Devialet Chat
Sonore Streamers - Printable Version

+- Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com)
+-- Forum: Devialet Chat (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Devialet-Chat)
+--- Forum: Streaming (https://devialetchat.com/Forum-Streaming)
+--- Thread: Sonore Streamers (/Thread-Sonore-Streamers)

Sonore Streamers - LBameule - 15-Jun-2016

Yes, yes, B, you are right. My point was that both were different options that, each with its own particular things, can be used to run the Rendu with a Mac.

Thanks!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 15-Jun-2016

Oops, apologies, I misunderstood....Wink

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 29-Jun-2016

A microRendu review by Michael Lavorgna should be published tomorrow/later today (Thursday) at audiostream.com

RE: Sonore Streamers - Antoine - 30-Jun-2016

And here it is: http://www.audiostream.com/content/sonore-simple-design-microrendu

Edit: Hadn't read it myself yet. An excerpt:

Quote:Simple Done Right
With the Sonore microRendu in my system, my music sounds as good, or better, than it ever has. Period. This systems has included multi-thousand dollar servers and streamers and the microRendu sounds at least as good, and in most cases better than any of them. For a specific example, I compared the microRendu to the recently reviewed Baetis Audio Revolution III Media Server and found that I preferred the microRendu. Sound quality-wise, I A/B'd between the two using the recently reviewed PS Audio DirectStream Junior1 over days and weeks and the little microRendu simply sounded better. It's worth noting that the AES cable that was included for the Baetis review costs $1,250. 

When the tiny microRendu first arrived I compared it to my trusty old MacBook Pro, which has been serving my tunes for years. This comparison lasted all of a few minutes as it was no contest—out went the worse-sounding MacBook Pro which will never again be a part of my hi-fi. The microRendu makes music sound more like music and less like some overly-processed rendition thereof. Every recording opens up into a more natural-sounding space, the noise floor drops to reveal greater micro-detail, nuance, and increased dynamic range, while tone colors become more vivid and you, your mind & body become more relaxed and able to simply listen and enjoy. What more do you need to know?

RE: Sonore Streamers - Axel - 30-Jun-2016

Another really positive review of this little marvel. If, when I try AIR 3, it doesn't work flawlessly, I am definitely going for one of these and possibly a Mutec to convert the USB output to AES.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 30-Jun-2016

Today I received my microRendu!  I have been having a lovely time setting it up and now it's working fine.  I have read comments by some that it only takes ten minutes to set up.  It has certainly taken me longer than that, but I think the most time consuming part of the job was making two new configuration cards (USB was disabled in my last config) and trying to find the Devialet's USB input, which is a task performed blind fumbling around at the back of my rack.  The actual set up on my PC, getting it to talk to Roon etc., was genuinely a five minute job.

First impressions?  It's tiny!  I have seen pictures of it next to credit cards and similar, so I knew it would be small, but somehow having it for real, in your hand, it is just the tiniest thing!

No chance to listen much yet, I am sure I will be reporting more over on the microRendu sound quality observations thread.  We do of course need to consider expectation bias.  I have read that it sounds as good as an Aurender N10, to be honest I doubt this.  I have also been reading much stuff on the Roon forum and elsewhere where a number of individuals have been trashing the thing and the associated iFi power supply and ridiculing anyone who dares to mention they have tried it and it sounds good.  (many detractors have not actually listened to one, which seams a little odd to me.)  Anyway, it is certainly controversial!

I have taken a nice picture of it, it is tricky to photograph due to it's size and colour.  So to mitigate this, I have photographed it together with a randomly selected brightly coloured LP, for contrast and sense of scale.

RE: Sonore Streamers - mdconnelly - 30-Jun-2016

I am astonished at the amount of controversy this amazing little piece of tech has generated.  Personally, I'm an extremely happy customer... It has replaced any need for AIR and it sounds awesome to boot (my system , my ears).   I did find that it sounded its best after about 3 days.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Confused - 30-Jun-2016

(30-Jun-2016, 22:06)mdconnelly Wrote: I am astonished at the amount of controversy this amazing little piece of tech has generated.  Personally, I'm an extremely happy customer... It has replaced any need for AIR and it sounds awesome to boot (my system , my ears).   I did find that it sounded its best after about 3 days.

I too am astonished by the amount of controversy!  I've just checked in a the Roon forum, there appears to be recent heavy moderation, followed immediately by some mild abuse.  It's become tribal warfare between measurement fanatics and some strange audiophile types who appear to judge products by listening to them, the expectation biased idiots!  I am waiting for the conclusion, but I suspect the thread will be shut down before one is reached.  Although this was the inspiration for my little photo above, which kind of sums up how I'm feeling about all this currently!

RE: Sonore Streamers - baddog - 01-Jul-2016

(30-Jun-2016, 23:21)Confused Wrote:
(30-Jun-2016, 22:06)mdconnelly Wrote: I am astonished at the amount of controversy this amazing little piece of tech has generated.  Personally, I'm an extremely happy customer... It has replaced any need for AIR and it sounds awesome to boot (my system , my ears).   I did find that it sounded its best after about 3 days.

I too am astonished by the amount of controversy!  I've just checked in a the Roon forum, there appears to be recent heavy moderation, followed immediately by some mild abuse.  It's become tribal warfare between measurement fanatics and some strange audiophile types who appear to judge products by listening to them, the expectation biased idiots!  I am waiting for the conclusion, but I suspect the thread will be shut down before one is reached.  Although this was the inspiration for my little photo above, which kind of sums up how I'm feeling about all this currently!

God Save the Queen!
Holidays in the Sun.
Anarchy in the UK.
Pretty Vacant.

I spun the heck out of that thing when I first got it. Crap, I can still remember the day and place I got it.

RE: Sonore Streamers - Hifi_swlon - 04-Jul-2016

Anyone using an Intona with their rendu?

I took mine out of the chain when the rendu arrived, and connected just with a curious link (hard adapter doesn't fit). This was because I thought the rendu was meant to give the best USB output possible.

Dont get me wrong I've been really, really happy with the rendu, but after a busy month or so I thought 'what the hell, it's just sitting there I'll plug the Intona back in'. To my ears, and to my surprise, it sounds quite a bit better with it. I mean it's added a real bit of magic - more than it did just using it with the Mac.

Sort of pleased, surprised and dissapointed in equal measure! Pleased because it sounds better, surprised because I thought it was meant to be rendered unnecessary, and dissapointed because I was hoping to simplify the chain and sell the Intona.

Connected hard adapter to the Intona, and Regen link from there as before.

I noted this at CA and John Swenson felt it may point to ground current leakage (if I remember correctly) somewhere in my setup and a better power supply may well allow removal of Intona. For now it's staying though, and once again I find myself aligned more with Antoine - things really can be improved!