honestly never thought I'd say it, but maybe I will end up back on AIR after all. Confused

RE: Sonore Streamers - SwissBear - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 12:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 08:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 05:46)octaviars Wrote: Send an mail to Jesus at Sonore and let him take a look at it, he was very helpfull with my problem wen Tidal was skipping songs in my Bubble app.

sonorejr(at)gmail.com

Done, thanks. Will report back.

Well, fast response from Sonore, but I can't say the reply was as warm and helpful as I'd hoped.

Blame the Devialet and it's standby function, and genuinely suggest restarting the rendu and/or RoonSever each time as a fix....  I'd hoped for better....

Oh well, enjoy the music for now.  I honestly never thought I'd say it, but maybe I will end up back on AIR after all. Confused

You definitely need to try the Mutec in between. This could very well solve your sleep problem as the Mutec doesn't need to sleep, or will be turned off completely, which will solve the pb according to Jesus...

RE: Sonore Streamers - hk6230 - 19-May-2016

Now that's not good, getting another device to solve one device's problem. Tongue

(19-May-2016, 12:28)hk6230 Wrote: Now that's not good, getting another device to solve one device's problem.  Tongue

You read my mind.

Although technically it would be getting a device to solve another devices problem which was bought to solve another devices problem.

Plus I could have just bought a Mutec in the first place!

RE: Sonore Streamers - SwissBear - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 12:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 12:28)hk6230 Wrote: Now that's not good, getting another device to solve one device's problem.  Tongue

You read my mind.

Although technically it would be getting a device to solve another devices problem which was bought to solve another devices problem.

Well, the Mutec could have done it, although Antoine seems to like his µRendu + Mutec combination better than the Mutec alone. But Mutec is pro-audio, not designed by Jesus, not that much fun and buzz as your µRendu. So if you want the fun and the stability, there is only one way to go Wink

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 12:45)SwissBear Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 12:31)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

You read my mind.

Well, the Mutec could have done it, although Antoine seems to like his µRendu + Mutec combination better than the Mutec alone. But Mutec is pro-audio, not designed by Jesus, not that much fun and buzz as your µRendu. So if you want the fun and the stability, there is only one way to go Wink

Steve - I did respond to your post on this over on CA.  I honestly have not experienced this and I know I've started Roon playing only then realizing I forgot to wake up the Dev and set it to USB source.   Is USB your default on the Dev?   Mine is not.  I simply had to stop and start Roon playing after getting Roon to wake up and set to USB source - it would then play fine.

Does the problem ever occur if the Dev is awakened before starting Roon or only when the Dev is asleep with Roon starts playing?    I think any solution that requires rebooting the uRendu each time is a bad one and having to buy yet another piece of hardware seems like a pricey bandaide.   

Out of town until next week so I can't dig deeper until then.

(19-May-2016, 13:30)mdconnelly Wrote: Steve - I did respond to your post on this over on CA.  I honestly have not experienced this and I know I've started Roon playing only then realizing I forgot to wake up the Dev and set it to USB source.   Is USB your default on the Dev?   Mine is not.  I simply had to stop and start Roon playing after getting Roon to wake up and set to USB source - it would then play fine.

Does the problem ever occur if the Dev is awakened before starting Roon or only when the Dev is asleep with Roon starts playing?    I think any solution that requires rebooting the uRendu each time is a bad one and having to buy yet another piece of hardware seems like a pricey bandaide.   

Haha, sorry yes lost track a bit of users and forums there - after the subsequent posts I concluded it was only an issue for modes other than RoonReady, so I forgot about that CA post after that...

USB is my startup default. I need to experiment more to get to the bottom of it and cover the scenarios above, will try and do that over the coming days. I'm really busy right now so I'd honestly hoped that I would be putting the rendu in place and could finally forget about the whole 'streaming to the deviate' issue for at least the next six months. Urgh.

I bought a Marshall speaker for the bedroom yesterday to use with Roon and a Raspberry Pi. OK, its not hifi sounding, but it all works well and I have to say I seriously thought to myself 'I might just get another Pi and another one of these for the lounge, and forget about the main hifi altogether'....

