Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 07-Jun-2016

(07-Jun-2016, 14:45)nicoludio Wrote: Have you considered using the SonicTransporter as a Roonserver to use with the microRendu?  

http://microjukebox.com/products/sonictransporter?variant=18167614724

With a 2TB SSD, its just US$1,099.  Runs RoonServer and MinimServer.

It's a nice bit of kit and very good value.  Although I am considering the microRendu as a bit of a punt at the moment, so I want to keep costs to a minimum.  On my network at home is a lovely desktop PC, it runs Roon perfectly (Via AIR at the moment), it has stacks of memory, SSD's etc.  So I should be fine fine for now!

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 07-Jun-2016

(07-Jun-2016, 18:46)Beajuju Wrote: I have an Aurender N100H. I like the analog side. When I heard Leonard Cohen's voice, it seems Leonard is in my living room. In counterpart, I like also Air 3. More air between musicians, better soundstage but lack midrange and bass of my Aurender. So, the question: Does the Micro rendu is the best of both worlds? At the same time, I can't imagine a 700$ kit can beat a streamer of 3500$. Am I right? In search of a better sound Smile

I think it is impossible to answer the best of both worlds question without trying one yourself, with your ears and system.  As for the price difference to the Aurender, it's not a like for like comparison.  The microRendu is a renderer only, you need to add some sort of computer, file storage, power supply.  The Aurender has all you need in one box.  Plus the Aurender is a very nice looking box, frankly, the microRendu isn't!  Taking everything into account, spec a microRendu up to Aurender levels, and there is not much difference in cost.

Sonore Streamers - samsoum - 08-Jun-2016

This could be out of the context but had to share it somewhere: i m trying free trial of Hq player with roonserver( upsample to 192 only cause i didn t know how to do it for dsd): sq is outstanding, very analogue and out of any digital cloth!! Another upgrade in sq ! Still to try dsd upsample

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Sonore Streamers - NickB - 08-Jun-2016

(08-Jun-2016, 18:00)samsoum Wrote: This could be out of the context but had to share it somewhere: i m trying free trial of Hq player with roonserver( upsample to 192 only cause i didn t know how to do it for dsd): sq is outstanding, very analogue and out of any digital cloth!! Another upgrade in sq ! Still to try dsd upsample

If you want your digital to sound analogue wouldn't you be better off with a record deck?

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 08-Jun-2016

(08-Jun-2016, 22:42)NickB Wrote:
(08-Jun-2016, 18:00)samsoum Wrote: This could be out of the context but had to share it somewhere: i m trying free trial of Hq player with roonserver( upsample to 192 only cause i didn t know how to do it for dsd): sq is outstanding, very analogue and out of any digital cloth!! Another upgrade in sq ! Still to try dsd upsample

If you want your digital to sound analogue wouldn't you be better off with a record deck?

Well, I've tried playing CD's, hard drives and USB sticks on my gramophone and the results have been very disappointing.  Anyway, sound is analogue!  You wouldn't want your your digital to actually sound sound digital would you?  (Why am I bothering???!!!!) Shy

RE: Sonore Streamers - NickB - 09-Jun-2016

(08-Jun-2016, 22:56)Confused Wrote:
(08-Jun-2016, 22:42)NickB Wrote:

Well, I've tried playing CD's, hard drives and USB sticks on my gramophone and the results have been very disappointing.  Anyway, sound is analogue!  You wouldn't want your your digital to actually sound sound digital would you?  (Why am I bothering???!!!!) Shy

Search me mate, and if you think that's difficult try putting an LP into a CD player.

If you agree that digital and analogue replay systems sound different, which I think most people do, then in order to make 1 sound like the other you have to change it so much that you might as well not bother. I find my digital system to be clearer and more precise while my Vinyl system is warm and cuddly sounding - if there is such a thing. If I tried to make the digital sound like the vinyl then I would be worried that I was destroying the very thing that makes the digital clean and clear.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 09-Jun-2016

I think just about everyone serious in audio/having explored computer audio understands/understood what he (Samsoum) meant......

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 09-Jun-2016

We've come a long way in closing that gap.  The days of nasty digital glare are long gone - even in fairly inexpensive tech.   What I fell in love with in the Devialet Expert is just how well they'll they've done that with their hybrid amp.

Sonore Streamers - NickB - 09-Jun-2016

(09-Jun-2016, 18:32)Antoine Wrote: I think just about everyone serious in audio/having explored computer audio understands/understood what he (Samsoum) meant......

Well that lets me off then

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 10-Jun-2016

Part 2 of CA's microRendu review is up. Haven't read it yet, just sharing:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/705-sonore-microrendu-review-part-2/