Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

RE: Sonore Streamers - Axel - 10-Jun-2016

(10-Jun-2016, 08:13)Antoine Wrote: Part 2 of CA's microRendu review is up. Haven't read it yet, just sharing:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/705-sonore-microrendu-review-part-2/

That is one hell of a positive review.  I might have to dip a toe in the water, sounds like I won't regret it!

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 10-Jun-2016

(10-Jun-2016, 15:04)Axel Wrote:
(10-Jun-2016, 08:13)Antoine Wrote: Part 2 of CA's microRendu review is up. Haven't read it yet, just sharing:

That is one hell of a positive review.  I might have to dip a toe in the water, sounds like I won't regret it!

I really like mine, the best streaming sound I have hade in my system and for this price I think it´s a no brainer. I use mine with the iFi PSU and will try it with a Mutec next week. I have plans to get a Paul Hynes PSU to power both the microRendu and the Mutec (if the Mutec stays in my system).

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 10-Jun-2016

(10-Jun-2016, 17:18)octaviars Wrote:
(10-Jun-2016, 15:04)Axel Wrote:

I really like mine, the best streaming sound I have hade in my system and for this price I think it´s a no brainer. I use mine with the iFi PSU and will try it with a Mutec next week. I have plans to get a Paul Hynes PSU to power both the microRendu and the Mutec (if the Mutec stays in my system).

+1!  I'm using an iFi PS with my uRendu and trying hard to resist the temptation to upgrade the PS until at least the Uptone LPS-1 makes an appearance.   Given how great my system sounds with just the iFi PS, I just can't justify the cost (yet) of going with the Sonore Signature LPS used in the review.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Axel - 11-Jun-2016

Pardon my ignorance, please. I'm rather fond of JRiver which at present I use on my QNAP NAS and I also have a copy on my Mac, although I may upgrade to Roon if I get on with the free trial. Can I use the mRendu to stream from my Mac using JRiver utilising one of the output modes? Is it a set once and forget-operation to get the mRendu up and running?

RE: Sonore Streamers - octaviars - 11-Jun-2016

(11-Jun-2016, 03:15)Axel Wrote: Pardon my ignorance, please. I'm rather fond of JRiver which at present I use on my QNAP NAS and I also have a copy on my Mac, although I may upgrade to Roon if I get on with the free trial. Can I use the mRendu to stream from my Mac using JRiver utilising one of the output modes? Is it a set once and forget-operation to get the mRendu up and running?

I dont know about JRiver but the setup took me perhaps 2 minutes to set it in DLNA mode and start playing with my Bubble app thats it. You login to a webpage and make the configuration you want on the microRendu.

Sonore Streamers - LBameule - 14-Jun-2016

Guys, if someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I'm considering a Micro Rendu for my setup. It would stand between the MacBook (acting as a "repository" of the music tracks) and the Dev. I understand clearly how this would work if I get myself a Roon license. But what if I don't want to use Roon? How would I control the music playing?

Thanks, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 14-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 22:03)LBameule Wrote: Guys, if someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I'm considering a Micro Rendu for my setup. It would stand between the MacBook (acting as a "repository" of the music tracks) and the Dev. I understand clearly how this would work if I get myself a Roon license. But what if I don't want to use Roon? How would I control the music playing?

Thanks, cheers!

L

How would you like to control your music?  There are other options you can use with the microRendu, such as JRiver, HQ Player, and so on.   I am not the biggest fan of Roon, so I am planning to try the microRendu with a number of alternatives.  Unfortunately, I can't pass on any personal experience yet, I am currently waiting for my microRendu to be delivered!  I have read elsewhere that JRiver and HQ Player work well.

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 15-Jun-2016

(14-Jun-2016, 22:56)Confused Wrote:
(14-Jun-2016, 22:03)LBameule Wrote: Guys, if someone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely thankful. I'm considering a Micro Rendu for my setup. It would stand between the MacBook (acting as a "repository" of the music tracks) and the Dev. I understand clearly how this would work if I get myself a Roon license. But what if I don't want to use Roon? How would I control the music playing?

Thanks, cheers!

L

How would you like to control your music?  There are other options you can use with the microRendu, such as JRiver, HQ Player, and so on.   I am not the biggest fan of Roon, so I am planning to try the microRendu with a number of alternatives.  Unfortunately, I can't pass on any personal experience yet, I am currently waiting for my microRendu to be delivered!  I have read elsewhere that JRiver and HQ Player work well.

Another option, install Minimserver on your Mac to act as a music server.

Use something like Linn Kazoo on a Mac, PC, or IOS device to control music playback. 

Add Bubbleserver on Mac or microRendu if you are also using Tidal or Quboz.

You would then set the microRendu to DLNA output.

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Sonore Streamers - LBameule - 15-Jun-2016

Yes, I've been reading on the Internet and starting to understand more. jRiver and HQPlayer should work, and it looks like other, even free options, would, too...

Thanks!

L

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 15-Jun-2016

(15-Jun-2016, 00:07)LBameule Wrote: Yes, I've been reading on the Internet and starting to understand more. jRiver and HQPlayer should work, and it looks like other, even free options, would, too...

Thanks!

L

Actually I thought about this a little more, I am fairly certain you can not use JRIVER as a front end to HQPlayer. Roon is a supported front end, I don't believe JRIVER is. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

I believe muso and Roon are the only supported control applications HQPlayer.

http://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html