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 14:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(19-May-2016, 13:30)mdconnelly Wrote: Steve - I did respond to your post on this over on CA.  I honestly have not experienced this and I know I've started Roon playing only then realizing I forgot to wake up the Dev and set it to USB source.   Is USB your default on the Dev?   Mine is not.  I simply had to stop and start Roon playing after getting Roon to wake up and set to USB source - it would then play fine.

Haha, sorry yes lost track a bit of users and forums there - after the subsequent posts I concluded it was only an issue for modes other than RoonReady, so I forgot about that CA post after that...

USB is my startup default.  I need to experiment more to get to the bottom of it and cover the scenarios above, will try and do that over the coming days.  I'm really busy right now so I'd honestly hoped that I would be putting the rendu in place and could finally forget about the whole 'streaming to the deviate' issue for at least the next six months. Urgh.

I bought a Marshall speaker for the bedroom yesterday to use with Roon and a Raspberry Pi.  OK, its not hifi sounding, but it all works well and I have to say I seriously thought to myself 'I might just get another Pi and another one of these for the lounge, and forget about the main hifi altogether'....

Hmmm,  I wonder if your Devialet initially came out of sleep mode with a different default source, it the problem you're having would go away.  Just a shot in the dark.  I also use my Devialet in my HT setup for the front 2 speakers, so my default on startup is set for digital in bypass mode from my HT receiver.

I've been thinking about playing with an RPi but since I was a long-time squeezebox user, I've got an abundance of them that work great with Roon and all have cheap DACs & wifi built in.  Not good for the main rig, but fine for kitchen, bedroom, porch, etc...

While I love the sound I get from my Devialet and remain very impressed with the Sonore uRendu, I have become totally enamored with and impressed by Roon.  Now that's how a company should be run.  Well worth the lifetime license investment.

RE: Sonore Streamers - thumb5 - 19-May-2016

(19-May-2016, 14:23)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I bought a Marshall speaker for the bedroom yesterday to use with Roon and a Raspberry Pi.  OK, its not hifi sounding, but it all works well and I have to say I seriously thought to myself 'I might just get another Pi and another one of these for the lounge, and forget about the main hifi altogether'....

But does it go to 11?

(19-May-2016, 15:09)mdconnelly Wrote: Hmmm,  I wonder if your Devialet initially came out of sleep mode with a different default source, it the problem you're having would go away.  Just a shot in the dark.  I also use my Devialet in my HT setup for the front 2 speakers, so my default on startup is set for digital in bypass mode from my HT receiver.

I've been thinking about playing with an RPi but since I was a long-time squeezebox user, I've got an abundance of them that work great with Roon and all have cheap DACs & wifi built in.  Not good for the main rig, but fine for kitchen, bedroom, porch, etc...

While I love the sound I get from my Devialet and remain very impressed with the Sonore uRendu, I have become totally enamored with and impressed by Roon.  Now that's how a company should be run.  Well worth the lifetime license investment.

Will try that.

I also use the term 'cheap' for RPi's and their DACs (or use as digital sources), but I think its getting quite misleading these days - you get an incredible solution for the money.  I often wonder how the Pi alone as a digital source, or a Pi HAT DAC would sound fed into a high-end amp.  If I had time I'd try it as I think it would be a pretty decent sound - especially from the ones where the DAC board can be fed an external PS.  

Such a good time for digital audio in general.  I'm with you on Roon.  OK, it's not without its quirks at times, but it's evolving so fast and its really starting to come together beyond 'just' an interface.  Last night I was listening downstairs, and then on my iPhone grouped the main hifi (playing the new Radiohead album) with the upstairs 'zone' and had sound everywhere - carried on listening up there.  I know Sonos and other things do this and have done for a while, but via a £35 Pi - streaming in sync to multiple rooms?  Amazing.  The future's looking good.  I just wish I could get a setup that works reliably and without so much f*ing around.

(19-May-2016, 15:10)thumb5 Wrote: But does it go to 11?

Oh I really hope so - I'll check the dial tonight!  

Just to add, it's not like I've got a massive guitar amp in the bedroom - it's one of these Smile

[Image: marshall-woburn-acton-mode-eq-5.jpg?auto...2f618d8c1a]